╌>

Psyched: 1-Canada's Access To Psychedelic Medicines, Psilocybin No Cognitive Side Effects 2-Psilocybin Bill Washington

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  2 years ago  •  8 comments

By:   by Natan Ponieman

Psyched: 1-Canada's Access To Psychedelic Medicines, Psilocybin No Cognitive Side Effects 2-Psilocybin Bill Washington
In a groundbreaking decision, the Canadian government is changing the way patients can access psychedelic therapies with restricted drugs, including MDMA and psilocybin.-

Full Disclosure: I own shares of MNMD, one of several companies researching the legitimate use of psychedlics for medicinal purposes.

Disclaimer: Nothing in this seed is to be considered as advice to buy or sell any stock. Investing in the stock market may result in the loss of some or all of your invested capital.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Canada Opens New Legal Pathways For Access To Treatment With Psilocybin And MDMA

In a groundbreaking decision,the Canadian government is  changing the way patients can access psychedelic therapies  with restricted drugs ,  including MDMA and psilocybin.

Through an amendment to federal regulations, Health Canada is now allowing physicians to request access to restricted drugs on behalf of patients through the Special Access Program(SAP) ,  a program meant to streamline access to special treatments for patients with serious or life-threatening conditions in instances where other therapies have failed or are unsuitable.

While the official communication made sure to note that “this regulatory change will not result in large-scale authorization for access to restricted drugs,” the event can be seen as an official acknowledgment of MDMA and psilocybin’s therapeutic potential and eventually lead to further decriminalization measures.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

New Bill Introduced In Washington State Would Legalize Psilocybin

Lawmakers in Washington State  introduced a bill  that would create a state-licensed program to provide medical treatment with psilocybin, the active compound in magic mushrooms.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

In a groundbreaking decision,the Canadian government is   changing the way patients can access psychedelic therapies   with restricted drugs  ,   including MDMA and psilocybin.

Through an amendment to federal regulations, Health Canada is now allowing physicians to request access to restricted drugs on behalf of patients through the Special Access Program(SAP)  ,   a program meant to streamline access to special treatments for patients with serious or life-threatening conditions in instances where other therapies have failed or are unsuitable.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

New Bill Introduced In Washington State Would Legalize Psilocybin

Lawmakers in Washington State   introduced a bill   that would create a state-licensed program to provide medical treatment with psilocybin, the active compound in magic mushrooms.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

In order to legalize "recreational drugs" for medical purposes, two things have to happen:

1. The drug has to be shown to have medical benefits.

2. It has to be used in a form that is safe. (It had been known for a while that Marijuana had some positive effect but it made people high...(the THC).So until a form that had the benefits and did not make people high (CBD was discovered), it was impractical for medical use.

Psychedics are a step behind Cannabis-- they are finding it has legitimate medical benefits, but so far they haven't yet created a form that doesn't get people high. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Krishna @3    2 years ago

Getting high and tripping are two different things.  I doubt they can take the tripping out of the shroom.  Best of luck though.  On a side note I miss tripping.  I’m too old and have too much responsibility to trip now.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

I think I was born too soon.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    2 years ago

Weren't we all! jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
5  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

"Mr. Wonderful" (Kevin O"Leary) was an early investor in Psychedelic medicine (but not in Cannabis):

He explains why:

Why Kevin O'Leary Chose Psychedelics Over Cannabis | MindMed (MNMD) & COMPASS Pathways (CMPS)

Buzz: I don't know if you can see that video on a Chinese video site...but you can try searching for it by title.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5    2 years ago

I got him talking about watches, and hedge funds, but not about psychedelics.