╌>

Biden: 'Not appropriate' for protesters to follow Sinema into bathroom

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  3 years ago  •  47 comments

By:   Brett Samuels (MSN)

Biden: 'Not appropriate' for protesters to follow Sinema into bathroom
President Biden on Monday said he did not agree with activists who followed Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) into a bathroom over the weekend to protest her position on a reconciliation bill containing Democratic priorities."I don't think they're appropriate tactics, but it happens to everybody. The only people it doesn't happen to are people who have Secret Service standing around them. So it's part of the process," Biden said, responding to a...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Biden on Monday said he did not agree with activists who followed Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) into a bathroom over the weekend to protest her position on a reconciliation bill containing Democratic priorities.

© Greg Nash Biden: 'Not appropriate' for protesters to follow Sinema into bathroom

"I don't think they're appropriate tactics, but it happens to everybody. The only people it doesn't happen to are people who have Secret Service standing around them. So it's part of the process," Biden said, responding to a question from Fox News correspondent Peter Doocy.

Sinema traveled over the weekend to Arizona for a medical appointment and a reported fundraiser. The senator said protesters followed her into a bathroom at Arizona State University, where she is a lecturer, videotaped students without their permission and recorded her and her students in a campus bathroom.

"Yesterday's behavior was not legitimate protest," Sinema said in a statement. "It is unacceptable for activist organizations to instruct their members to jeopardize themselves by engaging in unlawful activities such as gaining entry to closed university buildings, disrupting learning environments, and filming students in a restroom."

"It is the duty of elected leaders to avoid fostering an environment in which honestly-held policy disagreements serve as the basis for vitriol - raising the temperature in political rhetoric and creating a permission structure for unacceptable behavior," she added.

A video of the incident showed an activist standing outside of the bathroom stall that Sinema was in while the other stood at the entrance of the bathroom filming the encounter.

Sinema, along with Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), has opposed the initial $3.5 trillion price tag proposed for Democrats reconciliation bill. Manchin has said he is not comfortable with a figure larger than $1.5 trillion, while Sinema has avoided outlining her own specific views in public, frustrating some Democrats and triggering talk of a potential primary challenge when Sinema is up for reelection in 2024.

Biden said Monday he is still working on getting Manchin and Sinema on board with his economic agenda.

"This is a process," he said, pointing to Democrats' narrow margins in the House and Senate. "We'll get it done."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

It's a shame the protesters chose to use such tactics, and even sadder to see them make such fools of themselves.

Really, recording in a bathroom?

Hanging around a bathroom stall?

SMH

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1  GregTx  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

Pathetic. Seems like tactics that grade school bullies would use, not grown ass people.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  GregTx @1.1    3 years ago

And the next day they harassed her at the airport and then on the plane for a cross country flight.  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago
The fact that different standards seem to exist, though, was sufficient justification for many people on January 6.

The only things that follow people into bathrooms are toddlers, dogs, and sexual predators.  I'll let you decide which of those applies here.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

They weren't just protestors. They were part of the group known as Living United for Change in Arizona. George Soros’s Open Society Foundation is Living United’s biggest donor.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Way to out on a limb Joe. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
3  squiggy    3 years ago

Sarah Sanders’ treatment doesn’t justify this but it put the public harassment tactic on the board.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  squiggy @3    3 years ago

false equivalency, when was that freak of nature ever a senator?

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.1.1  squiggy  replied to  devangelical @3.1    3 years ago

She’s human and this is assault.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.2  devangelical  replied to  squiggy @3.1.1    3 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @3.1.2    3 years ago

Prove she is human in such a way you can understand it??

Is that even possible?

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.1.4  squiggy  replied to  devangelical @3.1.2    3 years ago

[removed]

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.3    3 years ago

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.1.6  squiggy  replied to  squiggy @3.1.4    3 years ago
[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  squiggy @3.1.6    3 years ago

[deleted]

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.1.8  GregTx  replied to  squiggy @3.1.6    3 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @3.1.5    3 years ago

Thanks again for the inanity!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

What's sad is how mealy mouthed Biden was. He called it inappropriate, but then laughingly said it "happens to everyone."

Of course it doesn't.  It's why this is a story. 

He's so afraid to piss of the psychopaths who run his party that he can't even condemn outrageous invasions of privacy of a female Senator without downplaying it.

For giggles, imagine if this had been those dreaded right wing protesters who followed AOC or another darling of the progressives into a bathroom and taped her. Would Biden dismiss it as something that happens to everyone? Of course not. It would be the biggest scandal in America.  But Sinema is on the outs with progressives, so she's fair game to be treated as an enemy of the Republic.  

