╌>

Social-media users in China are obsessing over a conspiracy theory claiming the COVID-19 virus was produced by US-linked laboratories in Ukraine

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  2 years ago  •  16 comments

By:   Cheryl Teh

Social-media users in China are obsessing over a conspiracy theory claiming the COVID-19 virus was produced by US-linked laboratories in Ukraine
It also claimed the Russian army had "found a lot of evidence in Ukraine" of US-linked laboratories producing biological weapons.

"What goes around comes around!" jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Covid-19 (CDC)

Social-media users in China have been obsessing over a conspiracy theory claiming the COVID-19 coronavirus was produced by US-linked laboratories in Ukraine.

The buzz centers on an article titled "Research verifies that COVID was manufactured by an American company," published by China's state-linked tabloid Global Times on Wednesday.

A topic thread on China's Twitter-like Weibo platform discussing the article went viral early Wednesday. As of press time, it had been viewed 1.67 billion times and spawned 292,000 comment threads.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

"What goes around comes around!" jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

Had a good laugh when I came across this article today!

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

I guess it just goes to show that conspiracy theorist nutcases inhabit Chinese Social media as well as US Social Media.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @3    2 years ago
Chinese Social media

Big difference.

The communist party tells the media what to say in China and Russia.    In the USA journalists are more or less free to say whatever stupid partisan crap they can come up with.

So similar I guess but not the same.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Anyone who believes and doesn't question EVERYTHING they read these days no matter WHERE it comes from has to be a complete fool.  

How many times have I posted on this site that grandpappy told us not to believe anything we read or hear and only half of what we see?  In these days of photoshop and digital video editing don't even be sure of what you see unless it's with your own two eyes, and even then you can be fooled. 

Just think of the Global Times article as an attempt at humour.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    2 years ago
Just think of the Global Times article as an attempt at humour.

Well they do mention you by name...

The buzz centers on an article titled "Research verifies that COVID was manufactured by an American company," published by China's state-linked tabloid Global Times on Wednesday.

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2    2 years ago

Holy shit, I've been caught at last. jrSmiley_54_smiley_image.gif