╌>

Democrat wants employers to let black workers take day off after Rittenhouse verdict | Washington Examiner

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  3 years ago  •  15 comments

By:   cwtremo (Washington Examiner)

Democrat wants employers to let black workers take day off after Rittenhouse verdict | Washington Examiner
File this under "Truth is stranger than fiction." We have now reached a point where Democrats are calling for black workers to receive time off work because of the verdict in a case where white people were killed by a white person.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

File this under "Truth is stranger than fiction." We have now reached a point where Democrats are calling for black workers to receive time off work because of the verdict in a case where white people were killed by a white person.

Gregory McKelvey, vice chairman of the Oregon Democrats Black Caucus and host of the podcast Your Neighborhood Black Friends, thinks employers should give black employees "a day or two off" after the Rittenhouse verdict is announced.

This is not wokeness. This is just stupid. It's almost insulting to blacks.

"Employers, consider giving your Black employees a day or two off after the Rittenhouse verdict," McKelvey tweeted . "Regardless of the outcome, it's going to be hard for Black people to work and it isn't fair to expect them to."

In the Rittenhouse trial, the accused is not black. The victims are not black. The lawyers are not black. The judge is not black.

It is hogwash to assert that the trial or verdict has any meaningful effect on the black community. And I am guessing that, outside the fever swamps of cable news, the overwhelming majority of black people do not even care about the trial or its outcome.

Only in America can you find a person who feels the black community is so traumatized by a white teenager shooting white people in self-defense that they need mental health days off from work.

This epitomizes the lazy, fragile, cowardly, race-obsessed sycophancy of the Democratic Party. They pretend to care about and help the black community, but their actions do irreparable harm.

Several black Republicans took issue with McKelvey's statement. Former California gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder found the statement nonsensical and hypocritical. "How many white people were given the day off after a jury allowed double murderer O.J. Simpson to walk?" Elder told me.

YG Nyghtstorm , the Godchild of Dr. Alveda King and candidate for Georgia's 7th Congressional District, was also very critical of the tweet.

"So a white kid that defends himself from other white people attacking him from other white people is somehow white supremacy," Nyghtstorm said. "This is ridiculous, and to say that black people are too emotionally weak where we cannot go to work due to his verdict is just plain stupid. I've seen racism, and this ain't it."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

Just had to post this.

Unfortunately, it is true.

Way to go, Democrats!!

You are truly woke!!!!

LMMFAO!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

What does race have to do with Rittenhouse?

They must really think everyone is stupid.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    3 years ago
They must really think everyone is stupid.

Intended for their base I imagine.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.1    3 years ago

Always!

How did Frankie Lane sing it.....Keep them dogies movin'.....Don't try and understand them....Just rope, tie and brand em!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

It's almost insulting to blacks.

It's incredibly insulting to blacks. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3  Sunshine    3 years ago

Too bad we don't have a shortage of race baiters.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 years ago

You can't make up this level of stupidity.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4    3 years ago

[deleted

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    3 years ago

And exactly where have I done this?  I've ask you several times to provide information that I'm making things up.  You ghosted me faster than a Democrat at the border.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.1    3 years ago

Everywhere!  No need to prove that you're making shit up as you go along.  It's obvious.  

It's funny you submitted a friend request to me.  NOT INTERESTED!  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.2    3 years ago
Everywhere!  No need to prove that you're making shit up as you go along.  It's obvious

Everywhere?  Looking back, at my comments and your lack of proof kind of tells a different story. But lets not get fact get in the way of your delusions.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    3 years ago

You've never allowed facts to get in the way of your delusions.  You've never provided any.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5    3 years ago
You've never allowed facts to get in the way of your delusions.  You've never provided any.

Stay on topic, please.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6  Just Jim NC TttH    3 years ago

I don't get it either. Sure it was a BLM sort of "protest" but why are they so pissed? That's almost a rhetorical question but holy shit. The actions that night had NOTHING to do with anything black lives. Maybe it's the fact that the protest got second fiddle attention due to Rittenhouse's actions? That's bullshit.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6    3 years ago

This may be nothing more than another example of the bigotry of low expectations.