╌>

Rep. Stefanik claps back after Biden questions what GOP 'is for': Republicans are 'for the Constitution'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  2 years ago  •  84 comments

By:   Angelica Stabile

Rep. Stefanik claps back after Biden questions what GOP 'is for': Republicans are 'for the Constitution'
"What are Republicans for?" "Let me tell you what we are for," she said. "We are for the Constitution. We are for lower taxes. We are for balanced budgets. We are for peace through strength and a strong military, not this weakness that Joe Biden has shown and is showing now."

House Democrats

421jx8.jpg

A timely message to let voters know what we are for and that we respect and love the founding documents of the exceptional 1776 American nation.  

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Republican conference chair argues Biden has allowed his agenda to be yanked left

Republican Conference chair Rep. Elise Stefanik , R-N.Y., hit back at President Biden on " Fox & Friends ," providing an answer to his question during Wednesday night’s news conference where he asked, "What are Republicans for?"

"Let me tell you what we are for," she said. "We are for the Constitution. We are for lower taxes. We are for balanced budgets. We are for peace through strength and a strong military, not this weakness that Joe Biden has shown and is showing now."

BIDEN'S PRESS CONFEREENCE GETS PANNED BY CRITICS: ‘TOTAL DISASTER’

The president claimed that five GOP senators have admitted to being in support of his agenda but refuse to back it to avoid defeat in their primary elections. Stefanik argued that this is plainly untrue since even members of his own party oppose some of his policies.

joe-biden-press-conference-11922.-7.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

U.S. President Joe Biden holds a formal news conference in the East Room of the White House, in Washington, D.C., U.S., January 19, 2022. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

"Republicans across the country oppose Joe Biden’s agenda," she said. "But what’s more telling is the reason why his agenda has been torpedoed this past week is because Democrats in his own party oppose his agenda which has moved so far to the left."

Stefanik listed how not only did the president give a green light for Russia to attack Ukraine, which she considered an "attack on an ally" no matter the scale, but it’s also become "clear" that the Democrat agenda is "out of touch" with hardworking Americans.

"We have crisis after crisis one year into Joe Biden’s presidency," she said. "And there is a reason why his approval rating has fallen farther and faster than any other president in our nation’s history."

Elise-Stefanik-House-Republican-Endorsements.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Republican conference chair Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., speaks with reporters during a news conference on Capitol Hill, Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2021, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

The American people have grown more and more frustrated with Biden’s plan to deploy massive spending and higher taxes, Stefanik explained, as the country still struggles to escape the coronavirus pandemic. 

The president has also been scorned for leaning left of center after campaigning as a moderate and a unifier.

"The reality is the far left has control of the agenda and he has allowed that to happen," she said. "He has allowed the AOC’s, the Bernie Sanders’ to pull his agenda so far to the left. Again, the proof is in the polling."

Biden-AP-4.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

President Joe Biden speaks about the evacuation of American citizens, their families, SIV applicants and vulnerable Afghans in the East Room of the White House, Friday, Aug. 20, 2021, in Washington. Vice President Kamala Harris listens at left. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)

Stefanik said the GOP will work hard to earn the support of the American people moving into November in order to be a "check on this reckless, reckless administration."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    2 years ago
it’s also become "clear" that the Democrat agenda is "out of touch" with hardworking Americans.

"We have crisis after crisis one year into Joe Biden’s presidency," she said. "And there is a reason why his approval rating has fallen farther and faster than any other president in our nation’s history."

The American people have grown more and more frustrated with Biden’s plan to deploy massive spending and higher taxes, Stefanik explained, as the country still struggles to escape the coronavirus pandemic. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    2 years ago
The president has also been scorned for leaning left of center after campaigning as a moderate and a unifier. "The reality is the far left has control of the agenda and he has allowed that to happen," she said. "He has allowed the AOC’s, the Bernie Sanders’ to pull his agenda so far to the left. Again, the proof is in the polling."

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    2 years ago

At what point do far right wing fascists stop telling lies about rational liberals?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @1.1.1    2 years ago

You speak of a non existent group of people.  It’s impossible to lie about a group of people that don’t and never have existed.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    2 years ago

421jx8.jpg

What was legal and constitutional about Trump trying to steal the election ? 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago
What was legal and constitutional about Trump trying to steal the election ? 

The same thing as when the Democrats tried it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1    2 years ago

Please tell us when the democrats tried to do what Trump has been doing for the past 14 1/2 months . 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    2 years ago

How quickly you forgot about the Democrat ran Meuller "Investigation".  4 years of digging looking for something, ANYTHING a duly elected president did wrong based on falsified documents (sorry "opposition research").

