╌>

Today's Conference Championship Games

Category:  Sports

By:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  18 comments

Today's  Conference Championship Games

By 10 o clock tonight we will know the 2022 Super Bowl participants. 

I'm taking the Kansas City Chiefs in the first game.  The Chiefs seem to have hit a rare level of offensive production in the past few games. Their players look faster, more energetic , and more confident than any of the other teams. It has the look of destiny. The Cinncinatti Bengals have gone about as far as Joe Burrows and Jamar Chase are capable of taking them (this year). 

In the second game I am taking the San Francisco 49 ers.   They also seem like a team of destiny. The 49ers have brought  hard nosed do or die effort back to the NFL.  I think they are going to make the Rams "all stars" look a little soft. 

Games start mid afternoon. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Chiefs by 10

49ers by 4

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

That's about where I'm putting it also. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

We agree on both picks.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     2 years ago

Both games should prove to be quite good but I'm sticking with KC and then the 49ers. I believe that the Rams 49er game will be very close and come down to the final minutes. KC should win by 7 to 10 points. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
3.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Kavika @3    2 years ago
Both games should prove to be quite good but I'm sticking with KC

BYE BYE $

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    2 years ago

Put $100 on the Rams to go all the way before the season started.    

So far so good ..... I like my chances.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @4    2 years ago

The 49ers had to beat the Rams twice this season just to make the playoffs and have already beaten the #3 seed and #1 seed on the road as the #6 seed and beating a team 3x in a season is never easy but today’s game may well be a 49ers home game based on projected ticket sales.  Let’s go 49ers!  Beat LA!  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1    2 years ago

You are going to be disappointed today.    Matty ice is going to slice and dice SF up today.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2  Sparty On  replied to  Sparty On @4    2 years ago

Winner winner .... chicken dinner ..... 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
5  MonsterMash    2 years ago

I think the Bengals will cover the spread and possibly win outright, but I don't bet against Patrick Mahomes so I'm skipping the game.

I'm betting a teaser in the 49ers-Rams game taking the 49ers +9.5 with the under of 51.5

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     2 years ago

The 2nd half performance by KC was pathetic at best. Both the offense and defense played like a bad high school team. Blowing an 18 point lead how embarrassing for them, a follow-up on their disastrous Super Bowl performance last year. 

Congratulations to the Bengals. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
6.2  MonsterMash  replied to  Kavika @6    2 years ago
The 2nd half performance by KC was pathetic at best. Both the offense and defense played like a bad high school team

I wouldn't go as far as saying the Chiefs played like a bad high school team, more like an overconfident mediocre division 2 college team with a big halftime lead over a bad division 2 team. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
7  pat wilson    2 years ago

Who Dey !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I missed them both, but they were great games. Should be a great Super Bowl.  My first impression is the Rams look like the slightly better team than the Bengals. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Underdogs have done well thus far!