Ben Carson on racial equality: 'Why would anyone want to change a society that is working beautifully?'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  one week ago  •  16 comments

By:   David Edwards (Raw Story - Celebrating Years of Independent Journalism)

Ben Carson on racial equality: 'Why would anyone want to change a society that is working beautifully?'
Former Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Ben Carson suggested on Wednesday that the United States does not need to improve racial equality because the country has been "working beautifully." During an interview on Fox Business, Carson told host Maria Bartiromo why he opposes both mas...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

image.jpg?width=1200&height=675  

Former Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Ben Carson suggested on Wednesday that the United States does not need to improve racial equality because the country has been "working beautifully."

During an interview on Fox Business, Carson told host Maria Bartiromo why he opposes both mask mandates and racial equality education in schools.

"I think a lot of these people who are pushing these mandates and policies, they only look at one aspect," he explained. "And it's really problematic. We need to have a much more scientific approach to this and not an emotional and ideological approach."

"And that extends to the teaching of things like critical race theory," the former official continued. "You're telling [children] that they may be carrying some horrible disease that they may pass on to their grandmother. Even though they're not sick, it may kill their grandmother. And then when their grandmother dies, you know, they're having these guilt feelings. And then if they're white, they're being told that you are an oppressor and all of your people are oppressors."

Bartiromo alleged that white children are being taught "they are a racist systemically" in schools.

"What is going on here, Dr. Carson?" she wondered.

"This is coming from people who want to fundamentally change our nation," Carson asserted. "And in order to change a society, you have to first create discomfort in that society and a desire to change."

"Why would anyone want to change from a society that is working beautifully, that is fair, that is giving people opportunities?" he added. "It starts early on with indoctrination."

Watch the video below from Fox Business.

VideoSmartNews

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    one week ago

Maybe he should run for president or something. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Expert
1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1    one week ago

He'd be a massive improvement over the current occupant. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    one week ago
Maybe he should run for president or something.

All Ben Carson (net worth = 29 million) has shown is that wealth overcomes even racism in this country.  So for the top 5%, racism doesn't occur (at least not on the receiving end).

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    one week ago

He's such an ignorant shithead.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    one week ago

He has a very calming effect on the listener. I sometimes can't keep my eyes open. More to the point, he is absolutely right!

OMG is Maria gaining weight?

Hallux
Freshman Principal
1.4.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4    one week ago

Don't know about the rest of her, but the fake aggrieved woe is 'we' stare is.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.4.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4    one week ago

She looks like a hag these days. Its hard to believe she was once a moderately respected financial reporter. 

pat wilson
Professor Guide
1.4.3  pat wilson  replied to  JohnRussell @1.4.2    one week ago

You and Vic ridiculing Bartiromo's looks perpetuates the myth that a person's physical attributes have anything to do with their character or performance in their profession. Leave that shit in the past where it belongs.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.4.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4    one week ago
He has a very calming effect on the listener.

He talks the same way a friend of mine did in high school (oh so many years ago).  My friend could best be described as a "pothead", who's speech would often pause in mid-sentence, only to start up again with a complete new train of thought a few minutes later. 

Before you jump on me, I am NOT calling Ben Carson a "pothead", I am just saying that his speech mannerisms closely resemble the speech mannerisms of my "pothead" friend from high school after he'd had a particularly "enjoyable" afternoon....

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    one week ago

Dr Sleepy should go back to bed

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Principal
3  Hal A. Lujah    one week ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    one week ago

Having a huge narcissistic painting like that is bad enough. Displaying it in the foyer of your mansion is next level. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    one week ago

Especially when Jesus looks like a Klingon.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.1    one week ago

He was a Klingon.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    one week ago

I've always wondered if Dr Carson believes Jesus was white and spoke English?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4  XXJefferson51    one week ago

Ben Carson is a great American and he’s exactly right.  “America is not a racist country” U.S. Sen. Tim Scott