All that to come up empty.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.2    2 years ago

First of all, the democrats didnt run the Mueller investigation. Secondly, the mueller investigation was not connected to any stealing of an election, and thirdly, the US Senate (Republican led) said Trumps campaign had inappropriate interactions with Russians. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    2 years ago

I told you that certain members just make shit up as they go along.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    2 years ago
First of all, the democrats didnt run the Mueller investigation.  Secondly, the mueller investigation was not connected to any stealing of an election

Keep telling yourself that.  Remember it was based on the babbleing of Clinton when she lost then the "Steele Dossier" was used as justification.  

the US Senate (Republican led) said Trumps campaign had inappropriate interactions with Russians.

And exactly were these "inappropriate interactions"?  Wasn't collusion.  That's not even a crime under USC.  It's also ironic that Meuller come up empty with any chargeable offenses.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.4    2 years ago

Nowhere man failed to point out any actual instances of me being intolerant

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.6    2 years ago

He didn’t fail at making his point.  It’s all mentioned in the locked 2.2 thread.  It was locked 4 hours before you came back for more here.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.7    2 years ago

Yes, he failed miserably, as usual.  

I came back later because I have a life outside of NT - to comment on the FACT that nowhere man did not point out any actual instances of me being intolerant.  I didn't want him to believe, or you, that you can say whatever you want, when it's not true, and I refuse to let anyone have the last word when they lie.  

I HAVE NOT SHOWN INTOLERANCE.

PERIOD.

END OF STORY.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.8    2 years ago

This coming from the most intolerant people on the planet...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @2.1.9    2 years ago

There is no more intolerant collection of people than bi coastal secular progressive urban elites and their limousine liberal friends.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.1.11  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.8    2 years ago
Yes, he failed miserably, as usual.  

I came back later because I have a life outside of NT - to comment on the FACT that nowhere man did not point out any actual instances of me being intolerant.  I didn't want him to believe, or you, that you can say whatever you want, when it's not true, and I refuse to let anyone have the last word when they lie.  

I HAVE NOT SHOWN INTOLERANCE.

PERIOD.

END OF STORY.

Ahh, my one person fan club.... A perfect example of trying to tell a lie over and over hoping someone will believe it... {chuckle}

(psst: It's also a perfect example of intolerance)

Like all fans, eventually she will start throwing panties, that's when I will have a real problem... {chuckle}

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.1.12  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.6    2 years ago
Nowhere man failed to point out any actual instances of me being intolerant

The funniest thing is, you keep posting demonstrations of intolerance trying to insist you aren't... the original claim was intolerance demonstrates lack of education... you are really trying to cement that notion as fact aren't you...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.13  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.1.11    2 years ago

We should feel so proud to share this person as part of our fan clubs here

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

The election was in fact stolen. It was the attempt to stop the steal that unfortunately for we the people was not successful.  Now we have let’s go Brandon effing everything up for us all.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2    2 years ago

PROVE IT.

You can't.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2    2 years ago

I just posted a seed that goes into great deal about TRUMPS attempts to steal the election. Go educate yourself so you dont sound so phenomenally ignorant. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.2    2 years ago

271550717_6698101910264031_6424851690395681948_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=_j4EZTC3pVsAX_vyTDK&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT9V14qEIIPiZoI8ocGYIO_lfFlFDTPqCbWQLywvg2PA6Q&oe=61EEE811

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.1    2 years ago

The evidence is slowly trickling in and when it’s all put together it will be a very solid case 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2    2 years ago
The election was in fact stolen.

You know what they call a supposed "fact" that not only has zero corroborating evidence but mountains of evidence to the contrary right? It's called a lie. And those who keep repeating the lie are called liars. Dirty, vile, disgusting, deplorable, pond scum liars.

It was the attempt to stop the steal that unfortunately for we the people was not successful.

That is what patriotic Americans would call seditionist sympathizing.

Now we have let’s go Brandon effing everything up for us all.

Isn't that what you've been praying for since Biden won? All the right wing conservatives have been begging for since January has been for Biden to fail, for a crippled economy, for broken promises, and they've done everything they can to make sure that happens because that's what seditionist sympathizers do when their initial plan to overthrow the actual elected constitutional government of the United States fails. They cheered when things went off the rails as Biden followed through on Trumps Afghanistan withdrawal plan. They danced in the streets when Russia started massing troops at the Ukrainian border.

