╌>

Media, CDC Quietly Admit 3 COVID Truths After 2 Years Of Lies

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  38 comments

By:   Elle Reynolds (The Federalist)

Media, CDC Quietly Admit 3 COVID Truths After 2 Years Of Lies
The COVID bureaucracy preaches lies, censors anyone who challenges the lies, and eventually admits the same truths they previously denounced.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The COVID bureaucracy has spent two years now preaching lies, censoring anyone who challenges the lies, and eventually coming around to admit the same truths they previously denounced.

In the case of masks and vaccines, the flip-flop was even more elaborate: They insisted masks didn't work (when they were scarce) and that the vaccine was suspicious (under Trump), only to spin around and tout both. And now that neither works effectively against the omicron variant, the narrative is falling apart again.

Over the weekend, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky appeared on numerous news shows and bluntly admitted some big truths that critics of COVID mania have been saying all along. Another admission of hers from August resurfaced on social media, after months of the media memory-holing it.

It's about time the COVID bureaucrats come clean — and Walensky's comments don't cover the half of it — but we're old enough to remember what the same group of bullies was saying not too long ago.

How nice for the CDC director to pop by the Sunday shows yesterday and confirm everything that was called a conspiracy theory 3-6 months ago — Amber Athey (@amber_athey) January 10, 2022

1. The 'Vaccine' Doesn't Prevent Transmission

"Our vaccines are working exceptionally well … but what they can't do anymore is prevent transmission," Walensky told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in August, in a clip that made the rounds anew over the weekend.

Alex Berenson was banned for saying the vaccine is better described as a therapeutic, and did not stop the transmission of Covid. Here is CDC director: ‍♂️
pic.twitter.com/PwDwndp6n6
— Cernovich (@Cernovich) January 10, 2022

But that's not the narrative we've been inundated with for the past year. USA Today ran a "fact-check" with the headline "Vaccines protect against contracting, spreading COVID-19" in November 2021, quoting health "experts" who insisted that getting the jab makes people "much less likely to be infected therefore much less likely to spread the virus."

President Joe Biden went even further, claiming in July, "You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations." In October, he said, "We're making sure health care workers are vaccinated because if you seek care at a health care facility, you should have the certainty that the people providing that care are protected from COVID and cannot spread it to you."

He continued to parrot the claim just last month, implying that vaccinated people couldn't spread COVID when he asked, "How about making sure that you're vaccinated so you do not spread the disease to anybody else?"

2. COVID Disproportionately Affects the Vulnerable

In a "Good Morning America" appearance, Walensky admitted that "the overwhelming number of deaths, over 75 percent, occurred in people who had at least four comorbidities." That's what we've been saying all along: that response efforts should focus on protecting vulnerable populations (i.e., not sending COVID-positive patients into nursing homes) and maintaining normal activities for populations that are at low risk (i.e., not shutting down schools for semesters on end).

The CDC director just said over 75% of "covid deaths" occurred in people with at least four comorbidities. Since Biden can't shut down covid, suddenly all this data is getting shared publicly. pic.twitter.com/NKvproy3lx — Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) January 10, 2022

But it was Walensky herself who confessed last February that the CDC's guidelines for reopening schools were influenced by the vehemently anti-in-person-learning teachers unions, which Walensky admitted resulted in "direct changes to the guidance." Emails uncovered in September further showed that the CDC had changed its school masking policy under pressure from the National Education Association, the nation's largest teachers union.

And it was the coalition of power-hungry lockdown advocates and fawning media who put disgraced former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on a pedestal, despite his decision to force COVID-positive patients into nursing homes, causing thousands of unnecessary deaths among the most vulnerable.

This coalition also worked with the CDC to push months of lockdowns, business closures, mask mandates, travel restrictions, and now vaccine mandates on Americans, despite the fact that the average healthy American is at low risk of dying from COVID.

