Manchin Again Balking At Supporting Social Spending Bill

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  5 comments

Manchin Again Balking At Supporting Social Spending Bill

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

4VIECtDH_bigger.jpg

CBS News

@CBSNews

Sen. Joe Manchin says he wants more time to analyze the reconciliation bill's changes to U.S. policies, and "will not support" a bill that "irresponsibly adds to our $29 trillion in national debt that no one seems to really care about or even talk about"

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

All the more reason for the progressives to say they wont vote for anything until they get written commitment from Manchin and Sinema to vote for both. 

There are more progressives than there are Manchin and Sinema and they are right to assert their political clout as well. 

I wouldnt trust Manchin and Sinema as far as I could throw their fat asses. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

I hope the delusional progressive liberals do indeed refuse to vote on the real infrastructure bill they currently are obstructing.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 years ago
Sen. Joe Manchin says he wants more time to analyze the reconciliation bill's changes to U.S. policies

A Democrat with critical thinking skills!!!!!!   WE FOUND A UNICORN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    3 years ago
A Democrat with critical thinking skills!!!!!! 

I really think I'd vote for him for POTUS. 

Seriously.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3  Snuffy    3 years ago

The bill has not been written, the CBO has not graded it, and the Senate Parliamentarian has not reviewed to see what can be allowed by Senate rules in a reconciliation bill;  yet the progressives want to hold a vote on it.  I saw one article that stated there are some Democrats that want a vote on this "framework" this week.  Damn...  I truly hate how messed up Washington has gotten.  We watch Washington politicians march to the sound of "Party Above All"...

And we get one or two politicians who want to take a step back and review what's in the bill before they vote on it and we get the same partisan crap from those on this board.  All I can ask is that people take a step back from their partisan bullshit and think for themselves a bit more. We will never get our country back if we continue to allow partisan rhetoric to overshadow cognizant thought.