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    3 years ago
But Sinema is on the outs with progressives, so she's fair game to be treated as an enemy of the Republic.

Much as the "psychopath" republicans deal with Liz Cheney ... @!@

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @4.1    3 years ago

Please post whatever you have in regards to people following her into a bathroom, recording her.

Shall I wait?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.1    3 years ago

Don't [bother...deleted]

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.3  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.1    3 years ago

off the bat:

1: Were the two, one who followed her and the other who stood in the doorway women?

2: I have used many unisex bathrooms in many locations and have yet to see anyone freakout. Sinema needs to get over herself.

3: I doubt that Liz would have whined about it, the lady rides the range and having driven through Wyoming I do not recall port-a-potties conveniently dotting the landscape.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @4.1.3    3 years ago

So no evidence to support your claim.

I figured as much.

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    3 years ago

Believe it or not, I was going to seed this.

Ridiculous.

On another note, I thought congress people had security.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @5    3 years ago

She likely will now, many far left activists have a legacy of violence

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Ender  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1    3 years ago

And the extreme right is just squeaky clean...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @5.1.1    3 years ago

With far less numbers nationwide

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Ender  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1    3 years ago

Seriously though, I thought senators got like secret service protection.

Guess I was wrong.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @5    3 years ago
I thought congress people had security.
  • While there may be times when other members of Congress have security, because of threats or concerns at the time, there are only nine members who are entitled to full-time protection by the Capitol Police. They are:
  • The Speaker of the House
  • The Majority Leaders of both the House and Senate
  • The Minority Leaders of both the House and Senate
  • The Majority Whips of both the House and Senate
  • The Minority Whips of both the House and Senate
Luckily, Congressman Steve Scalise was the Majority Whip of the House when members were attacked by a gunman during a baseball practice. Without his security detail there, who knows how it would have ended up.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2    3 years ago

I actually wouldn't mind them all getting it.

As much as we already spend, it would be a drop in the bucket.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @5.2.1    3 years ago
I actually wouldn't mind them all getting it. As much as we already spend, it would be a drop in the bucket.

I agree that our spending thousands vs. trillions would be a drop in the bucket. However, according to the article ...

The senator said protesters  followed her  into a bathroom at Arizona State University, where she is a lecturer, videotaped students without their permission and recorded her and her students in a campus bathroom.

Do we need guards at every bathroom in the country that every elected official and non-elected others might use? I certainly hope that we've not become that barbaric!

Perhaps a simpler and less expensive solution would be to not allow "protesters" to enter bathrooms to deliberately harass elected officials and ordinary students.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.2    3 years ago

If she had a security officer assigned to her, that person would be with them always.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @5.2.3    3 years ago

According to the US Constitution, she doesn't "qualify" for that level of security.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @5    3 years ago
On another note, I thought congress people had security.

You would think, right?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6  Greg Jones    3 years ago

Well, this is standard practice for many leftist loons.

I'm beginning to like this lady....a Democrat with a brain and a heart

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @6    3 years ago

That has become a novel concept lately.  So much has changed in that party over the years since I left it.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    3 years ago

So when conservative protesters (crazy conservatives protestors) have breached the perimeter of the Capitol and they are separated from members of Congress by several walls and rooms (and some aren’t even in the same building), and security forces are present, that is some kind of attempted mass murder and a coup d’etat. Anyone shot brought that shit on themselves. Furthermore, every member (even the ones not close by) was rightly terrified for their life and America should be outraged. Forever. We should probably have a holiday to remember it and maybe build some statues or something.

OK, let’s go with that. I’m not here to argue that the Capitol riot wasn’t wrong.

But when progressive protestors (crazy progressive protestors) trap a member of Congress in a bathroom with no security and no escape, that’s the kind of thing that “happens to everybody.” She should probably get over it, has no cause to be afraid, and the rest of us should just forgettaboutit.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9  Jasper2529    3 years ago

I've read about, and seen videos of, radical Left American Marxists harassing Americans while they're eating, outside a movie theater, and while they're walking on a street. But, Left wing American Marxists harassing women in a bathroom takes it to a new level.

Maxine Waters and her Squad set the harassment table years ago, so they can be very proud, even though Sinema is a member of their own Democrat political party.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

She is a disgusting woman, but everyone deserves to take a dump in private.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10    3 years ago
She is a disgusting woman, but everyone deserves to take a dump in private.

Sinema was also harassed while sitting in her seat on an airplane and while walking through an airport. IMO, no one should be treated this way.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Jasper2529 @10.1    3 years ago

I agree.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10    3 years ago

Why is she disgusting?  That she’s as big a maverick to Dems as McCain was to us?