3. Deaths from and with COVID Aren't the Same Thing

"How many of the 836,000 deaths in the U.S. linked to COVID are from COVID or how many are with COVID?" Fox News's Bret Baier asked Walensky on Sunday. "Those data will be forthcoming," Walensky promised, acknowledging the distinction Baier pointed out.

Asked "how many of the 836,000 deaths in the U.S. linked to Covid are FROM Covid or how many are WITH Covid," CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky says "those data will be forthcoming." pic.twitter.com/JVcFk3aunc — RNC Research (@RNCResearch) January 9, 2022

But a bureaucracy that was intent on maximizing COVID panic (and death counts) to undermine Trump and stir the popularity of tyrannical policies wasn't so keen on admitting this distinction in the past.

In Washington state, for example, a May 2020 report found that the state's health department was "overreporting COVID-19 cases by up to 13 percent by counting anyone who 'tests positive for COVID-19 and subsequently dies' as a coronavirus death." A subsequent investigation found that Washington health officials appeared to be doing it again in December of the same year.

In Colorado, gunshot victims were also counted among COVID death tallies if the victims had "tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 30 days." And local authorities in Florida counted a man who died in a motorcycle crash as a COVID victim in July 2020. But that didn't stop media outlets and bureaucrats like Dr. Anthony Fauci from using inflated death tolls to stoke fear and panic as justification for more restrictions and mandates.

What COVID factoid — that anti-lockdowners have been insisting all along — will Walensky and the CDC admit next? Who knows.

But it's safe to say there won't be any apologies or honest acknowledgments of error. There weren't with masks, the ineffectiveness of lockdowns, vaccines, the lab leak theory, or schools, after all. Instead, you can expect them to use half-truths and flat-out lies to try convincing you they've never been wrong — all evidence to the contrary.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Now it's on record!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Good, maybe now they will go back and change my BIL's death cert to DIED FROM COVID after being sent home from the COVID ward in AZ

instead of natural causes...../s

Dito my Ex in NC, the coroner said if she didn't die in a COVID ward the death was natural.

Not so my Aunt in PA where COVID is listed as a mitigating factor.

So red states under report and Blue states tell the truth?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @1.1    2 years ago
So red states under report and Blue states tell the truth?

Ask Andrew Cuomo.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

Touche', ask Governor DeathSantis of FL.

This is exactly why the CDC now uses mortality rates over previous baselines.

to determine the extent of the damage.

Can't trust people to do their jobs without partisanship.

End result is still 831,000 souls who died prematurely from the effects of a virus.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.2    2 years ago

We couldn't even trust some to protect the most vulnerable.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    2 years ago

yup, the 6 month domino effect of misinformation from trump and his anti-science lackeys did take a toll...

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1.5  shona1  replied to  Split Personality @1.1    2 years ago

Morning Split... sorry you have lost that many people in your family group...

Will get that way no one will be untouched by family or friends who have passed away from this virus...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  shona1 @1.1.5    2 years ago

Thank you shona,

yet there are some here who think it's a hoax or grossly exaggerated

because it hasn't touched their family directly.

smh.

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1.7  shona1  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.6    2 years ago

Well you can't fix stupid...

But the virus can and does...

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Kavika   replied to  Split Personality @1.1.2    2 years ago

DeSantis let one million covid test kits expire at the end of December when Florida is desperate for them.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.9  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @1.1.8    2 years ago

I saw that.  The other candidate made it public and DeSantis got permission to use them for up to 3months beyond the expiration dates in December

but then decided that might cause too many false results....

Better to use no bullets rather than some that might have gotten wet

when your life depends on it /s

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Kavika   replied to  Split Personality @1.1.9    2 years ago

It was exposed a week before and the administration denied it, but then had to fess up to the fuck up.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Yes it is!  Those saying the truth earlier were publicly figuratively crucified for say these truths from May 2020 to now.  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2  Jack_TX    2 years ago
Walensky admitted that "the overwhelming number of deaths, over 75 percent, occurred in people who had at least four comorbidities."

That's an interesting statistic.  I didn't realize it was four.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Jack_TX @2    2 years ago

e overwhelming number of deaths, over 75 percent, occurred in people who had at least four comorbidities."

