╌>

Cyber Ninjas, company that led Arizona GOP election 'audit,' is shutting down

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sandy-2021492  •  2 years ago  •  22 comments

By:   Dartunorro Clark (NBC News)

Cyber Ninjas, company that led Arizona GOP election 'audit,' is shutting down
Cyber Ninjas, the company that helped steer an extraordinarily partisan audit of 2020 presidential election ballots in Arizona, is shutting down, a spokesperson told NBC News Thursday.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Jan. 7, 2022, 2:56 AM UTC By Dartunorro Clark

Cyber Ninjas, the company that led a partisan review of 2020 ballots in Arizona, is closing down following a scathing report by election officials and the threat of $50,000 a day in fines.

"Cyber Ninjas is shutting down. All employees have been let go," Rod Thomson, the company's representative, said in a text message Thursday evening.

The Florida-based company, founded in 2013, has less than a dozen employees, according to its LinkedIn page.

A reporter for The Guardian earlier Thursday reported Cyber Ninjas' plans to shut down.

GOP-backed election review confirms Biden won Arizona

Sept. 24, 202103:56

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge John Hannah said he would impose a $50,000 fine against Cyber Ninjas every day until it hands over documents related to the so-called audit after the Arizona Republic newspaper filed a public records request, The Associated Press reported Thursday.

Jack Wilenchik, a lawyer for Cyber Ninjas, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

County election officials released a report Wednesday rebutting almost every claim in the ballot review. It concluded that nearly 80 claims made by Cyber Ninjas were misleading or false.

State Senate Republicans announced the results of their conspiracy-laden audit of the 2020 presidential election results in September. It concluded that President Joe Biden had won 360 more votes than Maricopa County had awarded him in the official count.

"Truth is truth. Numbers are numbers," Arizona Senate President Karen Fann said at a hearing last year on the review of the audit.

State Senate Republicans hired Cyber Ninjas to conduct an election audit of ballots in Maricopa County, the state's most populous county, after Biden flipped the state to blue for the first time in decades — beating former President Donald Trump by more than 10,400 votes.

The ballot review grew out of Republican legislators' efforts to overturn Biden's victory, even as Trump's top cybersecurity official at the time said the election was "the most secure in American history." Then-Attorney General William Barr also said the Justice Department had found no evidence of widespread voter fraud.

Dartunorro Clark

Dartunorro Clark covers politics, including the Covid-19 recovery, for NBC News.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1  seeder  sandy-2021492    2 years ago
State Senate Republicans announced the results of their conspiracy-laden audit of the 2020 presidential election results in September. It concluded that President Joe Biden had won 360 more votes than Maricopa County had awarded him in the official count.

The Big Lie has made fools of quite a few people.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    2 years ago

And still is.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    2 years ago

Cyber Ninjas.  Just another speed bump for the Trump bus.  He's gonna need new shocks.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  Ozzwald  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    2 years ago
He's gonna need new shocks.

He's gonna need new ninjas.

It's amazing how difficult it is to find competent, corrupt, people to do your bidding. 

Thank god he is building his own social media platform to recruit from.  As soon, that is, as he gets through the court battle for stealing the program code for his social media platform....

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3  TᵢG  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    2 years ago

Seems to me that one must be predisposed to be fooled in order to believe the Big Lie.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.3.1  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @1.3    2 years ago

Good point.  The Big Lie has exposed foolishness that was already present.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

All they did was party and half assed tried to do their jobs any way.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    2 years ago

Aww gee that's a shame. I kinda feel sorry for the people that got laid off but they didn't do a very good job anyway

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4  Ozzwald    2 years ago

They had 1 job, and only 1 job.  By hook or by crook, to throw Arizona's election over to Trump.  And not only did they fail to do so, they gave even more votes to Biden.

No democratic run state would ever hire them, and no republican state would trust them.  No point in existing.

evilone
Professor Guide
5  evilone    2 years ago

hmmmm... a partisan hack that got paid millions of dollars to do virtually nothing is hiding documents from a court order? What's he got to hide? I don't think the court should let him off the hook by closing the business. They should put the fucker in jail until the requested documents are produced.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  evilone @5    2 years ago

The really sad part is I had read accounts of this person from people who knew him in the past to be a reasonable IT guy who you would never picture being involved in such nonsense.  This is the effect of social media and the QAnon phenomena.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.1.1  evilone  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1    2 years ago
This is the effect of social media and the QAnon phenomena.

The way people consume information online has had a detrimental effect across the world. Rather than use all the stellar tools available to learn, grow and communicate we instead create confirmation bubbles. The people creating these bubbles are taking advantage of it with passing opinion off as news or producing outright lies like QAnon. Some of it is profit driven and some of it is narcissism. Some of it is both. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2  Ozzwald  replied to  evilone @5    2 years ago

They should put the fucker in jail until the requested documents are produced.

They should also charge him for replacing all the voting machines that had to be decommissioned due to his tampering with them.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.1  evilone  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2    2 years ago
They should also charge him for replacing all the voting machines that had to be decommissioned due to his tampering with them.

They should take that out of the paychecks of those that voted to hire the dumbass in the first place.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
6  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    2 years ago

If it were my company, I would be turning over anything and everything that might help prove Trump's shenanigans.  Besides, I'm sure Trump stiffed them on payment.  They should start a bonfire with the Non-disclosure agreements they were made to sign, and start blabbing.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6    2 years ago

I don't think Trump hired them.  The Arizona state legislature did, I believe.  The taxpayers are on the hook for payment.  If I were an Arizonan, I'd be royally pissed off that my legislators were so criminally stupid.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1    2 years ago

I'm sorry, but AZ is allowing him to host another Big Lie rally this month, so screw them.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.1.2  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.1    2 years ago

I hope they demand payment for extra policing up front.

Trump has cost Arizona a lot of money.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.2    2 years ago

The point is that every state should deny his rallys.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.3    2 years ago

No seditious traitor should be allowed a platform.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

UPDATE - An AZ judge has ruled that if they don't turn over their records, they will be fined $50 grand a day until they do.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     2 years ago

But but the election was stolen, we hear it every day from the asshole currently heading up the republican party. 

Where is Q when you need them./s