╌>

Disney an existential threat to US, time to 'de-woke' Mickey

Category:  Satire

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  30 comments

Disney an existential threat to US, time to 'de-woke' Mickey
But we all know it’s a perfectly reasonable measure aimed at helping parents pretend LBGTQ people don’t exist. (It’s similar to the United Kingdom’s Victorian-era Neener-Neener-Neener-Neener Act, which barred people from acknowledging the existence of sex.)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

news.yahoo.com   /desantis-thanks-woke-disney-son-080033124.html

DeSantis is right. Thanks to ‘Woke’ Disney, my son won’t wear his Dalmatian-fur coat.

Rex Huppke, USA TODAY 6-8 minutes   4/5/2022

Wake up, fellow Americans, and join me in fearing the greatest existential threat of our lifetimes: The Walt Disney Co.

That’s right, the same company that for decades has tried to normalize pants-less ducks is now – according to Fox News, my go-to source for things to feel irrationally angry about – attempting to use unabashed, colorfully animated wokeness to destroy American morality.

It all started when Disney caved to the radical leftist woke warriors and called for a repeal of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’   Parental Rights in Education   law. Opponents of the bill DeSantis recently signed into law called it the “don’t say gay bill” just because it makes teachers afraid to use the word “gay” around students.

But we all know it’s a perfectly reasonable measure aimed at helping parents pretend LBGTQ people don’t exist. (It’s similar to the United Kingdom’s Victorian-era Neener-Neener-Neener-Neener Act, which barred people from acknowledging the existence of sex.)

All who disagree are pedophiles?

DeSantis and others on the right have treated dissenting voices with respect, only mildly accusing anyone who opposes the law of being a pedophile. Not surprisingly, Woke Disney got the same treatment, as evidenced by the following reasonable comments made by actual human Republican lawmakers and   reported by Fox .

Rep. Jody Hice of Georgia said: “The radical left will stop at nothing to indoctrinate America's children with their woke ideology. Corporations like Disney should listen to parents and reject the left's disturbing obsession with sexualizing our children.”

Rep. Bob Good of Virginia said: “Far-left radicals are working to infiltrate and control every corner of our lives. After taking over Disney’s corporate boardroom, their woke agenda is now being strategically woven into our children’s entertainment.”

House Freedom Caucus Chairman Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania said in a statement: “Disney's opposition to a common-sense parental rights law exposes its disturbing effort to push the radical left's toxic 'woke' agenda on our country's most vulnerable, our young children.”

Shoot your Mickey Mouse Club card

If all that doesn’t make you want to post a TikTok video of yourself shooting your Mickey Mouse Club membership card with a Ruger AR-556 rifle, I don’t know what will.

And quicker than you can say “Let’s burn all the ‘Frozen’ plush dolls we have in the house,” Fox News host Laura Ingraham made me believe the thing I’ve been told is horrible is even more horrible than I had allowed myself to be told to believe.

Discussing Disney’s left-wing attempts to be inclusive and sensitive to the fact that differences should be celebrated,   Ingraham described the dangers of decency .

“Well now it's all about pushing a sexual agenda on little children across their entertainment platforms,” she said. “Now this isn't programming, this is propaganda for grooming.”

59c3ab1386ba3c7920c1030d6748351f

Nicholas Maldonado protested near one of Walt Disney World's entrances Tuesday.

To say I’m disappointed in Pluto is a dramatic understatement.

A recent headline   on The Federalist's website read: “Disney Executives Admit: Of Course We’re Grooming Your Children.”

That claim is as shocking as me believing that claim despite a complete lack of evidence that it is in any way true.

Time to de-woke Disney movies

Clearly, the correct course of action here is the traditionally conservative free-market approach of having politicians threaten a company with regulations because they don’t like the company’s stance on a political issue. (It’s important while doing the threatening to also yell about the tyranny of “cancel culture.”)

DeSantis and other GOP lawmakers in Florida are sensibly telling Disney officials they will strip the company of the long-held governing authority it has over its own land if the officials don’t stop pushing back against the Parental Rights in Education law.

But I think Disney needs to do more. I want the company fully de-woked, and that will require changing its more nefarious films.

cf9b145333a477cb1774367efff14e78

Guests get their close-up with Mickey Mouse in this file photo from Nov. 2001.

