Pelosi's dilemma, Biden's travails, cowboys and the week that was

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  39 comments

Pelosi's dilemma, Biden's travails, cowboys and the week that was
“I’m pissed. I’m unhappy, and I'm not just unhappy with the cowboys who were running down Haitians and using their reins to whip them. I'm unhappy with this administration," said Ms Waters on Wednesday.

It was another horrendous week for Joe Biden and democrats everywhere. Biden's promise of a booster shot for all Americans was shot down by the FDA. Pelosi has a deadline set for Monday, Sep 27th to package two bills for passage and moderate democrats and the progressive wing of the party are bitterly divided over it. Meanwhile in the US Senate, the parliamentarian shot down democrats hopes of sneaking a provision about amnesty for millions of illegal migrants into an "Infrastructure bill." 

Panic has begun to creep into Democratic talks on the Biden agenda

FADNy-KUUAcUOyg?format=png&name=small

Biden offered a bland, globalist address to world leaders at the United Nations General Assembly, in a speech which was somewhat gaffe free. He gave the usual progressive nod to global warming activism, spoke of "lifting people up around the world" and made a less than credible vow to stand up against terrorism and defend ourselves and our allies.

As if that wasn't enough, an epic drama was playing out on the southern border. Under a bridge in Del Rio, Texas, illegal migrants began building a huge encampment. It had started the previous week. By this past Saturday about 15,000 migrants were encamped there. Many were Haitians, who had been living in Brazil and a few other South American countries. It may not have been widely know, but Fox News began covering the story and used drones to show how big the camp was.

del-rio-texas-3.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1024

It wasn't long before the administration took notice. At first DHS banned drones from flying over the area because of "safety issues." Then they decided to clear the place out quickly. They didn't want to tell us if the migrants were being sent back, but it didn't take long for Fox News to discover that all family groups and any woman claiming to be pregnant were given NTR (Notice to Report) status and released into the country. By wednesday night there were only about 5,300 remaining in the camp. There was also the image that woke the "hard core" hate-filled progressives.

u-s-border-patrol-will-no-longer-use-horses-in-del-rio-texas-after-outrage-over-treatment-of-haitian-migrants-cnbc-scaled.jpg?resize=2048%2C1425&ssl=1

That image was at first falsely described as a cowboy using a whip. Then it was described as a cowboy whipping with the reigns. A careful examination of that photo and one can easily see that the agent is apprehending the migrant with a firm grip.
That had the rabid racist Maxine Waters claiming that it was worse than slavery. She also condemned the Biden administration for it. Jen Psaki was pressed on it. She said that the president thought it was horrific and that DHS was investigating it. DHS immediately illiminated the mounted unit of the border patrol. Thus Biden has been under the gun from both right and left.

Also making news on the border was Texas Governor Abbott who set up a wall of police vehicles to stop the flow of migrants.

vehiclewall.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

"If they're thinking about coming and crossing this river here in Texas, you may end up with handcuffs on your hands and going straight to jail rather than being released into the general population," he said.

Although a Federal Judge has ruked that the Biden Administration must reinstate Trump's "Remain-in-Mexico policy," little has yet been done to bring back the successful policy.

Finally there were major developements in the human interest story that has gripped the nation. The body of Gabby Petito was found.

What have we learned:

We are learning how willing the Biden administration is to lie to us. This week a Judge ordered Biden's justice Department to release the film that was being held by the Department of the Jan 6th protest. None other than Tucker Carlson showcased it for the nation last night:

Right here on NT there are some who still seem to believe the Russia hoax and we even have them defending it. Btw, Politico just admitted that the Hunter Biden story was true - every word of it!  It's easy to admitt it after Biden got elected, I suppose. We recently found out that Hunter Biden reportedly demanded a $2 million retainer plus “success fees” to unlock Libyan assets frozen by the Obama-Biden administration, according to newly discovered emails obtained by Business Insider.

The souther border and Hunter Biden are two stories that just won't go away!

My favorite line was when one of our leading progressives said "No one sane gives a shit about Hunter Biden."

117038_600.jpg

Until next time......

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Interesting times we live in.

