╌>

Palo Alto Networks CEO: I’ve never been worried about cybersecurity more than now

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  2 years ago  •  11 comments

Palo Alto Networks CEO: I’ve never been worried about cybersecurity more than now
Nikesh Arora, Palo Alto Networks CEO, joins 'Closing Bell' to discuss his thoughts on cybersecurity concerns due to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Palo Alto Networks CEO: I've never been worried about cybersecurity more than now

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

Nikesh Arora is the chairman and CEO of Palo Alto Networks,  one of several leading cyber-security companies. He discusses how cyber-attacks by Russia and its allies have been increasing since Russia started attacking Ukraine-- and how he fears they will soon start to get much worse.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

.In addition to increasing, its seems probable that attacks will not be mostly limited to Ukraine... and more and more attacks on the U.S. are likely.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     2 years ago

I believe he has a right to be concerned and I do believe it will get worse. Time to turn our cyber attacker lose on Russia, Belarus, NK, Iran, Syria.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @3    2 years ago
I believe he has a right to be concerned and I do believe it will get worse. Time to turn our cyber attacker lose on Russia, Belarus, NK, Iran, Syria.

I totally agree. 

And while we have some sophisticated defenses , we also have tremendous potential to  launch our own attacks on those who attack us.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Krishna @3.1    2 years ago

Seems that an international group of hackers has already set the rules, there are all in on attacking Russia and Belarus. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    2 years ago

Thanks for that link-- really interesting article!

(I would seed it here but probably no one would read it, so I won't bother). 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ronin2  replied to  Kavika @3    2 years ago

You don't think we already are? 

This is a never ending game between countries now. 

If we saw an opening to hit our enemies we would take it. I don't care what the conditions are. Our enemies can and will do the same to us.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Oh, for the early 1950s, when there were no such things as cyberattacks, or the internet, or even computers, when Dick Tracy's wrist phone was science fiction, when the biggest concern was a nuclear bomb.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    2 years ago
when the biggest concern was a nuclear bomb.

I think those days are back. Looks like the cold war has restarted.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1    2 years ago

Notwithstanding that nations are so much more connected now than they were then, economically at least, you may be right. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

On the plus side, Russia will need money to pay the hackers.  Rubles are worthless at this point.