╌>

Tucker Carlson's New Special Promotes Testicle Tanning

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  32 comments

By:   Sarah Rumpf (Mediaite)

Tucker Carlson's New Special Promotes Testicle Tanning
Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson's new special, "The End of Men," does in fact promote "testicle tanning" as a way that men can raise testosterone levels.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Sarah RumpfApr 17th, 2022, 10:33 pm Twitter share button <?php // Post Body ?>

Screenshot via Twitter.

The promo for the new season of Tucker Carlson Originals incurred a veritable tsunami of mockery online for its montage of mostly shirtless men firing guns, wrestling, doing push-ups, swinging axes — and one stark naked fellow who was standing in front of some sort of machine that projected a red light onto his crotch.

Mediaite can now confirm that, yes, Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson's new special, "The End of Men," does in fact promote "testicle tanning" as a way that men can raise testosterone levels.

Here's the promo video, in case the visual cortex of your brain has not yet been irrevocably scarred from viewing it. The chap getting his precious bits toasted appears right away, around the 8 second mark.

I promise you are not prepared for Tucker's latest montage pic.twitter.com/8tdvYTW2cn
— nikki mccann ramirez (@NikkiMcR) April 16, 2022

Carlson — who stopped wearing his trademark bow tie after Jon Stewartbrutally teased him about it on a 2004 Crossfire episode — is highly concerned about what he refers to as the "total collapse of testosterone levels in American men," and it seems this new program will cover some possible remedies. The machine pictured in the promo video is not a "penis charger" or a man copulating with an electric charger for a Tesla, as some Twitter users had joked, but apparently some sort of "red light therapy" that is intended to be directed upon the testicles.

A newly released clip from "The End of Men" featured Carlson interviewing a man in a black polo shirt identified as "Andrew McGovern, Fitness Professional" about the practice of sunbathing the southern regions.

"If you want to optimize and take it to another level," McGovern said, "expose yourself to red light therapy-"

"Yes," Carlson interjected, "which is testicle tanning."

"It's testicle tanning," McGovern agreed, "but it's also full body red light therapy, which has a massive amount of benefits. And there's so much data out there, that isn't being picked up on or covered."

"So, obviously, half the viewers right now are like 'What?! Testicle tanning, that's crazy!'" said Carlson, "but my view is, OK, testosterone levels have crashed and nobody says anything about it, that's crazy, so why is it crazy to seek solutions?"

"It's not crazy to seek solutions," McGovern replied, mentioning that he had recently heard of the term "bromeopathy," presumably a play on the word "homeopathy" — alternative medicine, but, like, you know, for dudebros.

"I think there's a lot of people out there right now that don't trust the mainstream information," McGovern said at the end of the clip.

In a separate clip from a subsequent episode of the show, Carlson discussed this "bromeopathic" therapy with Kid Rock, who was far less enthusiastic about the idea.

"Dude. Stop, stop." the musician interrupted Carlson before he could even ask a question. "Dude, stop. Testicle tanning? Come on!"

"Open your mind!" replied Carlson with a laugh.

Kid Rock joked that "Testicle Tanning" would be a good name for a punk rock band.

Carlson was undeterred by the mockery, asking him again, "Don't you think at this point, when so many of the therapies, the paths they've told us to take, have turned out to be dead ends that have really hurt people, why wouldn't open-minded people seek new solutions?"

"I don't know what the hell's going on in this world," Kid Rock retorted. "I'm not even sure if I understood that question. Some days I just want to stop this planet, let me off."

Mediaite reached out to Fox News for comment but did not receive a reply.

[Your friendly neighborhood Mediaite contributing editor feels compelled to point out that we are not able to verify the medical safety of a "testicle tanning" device, or even precisely what kind of light it's emitting, but as a general rule, sun exposure can cause problems like premature aging and skin cancer. Wear sunscreen and get medical advice from actual medical professionals.]

Watch above, via Fox Nation.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I thought taking Ivermectin is what made you a man. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2  cjcold    2 years ago

Why is it that the name Carlson and the word nuts seem to fit so well together?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  cjcold @2    2 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

FASCIST MANLINESS, AS IF CHARLOTTESVILLE NEVER HAPPENED

We all had a good laugh yesterday when we watched the trailer for Tucker Carlson's latest ... um, documentary:

Shirtless men chopping down trees and milking cows? A naked guy radiating his genitals? Another guy drinking a glass full of raw eggs?   This   is the new thing from Tucker Carlson?