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Principal
2  Just Jim NC TttH    2 months ago

Great wrap up Vic. Thanks.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    2 months ago

A lot of the credit goes to those indies who voted for Joe Biden. We wouldn't have much to talk about or worry about without their dirty little deed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 months ago

Far too many independents have been lethargic about opposing Trump for the past 6 years. On the whole independents have been no friend to the Democrats. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    2 months ago
On the whole independents have been no friend to the Democrats. 

Wait until the midterms!  Then you'll see what enemies they can be!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    2 months ago

They keep pinning their hopes on the midterms - I think they're in for a serious letdown.  But then they'll say it was thanks to the 'Deep State' whatever the fuck that is.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.3    2 months ago
They keep pinning their hopes on the midterms

It's not "hopes," It's absolute certainty!

Snuffy
Junior Quiet
2.1.5  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    2 months ago
On the whole independents have been no friend to the Democrats. 

Really????

Independent voters swung to Biden by a 9-point margin (52% to 43%) in 2020, a major shift from 2016 when Trump won the bloc by one point over Clinton (43% to 42%).

Now the 22 elections will I believe go far in the other direction. This administration has just made too many mistakes to be widely popular with independents. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

As in past stories, there is no denial from Hunter Biden. There is no need to do so since few in the media are asking for answers. This is only a scandal if the media reports it. It is therefore not a scandal by general consensus in Washington. ....Jonathan Turley

wRLI7Adx?format=jpg&name=360x360

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Taliban to Biden: We'll take it from here!

_8bSuAL5?format=jpg&name=small

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    2 months ago

I think it was a great week. Mark Meadows and Steve Bannon and Trump's social media guru Dan Scavino were hit with subpoenas to testify at the Jan 6 committee, and the committee seems poised to zero in on Trump's traitorous schemes to steal the election. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago

We knew the democrats were going to stage a show trial and go after Trump associates. There were 4 to be exact.

I think it was a great week

Really?  Then, I'd hate to see what a bad week for Biden would look like!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 months ago

A show trial?  Trump TRIED to steal the election and you call it a show trial?  

I wonder if that 6 pt memo had come out before the second impeachment , how many more Republicans would have coughed up enough integrity to vote for removal. It would have been interesting to see. 

We now have a smoking gun that shows Trump had no limits to his election treachery. The question is what will be done about it. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.1    2 months ago
A show trial? 

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.1    2 months ago
A show trial?  Trump TRIED to steal the election and you call it a show trial?

054e7b4672681467e266adddeec83161.jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.1    2 months ago
wonder if that 6 pt memo had come out before the second impeachment , how many more Republicans would have coughed up enough integrity to vote for removal. It would have been interesting to see. 

Just think John, in about a year's time the Republicans will control congress. I wonder if they'll take a page out of Pelosi's book and impeach Joe Biden every chance they get?

After all Biden has actually committed an impeachable offense - on the southern border.

Article II, Section 1, Clause 8:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

And then there is that cozy phone conversation with Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.2    2 months ago

Here is what I have read that the Jan 6 committee is now interested in - to what extent were the claims of a "stolen" election nothing but a pretense for trump to try and steal the presidency for a second term?  If he could claim there was widespread voter fraud across the nation, Trump would then feel justified in imposing something like this six point plan to have him "declared" the winner by Republican legislatures. This may have been the contingency plan since even before the election took place on Nov 3. 

This is what they may be looking into. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.5    2 months ago
This is what they may be looking into. 

LMAO!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago

It appears all some have is continually digging dirt on Hunter Biden when it has no relevance to President Biden.

We didn't vote for Hunter.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5.2    2 months ago
We didn't vote for Hunter.

So what?  Is Hunter exempt from the laws of the United States?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.1    2 months ago
Is Hunter exempt from the laws of the United States?

You have yet to find a law that he has broken.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.2    2 months ago

He who does not seek shall not find

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.3    2 months ago

He who does not seek shall not find

And apparently, he who does seek (you) shall also not find.

Ronin2
PhD Quiet
5.3  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago

You mean the Nancy Pelosi dog and pony show. With two trained Republican toy poodles she put on the committee to try and make it seem bipartisan.

They can subpoena whoever they want.

Whomever is subpoenaed can all follow Hillary's lead and state "I cannot remember" countless times; or get really combative and retort "What difference at this point does it make?".