For example, the movie “Bambi” made my 6-year-old nephew think there’s something bad about shooting a family of deer. I demand a remake in which the titular character ends up mounted on a wall in a hunter's lodge, as nature intended.

Thanks to the film “101 Dalmatians,” my son Tommy now thinks it's wrong to wear the Dalmatian-fur coat he got for Christmas. I want a new, pro-dog-fur-coat version of the movie that better reflects our American values.

'Lion King' and a stolen election

“The Lion King” should be given an immediate patriotic remake that shows Scar enlisting the Proud Boys to repel Simba while claiming the Pride Rock election was rigged. With the help of a pillow-making jackass, Scar will insist he is the rightful heir to Mufasa's throne.

“Finding Nemo” needs a reboot that removes the harsh anti-fishing rhetoric of the original.

The Marvel film “Black Panther” makes me feel uncomfortable. I demand a new version that’s just titled “Panther.” Clint Eastwood could star.

And finally, the woke-propaganda-laden Disney film “Encanto” should be remade as an all-English film titled “Charm.” Instead of focusing on the Madrigal family, it will be about an American family, the Mathers, who live in a magical world where everyone is straight, no one has ever heard of the term “gender identity,” hypocrisy doesn’t exist and everyone is terrified of everything all the time.

Just like the good ol’ days, before Disney came along and ruined America.

Follow USA TODAY columnist Rex Huppke on Twitter   @RexHuppke   and Facebook:   facebook.com/RexIsAJerk/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
DeSantis and others on the right have treated dissenting voices with respect, only mildly accusing anyone who opposes the law of being a pedophile. Not surprisingly, Woke Disney got the same treatment, as evidenced by the following reasonable comments made by actual human Republican lawmakers and      reported by Fox  .

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Can someone explained to me what "woke" actually means? 

Personally I'd rather be awake and aware than asleep and unaware, but I suspect the meaning has been altered in this case.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.1  evilone  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    2 years ago

It can be traced back into African American culture as far back as the late 1930's where folk singer Lead Belly ends his recording of the song "Scottsboro Boys" with the saying "I advise everybody, be a little careful when you go along through there - best stay woke, keep their eyes open."

Later the term was popularized by people like Erykah Badu where she would use the phrase, "I stay woke." in the 2008 song "Master Teacher" to mean be self aware of infidelity.

Black Lives Matter used the phrase "stay woke" when referring to police abuses as far back as 2014 and a BET documentary called "Stay Woke" aired in 2016.

There is no single definition of "woke", but seems to have been co-opted by the alt+right to mean anything Progressive.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Kavika   replied to  evilone @1.1.1    2 years ago

When anyone says to me ''woke'' I simply reply I'd rather be woke than comatose which you are a fine example of. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    2 years ago

Using woke instead of awake or woken up actually means that your a victim of a public school grammar education.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.3    2 years ago

That's 'you're'

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @1.1.2    2 years ago

When anyone says to me ''woke'' I simply reply I'd rather be woke than comatose 

When white people say woke to me,  I express the offense that I take at their cultural appropriation of the AAVE term.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    2 years ago

Woke: adjective - aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)

There is nothing wrong with being 'woke', it's just conservatives now view it as a dirty word because people that are aware of racial and social injustice keep pointing it out and it often exposes conservatives that seem invested in maintaining the status quo of systemic racism. The usual response from conservatives now is to either claim those pointing out racial injustice are really anti-white racists (claim reverse racism defense), claim others are 'playing the race card' as if that's a valid defense when racial injustice is uncovered, or they ridicule the person for being 'woke' as if it's some insult like 'moron' or 'idiot'. And if those three methods to deflect and defend the status quo of racial injustice fail then they pretend it doesn't even exist despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.5    2 years ago
When white people say woke to me,  I express the offense that I take at their cultural appropriation of the AAVE term.

Being neither chimook or makadewiiyaas I'll stick with comatose.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @1.1.7    2 years ago

Staying in your comfort zone is, well, comfortable.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.4    2 years ago

See, I’m a public school victim too.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.4    2 years ago
That's 'you're'

I nearly fell off my chair laughing at that one too...!  jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.10    2 years ago

I nearly fell off my chair laughing at that one too...! 