They celebrated as the supply chain backups started to effect American consumers. Right wing conservatives are gleefully celebrating every possible failure as a conservative success because they are counting on that to get them back in power. Of course they did nothing but fuck up, start unnecessary wars, crash the housing market, pass tax cuts for the very wealthy and corporations and get us even deeper in debt when they were in power over the last six Republican Presidents but they seem certain that the American people will blame Democrats just enough this time to get them back in power and they are giddy.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.3    2 years ago

It is the Sanders/AOC wing of the democrat party that is intolerant here.  Their intolerance over a Republican expressing solidarity with the United States Constitution that has the LWNJ democrat establishment so completely unhinged.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.5    2 years ago
"What are Republicans for?" "Let me tell you what we are for," she said. "We are for the Constitution. We are for lower taxes. We are for balanced budgets. We are for peace through strength and a strong military, not this weakness that Joe Biden has shown and is showing now."

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.2.8  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.3    2 years ago

Then why are you guys so damned intolerant? you complaining about the quality of your education now?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.2.8    2 years ago

[deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.10  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.7    2 years ago
"We are for the Constitution."

That's clearly not the case considering the right wing conservative attempt to stop the constitutional duty of elected congressmen and Senators from certifying a free and fair election result.

"We are for lower taxes."

For the wealthy and corporations. The little tax cut "carrot" for low and middle income earners expires in 2025 while the cuts for corporations and the rich keep on indefinitely.

"We are for balanced budgets."

Which is why Trump added over $8 trillion to the national debt in only 4 years?

"We are for peace through strength and a strong military, not this weakness that Joe Biden has shown and is showing now."

Oh, so our military somehow just becomes "weak" as soon as a Democrat is elected? What kind of nonsense is that. Our military has been the strongest on the planet for the last several decades regardless of what party the President happens to be. The men and women in our armed forces who keep us safe are of every political stripe and do not shift allegiance or willingness to sacrifice just because of the Presidents political party affiliation. It's shameful that such sad bitter right wing conservative losers angry that they lost an election would mock and deride our military simply because the President is not of the political party they prefer.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.4    2 years ago

What evidence?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.2.8    2 years ago

How am I intolerant?

You need to read it again and comprehend it.

{chuckle}

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.6    2 years ago

They wipe their corrupt asses with the Constitution.

They are for themselves only, no one else.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.2.14  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.12    2 years ago
How am I intolerant?

Oh lets see...

There's more but I would have to go to other threads in other articles, which I think is considered a CoC violation of some type....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.15  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.2.8    2 years ago

I'm talking about the obvious lack of education of certain folks - and their intolerance.  If you comprehended the quote you might realize that, you being such a humble guy and all that.

{chuckle}

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.2.16  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.15    2 years ago

I comprehended the quote quite well and accurately, and I think you applied it effectively,  but since you obviously didn't comprehend the irony I was just surprised you would post it.. one of those pot vs kettle things you know...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.2.14    2 years ago

That's ignorant.  My comments regarding public figures does not demonstrate intolerance.  So buzz off.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.2.18  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.17    2 years ago
So buzz off.  

Thank you for the acknowledgement... {chuckle}

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.19  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.4    2 years ago

[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.20  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.2.16    2 years ago

That's your usual agnorance shining through.  Such ignorance.  Such arrogance.  
It's not a case of pot vs kettle but I know that's all you alleged conservatives have is projection, deflection and denial.

You may have the last word, for now.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.2.21  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.17    2 years ago
That's ignorant.  My comments regarding public figures does not demonstrate intolerance.

From comment 2.1.4

I told you that certain members just make shit up as they go along.  

Who's that public figure your talking about?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.2.22  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.20    2 years ago
That's your usual agnorance shining through.  Such ignorance.  Such arrogance.  It's not a case of pot vs kettle but I know that's all you alleged conservatives have is projection, deflection and denial. You may have the last word, for now.  

well thank you for all your tolerance demonstrated here, I'll sleep better at night knowing you allowed me such.. /NOT!

{chuckle} have you ever written comedy before? you could make a good career at it...

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.23  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.12    2 years ago
How am I intolerant?

Can't believe you typed that with a straight face.

Have you ever read some of the PNs you send to some of us conservatives?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.24  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.2.21    2 years ago

What's intolerant about pointing out ignorance?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.26  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.2.22    2 years ago

I'm intolerant of ignorance - so you're right about one thing.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.27  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.2.21    2 years ago

That comment is not intolerant.  It's just pointing out ignorance. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.28  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.2.8    2 years ago

It never hurts to question the quality of bi coastal secular progressive urban elites education….