The media doesn't even give a crap about the Jan 6th committee anymore John. Biden's massive fuckup at the border; the media suddenly discovering Hunter Biden's hard drive was not some Russian plot; the Democrats proving they are too stupid to claim victory and pass the bipartisan infrastructure bill and then get whatever they can from the reconciliation bill; and a dead female streamer have made Pelosi's gambit irrelevant news to everyone but the most hard core lemmings.

At least she has company. Seems all the media outside of Fox have forgotten about the US citizens Biden abandoned in Afghanistan. A far more meaningful news story. I am sure that will change when the tortured, dead, and those taken hostage by whatever faction can claim them start to show up on social media. Then the media can act shocked all over again.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3    2 months ago

I think it was interesting to see the films that the Federal Judge ordered released. It looked like people wandering through a museum. What a contrast from the films the democrats released.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    2 months ago

Let your many, many, many readers decide!

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6    2 months ago

You need to get some new lines.

That little confab has been a failure. Tell the girls to try harder.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  Tessylo    2 months ago

"It's not "hopes," It's absolute certainty!"

Dream on!

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Principal
7.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @7    2 months ago
Dream on!

The mid terms are going to be your nightmare.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

A recent POLITICO/Morning Consult poll found that registered voters trusted Republicans in Congress more than Democrats, 45% to 40%, to handle immigration. Only 38% of U.S. adults approve of Biden’s handling of immigration, according to a recent Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

The photographer who took the now infamous photos of mounted Border Patrol agents in Del Rio says he and his colleagues never saw agents whipping anyone and the photos are being misconstrued. However, the false narrative is off and running.

https:// ktsm.com/local/el-paso- news/photographer-behind-controversial-photos-speaks-exclusively-to-ktsm/

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
10  GregTx    2 months ago
Put more simply, the longer the president is in office, the dumber people think he is. And it’s likely not because of any single issue. The White House is the major leagues, as a former vice president, of all people, ought to know. His every move and action is now under scrutiny. He has to think on his feet and respond in real-time to real-life crises. The public can see now how Biden comports himself as the commander in chief. It’s not just a theoretical game anymore. He can’t just promise to do better than the last guy. He is actually expected to deliver and to deliver competently and efficiently. So far, the public apparently isn't impressed.

Majority now believe that Joe Biden is kind of an idiot: Poll | Washington Examiner

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
10.1  JaneDoe  replied to  GregTx @10    2 months ago

I have to go against the majority here. I believe he is a full blown idiot!

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
10.1.1  GregTx  replied to  JaneDoe @10.1    2 months ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Hallux
Sophomore Principal
11  Hallux    2 months ago

I've seen many a rogue wave come in at Point Pinos, this article is a mascarade of rogue ripples.

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
12  GregTx    2 months ago
First, Biden’s incompetent administration keeps failing to deliver on its promises. Biden said “diplomacy is back,” but French President Emmanuel Macron might beg to differ. He said the “over the horizon” technology would stop terrorism without “military boots on the ground,” but innocent children were killed in his botched drone strike. He swore that inflation was “transitory,” even as it continues. He promised “independence” from the virus, but here we are two and a half months later and COVID-19 is still wreaking havoc. He insisted the Taliban’s takeover of Kabul was not inevitable. He vowed to evacuate all Americans. He claimed the border crisis was “cyclical.” I could go on.

Biden’s Loads of Little Lies Are Finally Catching Up With Him (msn.com)

Sean Treacy
Professor Expert
13  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

. I’m unhappy, and I'm not just unhappy with the cowboys who were running down Haitians and using their reins to whip them

What a fucking crazy loon she is. Literally making things up to attack the border patrol.

It's amazing that Waters and the other crazy loon Biden are madder at the Border Patrol for doing their jobs then they were at the Taliban for killing our troops.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
13.1  JaneDoe  replied to  Sean Treacy @13    2 months ago
madder at the Border Patrol for doing their jobs then they were at the Taliban for killing our troops.

They just are looking for any reason to scream racism! It’s pathetic 

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
13.1.1  GregTx  replied to  JaneDoe @13.1    2 months ago

Absolutely, that's why one of America's premier race-baiters headed on down here. I don't think he got the reception he was expecting.

Al Sharpton's border trip descends into farce as he is heckled during 150-second speech | Washington Examiner