Please be careful, I don’t want to cause an injury.  Does laughing frequently cause you stability or balance issues?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.8    2 years ago

Not trying to be a wannabe is always the wise thing to do.

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1.13  shona1  replied to  Kavika @1.1.12    2 years ago

Morning...well I woke this morning to find the cat had hacked up a furball on the carpet.. great way to start the day.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.14  sandy-2021492  replied to  shona1 @1.1.13    2 years ago

Ah, the life of cat staff.

evilone
Professor Guide
2  evilone    2 years ago

Also don't forget to boycott gay cookies - 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    2 years ago

So...is it the role of schools to have strangers teach little impressionable kids about things they're too young to understand?

I can see why parents are pissed.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Greg Jones @3    2 years ago
So...is it the role of schools to have strangers teach little impressionable kids about things they're too young to understand?

Would you let your 5 or 6 year old watch Sleeping Beauty? Most parents wouldn't have a problem with that even though it features a "Prince Charming" that has to kiss the beautiful Princess to save her and break an evil spell. If showing kids that age depictions of men and women kissing and being intimate or in love is okay, why would there be anything wrong showing a 5 or 6 year old an animated movie with Princess Charming kissing the sleeping Princess to wake her?

The reality is what most of these "pissed parents" are upset about is that more and more schools are refusing to exclusively teach their conservative hetero-Christian lifestyle as the ideal while ridiculing and discouraging anything that doesn't conform to their religious belief where 'gay' and 'transgender' are synonymous with 'evil' and 'sinner'. They have often been indoctrinated since childhood to believe that gay persons are going to burn in hell so they couldn't imagine anyone treating a gay person as 'normal' or as an equal.

So as society moves further from the status quo of the conservative Christian patriarchy and accepts the fact that homosexuality is not objectively bad/evil and is only believed to be such by religious zealots, more rational Americans recognize there is nothing wrong with presenting it as normal just like heterosexual relationships are normalized even in content made for young children.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1    2 years ago

If showing kids that age depictions of men and women kissing and being intimate or in love is okay, why would there be anything wrong showing a 5 or 6 year old an animated movie with Princess Charming kissing the sleeping Princess to wake her?

My wife teaches kindergarten in Fairfax County, VA.  They don’t show movies with either Prince Charming or Princess Charming kissing the sleeping Princess,  how would she give informed consent?

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
3.1.2  goose is back  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1    2 years ago
The reality is what most of these "pissed parents" are upset about is that more and more schools are refusing to exclusively teach their conservative hetero-Christian lifestyle as the ideal while ridiculing and discouraging anything that doesn't conform to their religious belief where 'gay' and 'transgender' are synonymous with 'evil' and 'sinner'.

That's a nice spin on the topic maybe you can provide a link that proves your claim. Parents want teachers teaching Math, Science, Geography, Spelling, Writing, not to encourage discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in primary grade levels. Why is that such a hard concept?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

How far they've come. Modern progressives shilling for a billion dollar corporation that works hand in hand with a country that literally puts people in concentration camps to ensure they can push their sexual agenda on 5 year olds.  

Congrats!

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
4.1  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    2 years ago

Disneys are now quitting their teaching jobs and moving to states where parents support their desire to groom 5 year olds.

Effective legislation has the Disneys moving to pedophilia sanctuaries. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    2 years ago

Bazinga ...... the irony is just dripping off that one.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
5  Moose Knuckle    2 years ago

Disney is now synonymous with child grooming and pedophilia. Social Media now refers to pedos and groomers as Disneys after the ceo came out against the antigroomer law.

In recent years Disney employees seem to be getting caught too.

Groomer = Disneys =Pedos

Ok Groomer!

Ok Disney!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Moose Knuckle @5    2 years ago

I see that logic is not your thing. 

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
5.1.1  Moose Knuckle  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 years ago

Ok 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Moose Knuckle @5    2 years ago
Disney is now synonymous with child grooming and pedophilia.

While it looks like you've found an example of creepy pedophile Disney employees, they're not nearly as well known as Christian churches are for child grooming and pedophilia.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
5.2.1  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2    2 years ago

Good point and oh then there is Joe.....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6  Sparty On    2 years ago

Not a threat at all.    

Just spend your money somewhere else.    Don’t subject your kids to that crap.

Fixed.