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.29  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.26    2 years ago

Why'd you delete your comment calling  a member a cockroach?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.30  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.12    2 years ago

Nah, never mind.  Too numerous to go into detail here.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.31  bugsy  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.29    2 years ago

Damn I thought she used that word exclusively only to me. Now I'm jealous.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.32  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.30    2 years ago

Ya got nothing.  As usual.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.2.33  charger 383  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.32    2 years ago

Comment section 2.2 is locked, charger

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

Nothing.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Elise Stefanik is a proud trumpster. Her credibility is zero. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

trumpturd ass kisser/dick ...... Stefanik.  No trumpturd supporter has any credibility.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    2 years ago

It seems that many progressives are just as misogynistic regarding conservative women as they are racist toward conservative POC. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

She's got more credibility than all 7 of those dopey Dems put together.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    2 years ago

Nope.  No trump dick ....... has any credibility.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    2 years ago

That’s for sure!  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

It is Let’s go Brandon’s credibility that is zero.  

Full of Bull

Michael RamirezJanuary 20, 2022
mrz012022dAPR-780x567.jpg

See more Ramirez toons HERE.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.3    2 years ago

[removed]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
The American people have grown more and more frustrated with Biden’s plan to deploy massive spending and higher taxes

That's something we see under EVERY Democrat run administration.  More and more people are starting to realize it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4    2 years ago

Every time a democrat won the presidency and both houses of congress they went for broke and made us broke instead.  They got a shellacking in 1994, 2010, 2014, and learned nothing.  Shellacking 2022 will commence.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1    2 years ago
Shellacking 2022 will commence.

And the Democrats are trying to change to election laws / rules.  Not like it's going to help.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

Republicans will disregard any issue that is current and negatively impacting a family’s ability to stay afloat financially in order to pretend to concentrate on the issues that impacted their great great great great great ancestors.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    2 years ago

It is Biden and his energy starving, supply chain breaking, tax and spend inflationary policies that are negatives on our families abilities to stay afloat financially 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1    2 years ago
"It is Biden and his energy starving, supply chain breaking, tax and spend inflationary policies that are negatives on our families abilities to stay afloat financially"...

... conservatives say while stuffing as much of the Covid relief funds as they can into their pockets...

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.1    2 years ago

Then they say “my great great great great great grandfather didn’t get educated on the history of slavery and racism and neither should our kids”.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
5.1.3  Nowhere Man  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.1    2 years ago
... conservatives say while stuffing as much of the Covid relief funds as they can into their pockets...

Really, said while Governuer Inslee redirects 800 million in federal covid relief funding to other purposes in the state of Washington...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Nowhere Man @5.1.3    2 years ago

Some blue states spent pandemic money meant to reopen the schools on CRT training for their staff to teach it by any other name

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.4    2 years ago

That's not true.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.1    2 years ago

You really expect us to give up whatever stimulus we received while everyone else keeps theirs?  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.5    2 years ago

It most certainly is true.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.7    2 years ago

No, it's not.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.8    2 years ago

Actually it is true…

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    2 years ago
Republicans will disregard any issue that is current and negatively impacting a family’s ability to stay afloat financially

Right, because they spent months hysterically  screaming about how elections are not legitimate immediately after claiming the last election was the most legitimate in history.

I'm sure fighting to make sure that people don't have to show identification to vote will really help a family's ability to stay afloat. Way to focus on what matters.

P.S. You should take this messaging  up with your fellow travelers, who claim everyone is doing great under Biden and the economy is perfect. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2    2 years ago

fighting to make sure that people don't have to show identification to vote

If Republicans would stop trying to vote more than once just to use their own criminality to paint a picture of a flawed voting system then Democrats wouldn’t have to go down the road that Republicans paved.  Forgive me - I shouldn’t have put it that way, since the last thing a Republican would support is paving a road.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2    2 years ago
Right, because they spent months hysterically  screaming about how elections are not legitimate immediately after claiming the last election was the most legitimate in history.

It is odd that the democrats suddenly want to change the rules after they won with the old rules.  I guess they know they don't stand a chance at mid-terms and a very slim chance the next presidential election.  So, changing the rules is the only way they can remotely attempt get an advantage.

It doesn't help their case when the DC Mayor mandated that everybody must show ID and Vax cards to do anything.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.2    2 years ago
It doesn't help their case when the DC Mayor mandated that everybody must show ID and Vax cards to do anything.  

without a doubt. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
5.2.4  Nowhere Man  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.2    2 years ago

Yep you have to show your papers on demand to do everything a normal citizen does going about their life, EXCEPT vote...

It's not jut in DC...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @5.2.4    2 years ago

[removed]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Nowhere Man @5.2.4    2 years ago

True.  When Fox Prime Time talked about this they mentioned several other big blue cities doing the same thing.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.6    2 years ago

Again, not true.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.7    2 years ago

Actually it is true.  Philadelphia, Detroit, Los Angeles at Least so far are copying Washington DC.  In my state we vary from inland rural and small city/county places with no restrictions at all like where I live which are like Florida/S.D. to LA/SF which are close to what DC is doing.