╌>

Bill Maher Says He Has More Conservative Fans Than Ever Before, Explains It’s Because Liberals Now ‘Have A Crazy Section’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  colour-me-free  •  3 years ago  •  23 comments

Bill Maher Says He Has More Conservative Fans Than Ever Before, Explains It’s Because Liberals Now ‘Have A Crazy Section’
“When people say to me sometimes, ‘boy, you go after the Left a lot these days, why?’ I’m like ‘Because you’re embarrassing me!’” – @BillMaher #RealTime

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Bill Maher is noticing a lot more conservatives among his fans.

Maher   has been one of the most famous liberals in America for decades, and he’s become a refreshing voice of reason from his side of the aisle over the past few years.    David Hookstead Is The True  King  In The  North  When It Comes To College Football)

The “ Real Time with Bill Maher ” host has generated a lot of praise for calling out cancel culture and woke politics, and he’s now noticing conservatives are buying tickets to his shows.

“When people say to me sometimes, ‘boy, you go after the Left a lot these days, why?’ I’m like ‘Because you’re embarrassing me!’” –  @BillMaher   #RealTime   pic.twitter.com/u8kjGqExmr — Brent Baker (@BrentHBaker)  September 11, 2021

Maher said the following on Joe Scarborough’s podcast,   according to Outkick :

For the first time in my life, I am playing to a mixed audience. I was in Nashville about a month ago, and the audience was about 60-40 liberal to conservative. That never used to happen, never. And I think it’s because 10 years ago, in my opinion anyway, the left did not have a crazy section. There was no such thing as woke, and now they do have a crazy section, which I call out as a liberal. I think I’m kind of one of the only people doing that, so there’s a hunger to hear that.

You can listen to the entire podcast below.

As I’ve said many times before, I don’t think Bill Maher  is becoming more conservative. Not at all. I just think the left has moved so far left that the party abandoned him.

Bill Maher   holds very few traditional values. He’s a liberal guy, but he doesn’t think canceling everyone you disagree with is a smart idea.

In 2021, that means you’re now to the right of where a lot of liberals are.

Why is Matt Damon always in the doghouse with the online hall monitors of righteousness? He is one of the most likable guys in Hollywood, with impeccable liberal credentials. Yet always flailing around in cancel culture quicksand.  #BureauOfWokeness   #Wokeatraz   pic.twitter.com/B9xdqqqbZO — Bill Maher (@billmaher)  August 14, 2021

Conservatives have always loved comedy. Anyone who reads what I write knows that, and there’s clearly a market for someone who stands up to cancel culture and talks about how fracturing America down racial lines is a recipe for disaster.

Maher is more popular than ever. Why? He’s willing to police his side of the aisle, which is something most people don’t want to do.

I disagree with Maher on probably 75% of the stuff he says, but I still love his show because he’s willing to embrace debate and differing viewpoints. In 2021, that’s as rare as a unicorn sighting.

Bill Maher absolutely destroyed losers in America who are too sensitive and political correct.

We need some more common sense in this country, and we need more people speaking the truth.

Props to   @BillMaher   for his refreshing honesty.   pic.twitter.com/nLqEs2gbpk

— David Hookstead (@dhookstead)  July 22, 2021

Something tells me Maher’s audience will only continue to grow as he continues to speak out against the nonsense consuming America.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1  seeder  Colour Me Free    3 years ago

A quick interesting read .. I have always enjoyed Real Time with Bill Maher ...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Colour Me Free @1    3 years ago

It's been awhile.  It's nice to see you again.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.2.1  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2    3 years ago

Hello Paula .. I keep popping in and out .. once winter hits I may be here a bit more .. mulching flower beds today  : )

Hope you are well  : )

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Colour Me Free @1.2.1    3 years ago

I hate the smell of mulch, but I sure love what it did for my flower beds at my old place.  I am good tyvm.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Bill Mahr has never been a fan of PC no wonder the cons love him now. They used to hate him. Wait until he goes on another anti-religion screed

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 years ago

I like Maher's rants .. he can say things I cannot, I would get demerits  : )

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1    3 years ago

Oh, absolutely! BAck in the day when I could stay up late I watch his show all the time. He said so many things I agreed with and they weren't all PC

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.2  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    3 years ago

Yes Mrs. G .. yet we can now stream him at anytime : )

Bill and Ann Colter's friendship is priceless .. have you seen them debate?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1.2    3 years ago

yes I have and that is priceless!

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.4  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.3    3 years ago

They are my example of 'we can all get along, should we choose to'  ...    : )

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1.4    3 years ago

I agree. I can disagree with my friends and family but it it's al good natured. When I get out of hand my sister laughs at me and then hugs me

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.6  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.5    3 years ago
When I get out of hand my sister laughs at me and then hugs me

Yep exactly .. I can disagree with you, and still go to dinner and drinks with you  : )

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1.6    3 years ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    3 years ago

I first discovered him in an old movie D.C. Cab and saw his wit even then.

CB
Professor Principal
2.2  CB  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 years ago

Emphatically. Or, tears Artful Liar a new butthole! Then, those conservatives will retreat back to the sidelines pronto.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Maybe early onset Alzheimers has hit him. 

Maher seems more worried about wokeness than he is about Republican attempts to subvert government. 

Democrats want to help the 99%

Republicans want to keep the nations schools from talking about racism. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
3.1  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

“Democrats want to help the 99%”

that explains why they are flooding the country with people who take resources those 99% could use. jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

Our governor (CA) just signed a bill requiring schools to teach ethnic studies which will allow CRT.  If other states want to stay ignorant, let them.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
4  Gazoo    3 years ago

I never paid much attention to maher, i figured he was just another liberal talking head. Then he spoke out against certain factions of islam. And i agreed with him. Now he comes out against these far far left liberals and i agree with him again. It’s nice to know there are some liberals that have some common sense.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1  CB  replied to  Gazoo @4    3 years ago

Bull patty. You are against what Bill stands for and I know this because I watch Bill Maher's show and he is 'scalding' and rude but deep as all out. That said, I recently let my premium channels go because Comcast is a 'bum' that takes its paying customers for granted.  I can still find Real Time with Bill Maher and New Rules segments when I want on-line and that is good enough for me. Yeah, Bill is aging and that means he suffers fool less than he did in his youth no matter the source. In that sense I am just like him! I don't fully understand all the progressive proposals out and about right now. I am wanting and waiting to see if any of those 'far-out' proposals can reach 'fruition' and I can see what is yielded as practical results:

New Rule: Progressophobia | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)