╌>

Walmart CEO Applauds Biden For Fixing Supply Chain

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  17 comments

Walmart U.S. CEO Doug McMillon actually gave credit to the Biden administration for working in concert with private industry to help elevate the issues.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Bloomberg News and the   Wall Street Journal are reporting   that problems with the supply chain are easing up.

On MSNBC earlier, Walmart U.S. CEO Doug McMillon actually gave credit to the Biden administration for working in concert with private industry to help elevate the issues.

In response to Stephanie Ruhle's question about supply chain issues, Furner said, "Well, the combination of private enterprise and government working together has been really successful."

"We've had a lot of participation -- been able to participate in solving some these congestion issues,   so I would like to give the administration credit for helping do things like get the ports open 24 hours a day. To open up some of the trucking lines, when the container ships are put onto small trailers and moved off the port. And then all the way through the supply chain there's been a lot of innovation. "

That's not the type of information you're likely to hear on Fox News and most right-wing outlets who are using the pandemic and the problems associated with it to club the Biden administration over the head on every front imaginable.

It turns out Biden has been quite effective, even if the wingers won't say so.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Lets see if the mainstream media starts to pick up this theme. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Lol.. 

Monday= There's nothing Biden can do to fix the supply chain.

Tuesday= Things have improved? Credit Biden!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1    3 years ago

Monday= There's nothing Biden can do to fix the supply chain.

Tuesday= Things have improved? Credit Biden!

Sunday = We never heard the term "supply chain" under Trump.

3b794e9fcdb11edb54e36ab59cc18b53.jpeg

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.1    3 years ago

Other than toilet paper, why would we?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.2    3 years ago

Other than toilet paper, why would we?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

donald-trump-holding-victory-gestures-republican-elephant-pose-see-speak-hear-no-evil-postures-71752721.jpg

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1    3 years ago

Lol .... the world according to Biden

Good news = I did that

Bad news = wasn't me

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.4    3 years ago
Bad news = wasn't me

I believe it was the previous administration that refused to take any responsibility.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.5    3 years ago

Absurd assertions.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.6    3 years ago

Absurd assertions.

LOL!!!  Facts are a bitch aren't they?  Especially when they are recorded on video for all to see.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.5    3 years ago

Yawn .... nothing but useless whataboutism.

SOSDD

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    3 years ago

He didn’t say it was fixed, and it’s not anyway.

I’ll give them credit for working on it, but not for fixing it.

I just waited two weeks for a bag of coffee, and it was the wrong one when I finally got it. I still can’t buy a PlayStation 5. Gas is almost $5/gallon in my neighborhood. I still see blocks of empty spaces on shelves in the supermarket.

Things are better than they were in Spring 2020 (and that’s not the doing of the Biden administration, it has been gradual work from many corners) and I am glad the current administration is trying to help, but nothing is “fixed.”

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3  Nerm_L    3 years ago

Well, I understand the bit about extended dock operation but I don't understand the bit about opening up trucking lines.  Biden publicly pointed fingers at west coast ports but I haven't seen anything about Biden redirecting shipping to other ports, particularly along the Gulf Coast.  Of course, the Panama Canal is a bottleneck that can't be overcome with administrative finagling; some of the container ships won't fit.  The Gulf Coast governors deserve a little credit, too.

Joe Biden deserves some credit.  But mostly Biden has belittled American consumers for being incapable of understanding 'supply chain issues'.  And Doug McMilon's doublespeak praise won't alter pubic opinion.  The public knows when they've been insulted.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @3    3 years ago

There is no redirecting to other ports. you cannot ship from the Pacific to the Atlantic.

Unless like you said to go through Panama. The problem I have heard is todays container ships are too large to fit through the canal.

I have been traveling my state lately and I can say that I have seen more trucks on the road than normal.

Stores already have their xmas decorations out like normal.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Ender @3.1    3 years ago
There is no redirecting to other ports. you cannot ship from the Pacific to the Atlantic.

Three of the top five busiest ports are located on the Gulf Coast.  The busiest US port is located in Louisiana.   

The bulk of US exports are shipped from Gulf Coast and East Coast ports.  Those ports can handle increased volume to address the current bottleneck.

The Panama Canal does handle container ships.  The problem is draft; heavily loaded ships scrape bottom and can't pass through.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @3.1.1    3 years ago

My point being, ports on the East coast or Gulf Coast usually get shipments from Europe whereas ports on the West coast get shipments from China etc.

The port in my state gets shipments of bananas.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ender @3.1.2    3 years ago

Redirecting is so expensive it isnt even worth it. Amazingly ports are coming stricter to meet the needs of their suppliers.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Total communist shit or something.