╌>

'The incident went viral, that's what cost my job': Amazon worker fired after woman spotted leaving back of delivery van in viral TikTok

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  21 comments

By:   Stacy Fernandez (MSN)

'The incident went viral, that's what cost my job': Amazon worker fired after woman spotted leaving back of delivery van in viral TikTok
The Amazon worker who went viral in October after a woman was filmed leaving the back of his truck said the attention the video received got him fired. In a video interview with TMZ, the worker clarified that the woman was his partner. When asked what went down in the minutes before the video started recording, the former Amazon employee said he was "just doing his job." The TikTok became a viral sensation because of the speculation and...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Amazon worker who went viral in October after a woman was filmed leaving the back of his truck said the attention the video received got him fired.

AAPVWtY.img?h=400&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

In a video interview with TMZ, the worker clarified that the woman was his partner. When asked what went down in the minutes before the video started recording, the former Amazon employee said he was "just doing his job."

The TikTok became a viral sensation because of the speculation and resulting innuendos about what exactly the pair were doing in the truck. To date, the video has been viewed more than 11.6 million times on the video-sharing platform.

"It was just a one time incident, but I did what any other man in America would do," he said.

The man said aside from the video's public disturbance, there were no packages reported missing, and nothing was reported stolen.

Commenters who'd originally expressed worry about the driver's job being at risk ended up being right.

"Uploader gets a few likes," one commenter wrote on the clip. "The public blows this out of proportion. The poor fellow gets shamed and cannot support his family anymore. Social media!"

"You can't get away with anything in this century with all the technology lmao," another viewer said at the time. "Dude is definitely getting questioned or getting fired."

The former delivery believes the virality of the video is what got him fired, telling TMZ: "It was just the incident went viral, that's what cost me my job."

"I kind of knew it too once I'd seen the video going viral, once it got a million views on TikTok, I kind of knew it because I know Amazon are strict," he added.

While the consequences came in 2021, the actual video was reportedly originally filmed in July of 2019 in a Florida neighborhood.

It shows a blonde woman wearing a black dress stepping out of the back of the delivery truck. She appears to grab her phone—which was tucked in the top of her shirt—and makes a call as she walks away.

Joking comments on the viral video include:

"So Amazon drivers are the new milk men," one commenter said.

"This why my packages always late," another joked.

"Delivery available in 3-4 business minutes," the Trojan condom brand replied.

The Daily Dot has reached out to Amazon.

The post 'The incident went viral, that's what cost my job': Amazon worker fired after woman spotted leaving back of delivery van in viral TikTok appeared first on The Daily Dot.

Continue ReadingShow full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours. Microsoft and partners may be compensated if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

If he was on his lunch hour, I dont think it should be fire-able.  If he was on the clock he's got a problem.  Many businesses would fire someone who was caught screwing around on company time. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

A driver's truck is essentially their office.  I doubt upper management would be thrilled if a driver was having sex in their "office", free time or not.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1    3 years ago

it was technically still a small package delivery...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @1.1.1    3 years ago

Sounds like you have carnal knowledge .... didn't know you rolled that way ..... not that there is anything wrong with that .......

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1.1    3 years ago

I bet that's true of 1.1.2 regarding package size.  Probably need a magnifying glass.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.2    3 years ago

from the observance of camo'd teabagged trumpsters in michigan, while they group clean their AR's...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @1.1.4    3 years ago

Trump supporters are teabagging you?

Dude, that's your fault.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.5    3 years ago

you read that wrong. [Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @1.1.6    3 years ago

Nah, i was observing that nasty habit you seem to have.   Getting tea-bagged by people you hate.

Very strange.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

the RCC being an exception of course...

devangelical
Professor Principal
2  devangelical    3 years ago

an unscheduled delivery...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @2    3 years ago

Hopefully there won't be an unexpected delivery in a few months....

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    3 years ago

I'm sure they were both professionals...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    3 years ago

What a dumbfuck.

He deserved to get fired.

Hope like hell he isn't able to collect unemployment over this.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    3 years ago

She looked happy, he sounded happy .... i say big whoop as long as he still did his job but careful people.

Big brother is watching ......

zuksam
Junior Silent
4.1  zuksam  replied to  Sparty On @4    3 years ago

He should have had her get in and out by the passenger door, climbing out the back door just looks bad. If he had done it right he would have had plausible deniability, he could have said she needed me to sign something so she met me for lunch and we sat and talked for a few minutes.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

His partner?  How dumb does he think we are?  She was not dressed as a "partner".  She was however dressed for a street corner.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    3 years ago

Meh, even hookers need work.   At least they both showed up.

Honestly, it never ceases to amaze me how puritanical the liberal left can get when they pick and choose.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
5.1.1  goose is back  replied to  Sparty On @5.1    3 years ago
Meh, even hookers need work.   At least they both showed up.

She'll probably sue ol Jeffy for a couple mill claiming emotional distress and no longer able to per her job.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  goose is back @5.1.1    3 years ago

Maybe Jeff will put her on retainer.   I hear he's single now ...............

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    3 years ago

"Meh, even hookers need work."

Sounds like you have carnal knowledge ....