The jokes write themselves. Here's the clip with an alternate soundtrack:

But we shouldn't be surprised to see this. Carlson has clearly decided that one of the failures of recent American neo-fascism can be dusted off and turned into a success.

Remember 2017, when much of the concern talk about Trumpism focused on the "alt-right," a movement that had been given a   platform at Breitbart   by Steve Bannon before he moved into the Trump White House as an adviser? The alt-right evolved from online and other communities focused on masculinity. In   The Atlantic   in 2017, Angela Nagle   wrote ,
For eight years, I have been closely observing an array of rightist forums as they have followed a strange and marked evolution. Initially, at least, taking the red pill was more closely associated with antifeminist and men’s-rights forums like Reddit’s /r/TheRedPill, which launched in 2012, than with the nativist or racist corners of the online right. TheRedPill was infamous for its mix of virulent misogyny and retrograde dating advice. The young men who frequented it obsessed over the male pecking order, evolutionary sexual psychology, and the decline of Western men, who had become too meek to stand up to their women. It also played a significant role in popularizing terms now associated with the racial politics of the alt-right, including   cuck , a derivative of   cuckold   first used to describe an emasculated man and later adapted to brand conservatives who were seen as weak on immigration, or just weak.

Over time, this online “manosphere” would embrace an increasingly hard-line antifeminism, one that began to shade into broader critiques of a fraying social order. Daryush Valizadeh, known as “Roosh V,” launched his writing career with the   Bang   series of books, many of them essentially travel guides for pick-up artists. His site, Return of Kings, was at first dedicated to crude misogyny and pick-up advice. But by 2015, he was ranging further afield in his search for the source of male woe, writing pieces like “The Damaging Effects of Jewish Intellectualism and Activism on Western Culture,” a positive review of an anti-Semitic conspiracy text popular among the alt-right. The Proud Boys, a group founded by the former   Vice   impresario Gavin McInnes to fight the forces of emasculation (in part through a renunciation of masturbation), also blended sexism and creeping nativism. While some adherents were attracted by the campaign against self-abuse, or the fraternity-like initiation rituals, membership also entailed support for closed borders and what McInnes called, in a clever stroke of euphemism, “western chauvinism.”
But the death of Heather Heyer, a counterprotester at the 2017 "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, made ordinary Americans aware that the Proud Boys are hatemongers, and, made the label "alt-right" toxic.

In those days, I recall that if you criticized these guys while calling them the "alt-right," someone would inevitably respond, "Don't say 'alt-right'! Call them what they are! They're fascists!" But what was actually happening was that we were making the term "alt-right" poisonous. People from the left and center succeeded in linking the term to fascism in the public mind. This is the kind of language manipulation Christopher Rufo did when he began the process of poisoning the term "critical race theory," except that we poisoned "alt-right" in a factually accurate way. Alt-rightism   was   fascist. And so the term became useless to the right.

But the ideas never went away. A few months ago I started seeing references at right-wing sites to a guy who calls himself Raw Egg Nationalist. I followed him on Twitter, and what do you know -- he's in Carlson's video, glugging down those raw eggs.

And before Raw Egg Nationalist, there was   Bronze Age Pervert :
Known as BAP for short, he has built a committed fan base of young men — including   junior staffers   in the Trump White House — and drawn the attention of some iconoclastic   conservative intellectuals .
He's the author of   Bronze Age Mindset .
At its core,   Bronze Age Mindset   is about the promotion of masculine strength and virtue as a means of bringing about political change. The world at present, according to its author, is sunk in a form of decentralised tyranny, ruled over by “bugmen” (a rough approximation of the Nietzschean “Last Man”) as well as matriarchal tyrants empowered by feminism and democracy. Beauty has been effaced from human society and the natural world is being despoiled.

The hypocritical supporter of liberalism, a physical weakling with a bad conscience, “pretends to be motivated by compassion, but is instead motivated by a titanic hatred of the well-turned out and beautiful”. In a style influenced by the norms of online debate, BAP punctuates each of his philosophical arguments with insults, blaming “obese high-fructose-corn-syrup-guzzling beasts” for suppressing masculine energy and acting as bad stewards of Earth’s natural treasures.
Steve Bannon's idea, in the run-up to the 2016 election, was that embracing ideas like this under the alt-right banner could win converts to his brand of politics: young men who might otherwise vote Democratic, or not vote, but would now back Donald Trump. Carlson clearly believes that project can be revived, shed of the alt-right label.

