╌>

Steven Seagal Tells Putin's Allies 'We Stand Together' at Birthday Party

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  28 comments

The Hollywood star is a vocal supporter of Putin, who he considers a friend. At a restaurant in Moscow on Sunday, where the actor was attending celebrations for his 70th birthday, Seagal called Putin's allies his "family" and "friends," as reported by The Times.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

www.msn.com   /en-us/news/world/steven-seagal-tells-putin-s-allies-we-stand-together-at-birthday-party/ar-AAWaJtq

4-4 minutes   Invalid Date

original

S teven Seagal has expressed his unwavering support for Vladimir Putin and his allies, even as most of the Western world turns its back on the Russian president following the invasion of Ukraine.

The Hollywood star is a vocal supporter of Putin, who he considers a friend. At a restaurant in Moscow on Sunday, where the actor was attending celebrations for his 70th birthday, Seagal called Putin's allies his "family" and "friends," as reported by   The Times .

According to   The   Times , the party was attended by Putin allies including Margarita Simonyan, editor-in-chief of RT, the state-funded Russian broadcaster, and television presenter Vladimir Solovyev—both of whom have been targeted with Western sanctions because of their close ties with Putin.

Solovyev, considered one of the main supporters of the Kremlin on Russian TV, had two of his villas near Lake Como seized by Italian authorities in March. One of the villas   was set on fire   by unidentified protesters in April.

In a video circulated on   Twitter , Seagal, dressed in black, can be heard making a toast to "each and everyone one of you, you are my family and my friends. And I love all of you and we stand together, through thick and through thin."

Seagal previously called Putin "one of the greatest world leaders, if not the greatest world leader, alive today", according to   The Times .

The video is evidence that Seagal has not toned down his support for the Russian president, something that other former supporters—French actor Gerard Depardieu, Italian politician Silvio Berlusconi and French presidential candidate   Marine Le Pen —have preferred to do in light of recent events.

Talking to   Fox News   in March, Seagal called for peace between Ukraine and Russia, saying the two were "one family."

"Most of us have friends and family in Russia and Ukraine," he said.

"I look at both as one family and really believe it is an outside entity spending huge sums of money on propaganda to provoke the two countries to be at odds with each other."

Seagal was barred from entering Ukraine in 2017, a year after he received his Russian citizenship. The ban, valid for five years, was justified by Ukrainian security services identifying Seagal as a threat to national security because of his ties with Moscow.

The friendship between the   Under Siege   star and the Russian president dates back years, likely to 2003 when Seagal attended the Moscow film festival and the two apparently bonded over their love for martial arts. The actor has supported Putin through the annexation of Crimea in 2014, which he called "very reasonable," as reported by   The Moscow Times   at the time.

In 2018, Moscow appointed Seagal as a special envoy to promote relations between the U.S. and Russia "in the humanitarian sphere."

In May 2021, Seagal   joined a pro-Kremlin party   called Just Russia - Patriots - For Truth, according to a video released by the party at the time.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
Solovyev, considered one of the main supporters of the Kremlin on Russian TV, had two of his villas near Lake Como seized by Italian authorities in March. One of the villas      was set on fire       by unidentified protesters in April.

In a video circulated on      Twitter   , Seagal, dressed in black, can be heard making a toast to "each and everyone one of you, you are my family and my friends. And I love all of you and we stand together, through thick and through thin."

Seagal previously called Putin "one of the greatest world leaders, if not the greatest world leader, alive today", according to      The Times   .

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

If only Segal were still a viable celebrity, this might have been a big story.  As a deranged has-been though, he doesnt draw a lot of attention, although his present treason may change that a bit. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

Fits right in with the #45/putin supporters.  

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    2 years ago

Segal should stay in Russia

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @3    2 years ago

#45 and all the other putin supporters here should join him.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  charger 383 @3    2 years ago

He lives there and has for a few years.  I don't know if he still has his US citizenship, but if he does, it should be revoked.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2    2 years ago

He made two good action movies at the start of his career, Above The Law and Under Siege, but they were about 30 years ago. Its pretty much been all downhill since then. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 years ago

I did like Under Siege 2, but only because Morris Chesnut was in it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2.2    2 years ago

That was the one when they were on a train , right? Yeah that was pretty good too. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.3    2 years ago

It had a great supporting cast.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 years ago

Is ATL the one where he eventually married his ex model costar and then divorced her for cutting her hair short and then married the baby sitter?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2.5    2 years ago

Above The Law was Segal's first movie. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Kavika   replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2    2 years ago

Yes, he still maintains his US citizenship.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @3.2.7    2 years ago

I still contend that he should lose it.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.6    2 years ago

I just came across it channel surfing.  The one I was thinking of is Hard To Kill.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  charger 383 @3    2 years ago

Segal has always been a dirt bag no talent bouncer in one way or another. Never liked him or his movies much and Vicious Vlad is more than welcome to keep Segal.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     2 years ago

Stay in Russia Steven.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5  Ronin2    2 years ago

It must be a slow news day.

Didn't even know Steven was still alive. Really didn't care.

But at least he found a way to make headlines on his birthday. jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif That is all the celebration he is going to get. He can fad back into obscurity now. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Ronin2 @5    2 years ago

If this non story hadn't been posted I wouldn't been aware of how un-newsworthy this tripe was.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1    2 years ago

Yea me neither.

Matter of fact, I don't think anyone would have.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  cjcold  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1    2 years ago
un-newsworthy

And yet you read and responded to it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6  TᵢG    2 years ago
Steven Seagal has expressed his unwavering support for Vladimir Putin and his allies, even as most of the Western world turns its back on the Russian president following the invasion of Ukraine.

Just amazing how the mind can warp reality into its own little fantasy world.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    2 years ago
Seagal previously called Putin "one of the greatest world leaders, if not the greatest world leader, alive today"

"I look at both as one family and really believe it is an outside entity spending huge sums of money on propaganda to provoke the two countries to be at odds with each other."

So, his good friend Putin is just a mindless fool who has been brainwashed into attacking his own people? That’s the “greatest world leader?”

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @7    2 years ago

Trump must be so jealous because fat Segal is flirting with his bf.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1    2 years ago

[Drleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1    2 years ago

Spare me bugsy.  You are on ignore because I have no interest what so ever of reading your clap trap.

JBB
Professor Principal
8  JBB    2 years ago

Bad actor, bad hair, bad movies and a bad person...

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1  Ender  replied to  JBB @8    2 years ago

He turned into a fat ass slob.