That's of the 30 odd people who've died after being vaccinated. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2  bbl-1  replied to  Jack_TX @2    2 years ago

Hell, half the population has a comorbiditie or two before they walk in the door.

Example:  A patient with a heart condition has a worse chance of surviving severe pneumonia than a patient without a heart condition.  So one could say the pneumonia was a contributing factor in the not desired outcome.  It just makes sense, right?  Or no?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  Jack_TX  replied to  bbl-1 @2.2    2 years ago
It just makes sense, right?  Or no?

I get how comorbidities work.

I just didn't realize the Covid deaths were so concentrated.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  bbl-1  replied to  Jack_TX @2.2.1    2 years ago

I too am confused about many things concerning this virus.  I've lost two friends to it.  One was 72 and another was 45.  I do not want this thing.  I'm vaccinated and boosted by the local VA.  Also had the Flu shot.  

I'm in the camp where I'll trust the doctors before I trust Tucker or Sarah Palin.  That is it.  Done and done.  

Voted you up.  It is good to think.  It is also good to question.  But thinking and reason almost always leads to the right path.  Hell, everything is a crap shoot.  We both know that, right?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  Jack_TX  replied to  bbl-1 @2.2.2    2 years ago
I'm in the camp where I'll trust the doctors before I trust Tucker or Sarah Palin.  That is it.  Done and done.

Well yeah. I think the vast majority of people are like that.    

Voted you up.  It is good to think.  It is also good to question.  But thinking and reason almost always leads to the right path.  Hell, everything is a crap shoot.  We both know that, right?

Absolutely.

I think if we could get people to calm down a bit, we might see a bit more common sense at work.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2.4  bbl-1  replied to  Jack_TX @2.2.3    2 years ago

Well said.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Jack_TX @2    2 years ago

Everyone over 65 who is overweight has 3 strikes already.

Seems easy to hit 4 or more.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3  Nowhere Man    2 years ago

It's always been on record for me, we were the first to break the overreporting issue, Colorado was next and they forced the Governor of Colorado to publicly apologies for it... Tried to get Inslee to come clean, no he doubled down... In our case it was closer to 14% overreported, 13.9% or something like that...  And they were caught doing it a second time...

I haven't believed anything they have said since.... Gotta remember Govenuer Inslee likes to call himself the "Data Daddy", but to go along with it he is unofficially known around here as the Falsity Father as well... Lost all respect for the UDub medical center as well, they are doing the "Projections" the governuer relied on that showed we should all kiss our collective asses good by... And are usually standing with him when he puts forth his lies...

Is there any explanation needed on why my physician says it's a political fraud?  Here you can lose your license for, as they put it, spreading Covid-19 "Misinformation"

Tow the CDC/government party line or we destroy you...

The Govenuer, Inslee, has also made a proposal that spreading misinformation about an election should be a prosecutable crime...

Tell me we are not in the middle of a liberal assault on free speech? 

And as far as the hate trump and all who oppose us are trumpster comments we get on the board here being political in nature and just a repetition of what their political leaders are saying? How about our wonderful Governuer... {chuckle}

Is there really any wonder where they (the liberals) are getting their spiels from?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    2 years ago

We have enough troubles with accurate and honest information. But even the arguments about the communication - the meta discussion, if you will - are inaccurate or dishonest.

Examples:

The COVID bureaucracy has spent two years now preaching lies, censoring anyone who challenges the lies

OK to be fair, if by “COVID Bureaucracy” they mean the government, I don’t think they have censored anyone. However, social media platforms, which are private companies have absolutely censored people.

1. The 'Vaccine' Doesn't Prevent Transmission

Politicians - be they Trump, Biden, or whomever - should be a lot more careful about the things they say. But the science experts have never said that the vaccines prevent either infection or transmission to the level of 100%. It should be pretty common knowledge by now that the vaccines have becomes increasingly less effective with each new variant, and this is something was predicted from the beginning. So as scientists, over time, make comments about vaccines being less effective, that is not an admission of a lie. It reflects the reality that people actually expected.

