╌>

Matt Gaetz RAGES at Milley, Austin During Hearing: ‘If We Didn’t Have a President That Was So Addled, You All Would Be Fired!’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  16 comments

Matt Gaetz RAGES at Milley, Austin During Hearing: ‘If We Didn’t Have a President That Was So Addled, You All Would Be Fired!’
Gaetz’s time expired at the end of his harangue, and Congresswoman Chrissy Houlahan (D-PA) began her allowed time by saying “I apologize for the behavior of my colleague.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Ken MeyerSep 29th, 2021, 12:46 pm 2-3 minutes   9/29/2021

Congressman   Matt Gaetz   (R-FL) unleashed on General   Mark Milley   and Defense Secretary   Lloyd Austin   in a hearing on the U.S.’ chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan.

As Milley and Austin appeared before the House Armed Services Committee the day after their hearing with the Senate committee, Gaetz went off about their assessments on Afghanistan and broader decisions around the Middle East.

“It seems like you are chronically bad at this,” Gaetz said as he railed on about the Afghanistan government’s fragility and Milley’s conversations with multiple journalists. He then appropriated “the big lie” — a phrase to decry former President   Donald Trump’s   2020 election falsehoods — in order to declare that “the big lie that this was ever going to be successful and we could ever rely on the Afghanistan government for anything at all.”

Gaetz continued by accusing Milley of undermining the military’s chain of command, and he steamrolled over the chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff when he attempted to refute that notion   as he did yesterday . He eventually brought his tirade to a crescendo as he spoke about Milley’s statement that   he won’t resign   just because President   Joe Biden   didn’t take his advice on Afghanistan.

You said yesterday that you weren’t going to resign when senators asked you this question. I believe that you guys probably won’t resign. You seem to be very happy failing up over there. But if we didn’t have a president that was so addled, you all would be fired. Because that is what you deserve. You’ve let down people who wear the uniform in my district and all around the country, and you are far more interested in what your perception is and how people think about you in insider Washington books than you care about winning.

Gaetz’s time expired at the end of his harangue, and Congresswoman   Chrissy Houlahan   (D-PA) began her allowed time by saying “I apologize for the behavior of my colleague.”

Watch above, via Fox News.

Have a tip we should know?   tips@mediaite.com

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

This was the first time anyone could remember a piece of dog shit attacking a group of American generals. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

He is dog shit and may be spending some time in jail soon. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Kavika @1.1    3 years ago
may be spending some time in jail soon.

All he has to do is claim to be a liberal, and all will be forgotten.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.2  evilone  replied to  Kavika @1.1    3 years ago

Either Gaaz's is pissed the generals wouldn't support martial law in swing states where Trump lost to force a new elections OR he's trying to distract his base from his impending sex trafficking / campaign finance charges. Perhaps both... He certainly lawyered up with some big name (read expensive) defense attorneys. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Kavika   replied to  bugsy @1.1.1    3 years ago
All he has to do is claim to be a liberal, and all will be forgotten.

Of course, he could but he won't claim that because he has a bad case of TDS.  Perhaps you, Ronin, and Jim can make arrangements to visit him in prison if he is convicted.  Raiford would love to accommodate him for a period of time.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @1.1.3    3 years ago

I don't want that man on our side! We reject pedophiles!

And before one of them jrSmiley_115_smiley_image.png makes a comment about it....you're on ignore so don't bother

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.5  bugsy  replied to  Kavika @1.1.3    3 years ago
he has a bad case of TDS

I really don't think you know what TDS is

Maybe you should take a good hard look at yourself for the real definition.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Kavika   replied to  bugsy @1.1.5    3 years ago

I'm well aware of how you interpret it, but when someone is as delusional as Trump who is still claiming that he won the election TDS is the perfect fit. 

You should probably take a good hard look at yourself before making assumptions. 

Have a great evening.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    3 years ago

They should be court-martialed for dereliction of duty  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    3 years ago

Gaetz may be a shit human being and politician; but he just proved that a piece of shit knows pieces of shit when they see them. He was spot on in his rant.

Being woke doesn't qualify anyone to be a good military leader. Not standing up for your morals, principles, and basic military protocols doesn't either. All 3 of them failed on all accounts when they allowed Biden to run roughshod over basic military tactics in Afghanistan. 

Wonder if Biden realizes that he was thrown under the bus by all three of them? Gaetz is correct- if Biden wasn't so addle minded all 3 would already be fired. 

Of course the Democrat to follow apologized for someone telling the Generals the truth. It is in very short supply in all facets of our government these days; which is something to be sorry for.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3    3 years ago

Milley and the other Joint Chiefs were appointed by Trump. If Trump had still been president during the withdrawal , roughly the same thing would have happened.  One has to seriously doubt that Gaetz or the other GOP congresspeople would have been attacking Milley now.  

This is all bullshit. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Gaetz just needs to sit down and color. He doesn't a goddamned thing about the military. I think it's a travesty that Gaetz is allowed to sit on this committee and treat a decorated Patriot with disrespect. His daddy should have raised him better

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    3 years ago
I think it's a travesty that Gaetz is allowed to sit on this committee and treat a decorated Patriot with disrespect.

Yea because no democrat has ever done the same. s/

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    3 years ago

This little weasel would not have lasted past day one in Basic Training.  He would be curled up on his bunk crying for mommy.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2    3 years ago

He wouldn't have even gotten thru Air Force basic training (which I went thru) and I hear that it's way easier than any of the other boot camps

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

If Trump, a sexual predator himself, had not been POTUS, Gaetz would have been ousted a long time ago.  Sexual predators protect each other.