2. COVID Disproportionately Affects The Vulnerable

We have known all along that Covid hits people with comorbidities (including old age) the hardest. But knowing this is not a reason to not try to stop transmission by shutting down businesses or schools. There does seem to be an attitude among some that is basically “fuck the people with comorbidities. If they’re scared, they should stay home.” That is not an attitude I would be too proud of having.

3. Deaths From And With COVID Aren't The Same Thing

This is also a problem that has been there all along. We experienced this last year, when my Father in law died at 88. Officially, he died of heart failure, but that was only a few months after he got Covid, and he had been in pretty good health before that. Technically, he was not a Covid death, but the family feels differently.

It’s possible to argue that numbers are being fudged or inflated, but I think it’s less easy to say that this is happening because of a political agenda in every case. This is the kind of thing where I think we might benefit from a national standard.

and that the vaccine was suspicious (under Trump),

This one was handled delicately so as to cover their butts, I think. I’m not sure of anyone who came out and said they wouldn’t trust the vaccine if it were tested and approved using the normal procedures of the FDA and CDC. They didn’t mind attacking the director of the CDC, but attacking the whole system was never going to fly. But it also allowed them to say they were never anti-vax after the election and after the approval. 

What they said was they wouldn’t take it if Trump approved it.

This was very cagey. Of course Trump wouldn’t be approving anything and they all knew it. But they went about pretending that he  might declare the vaccines to be approved on his own authority. This was all part of the election year strategy of defeating Trump on his handling of the pandemic. That is: not only did he downplay the virus (even though some Democrats did, too) but any vaccine or treatment he might endorse, a person would have to be insane to take it.

The reality, though, was always that no vaccine would be distributed without proper approval. But the Democrats in 2020 would never say so.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

l9ZkVNYF?format=jpg&name=small

[WASHINGTON, D.C. – Jan. 10, 2022] Project Veritas has obtained startling never-before-seen documents regarding the origins of COVID-19, gain of function research, vaccines, potential treatments which have been suppressed, and the government’s effort to conceal all of this.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

This past Sunday CDC Director Rochelle Walensky tried to avoid every question from Bret Baier:

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

CNN's Jake Tapper rips into "misleading" COVID hospitalization numbers. "We're 2 years into this ... if somebody's in the hospital with a broken leg and they also have asymptomatic COVID, that should not be counted as hospitalized with covid, clearly."

Two years too late Jake!

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
7.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago

What's happening here is the Media is beginning to see that the "BIG LIE" (the covid lie) is getting so big that the facts coming out are showing it plainly as a political manipulation... They now have to start reporting on it other wise they risk losing ALL credibility... (like they had any in the first place)

But of course they are also going to soft pedal it so they can claim that they were reporting it as well...

Jake Tapper is just the point man in the coming media circle jerk..

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nowhere Man @7.1    2 years ago

We may have finally got a morsel of truth from the acting FDA Director, Janet Woodcock. Yesterday she said most of us will get the Omicron variant.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
7.1.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    2 years ago
Yesterday she said most of us will get the Omicron variant.

We predicted this in general about 18 months ago, I wonder what took them so long....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

BBC: Government study finds schools mandating masks had no statistical benefit; "94% of school leaders and teachers saying [masks] made communication between teachers and pupils more difficult. Some 80% of pupils also said it made communication harder”

https:// bbc.com/news/health-59 895934

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
9  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
10  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
11  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12  Greg Jones    2 years ago

stg011122dAPR20220111014517.jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @12    2 years ago

Well done Greg. The AMA agrees.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

FI7OMEkVUAA4wsL?format=jpg&name=small

https:// telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/1 1/scientists-believed-covid-leaked-wuhan-lab-feared-debate-could/

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @13    2 years ago

Fauci and Collins acting as politicians, and not scientists. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @13.1    2 years ago

They must have missed class when professional ethics was taught.