If you're wondering about the naked guy in the clip who has a glowing device at his crotch, Carlson gave us a   partial explanation   on Friday:
Tucker Carlson and good pal Kid Rock had another friendly conversation on Fox News on Friday, with one topic of discussion being “testicle tanning.” The subject had been raised earlier in Carlson’s show by Andrew McGovern, an Ohio-based fitness professional who was brought on to help answer Carlson’s question, “How do you reverse the effects of falling testosterone?” One of the solutions McGovern offered was red light therapy, which, when Carlson asked, he said includes “testicle tanning.”

Rock had apparently been listening along, because when Carlson addressed him minutes later, the first thing the musician said was, “Dude, stop! Testicle tanning? Come on. I haven’t heard anything like that in a long time.” The Fox News host replied, “Open your mind, Bobby!” He then asked, more seriously, “Don’t you think at this point when so many of the therapies, the paths they’ve told us to take, have turned out to be dead ends that really hurt people, why wouldn’t open minded people seek new solutions?” Rock demurred: “I don’t know what the hell is going on in this world. I’m not even sure if I understood that question. But some days you just want to stop this planet and let me off.”
We're in deep trouble as a society when Kid Rock is the voice of reason.

But this is where Carlson is going. The fear of depleted testosterone also links these folks to the anti-vaxx movement: Recall that   Carlson   and right-wing disinformationist   Candace Owens   praised Nicki Minaj's   tweet   about a "cousin in Trinidad" who allegedly became impotent after receiving a COVID vaccine shot. And, of course, this isn't the first time Carlson has fixated on testosterone. Remember what he said   last September :
In the service of deriding vaccine mandates, Carlson launched into a tinfoil-hat conspiracy theory that the military is required to weed out the undesirables in its ranks.

“The point of mandatory vaccination is to identify the sincere Christians in the ranks, the freethinkers, the men with high testosterone levels, and anyone else who does not love Joe Biden and make them leave immediately,” Carlson claimed. “It’s a takeover of the U.S. military.”
Is this a shrewd move by Carlson? I don't know. I don't know whether it will lure more young men into the GOP, or into some incipient fascist movement. But it's clearly an effort to reverse Breitbart's failure to make the alt-right a political force in America. And it   could   work.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

When Kid Rock says something sensible, we are definitely in a weird place.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
5  Moose Knuckle    2 years ago

It's just a ploy to get liberal men and women with testicles to watch his show.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1  Ender  replied to  Moose Knuckle @5    2 years ago

Maybe he is trying to attract some women viewers, for once.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ender @5.1    2 years ago

Maybe he is trying to attract some women viewers, for once.

What's your issue with attracting male viewers?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.1    2 years ago

What's your issue with Ender's statement?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.2    2 years ago
What's your issue with Ender's statement?

I asked an unanswered question.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.3    2 years ago

A nonsensical question - like most of the ones you ask me

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.4    2 years ago

Ender wrote in 5.1. "Maybe he is trying to attract some women viewers, for once."  That means that Ender believes that Tucker is usually/always trying to attract some men and/or some non-binary viewers.  I asked if Ender has an issue with that.  Why do you think that is nonsensical?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.1    2 years ago

I think he has enough testicle free viewers in his probably already high male viewership.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.6    2 years ago

So you disagree with Ender, perhaps you should discuss that with Ender.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.6    2 years ago

I just ignore it. It seems some people don't know what a joke is...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @5.1.8    2 years ago

The endless taunting is annoying and . . well . . endless . . . LOL!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ender @5.1.8    2 years ago

Have you always enjoyed a homophobic joke?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Ender  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.10    2 years ago

You become inane very quickly.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ender @5.1.11    2 years ago

Maybe I misunderstood your joke, please explain it if it wasn't homophobic.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Ender  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.12    2 years ago

Keep it up and you are joining the ignore club.

Hallux
Masters Principal
5.1.14  Hallux  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.1    2 years ago

Why did you turn this into a pile of nano nano nitpicky nonsense?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @5.1.14    2 years ago

It's become his MO

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hallux @5.1.14    2 years ago

Sorry, I'm amused by liberals that think homophobic jokes are alright when directed against rightwing wackos.  Similar to those that wring their hands at bigotry and then joke about incest in Kentucky.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.17  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.15    2 years ago
in·ane
/iˈnān/
adjective
  1. silly; stupid.
    "don't constantly badger people with inane questions"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2  Tessylo  replied to  Moose Knuckle @5    2 years ago

Does your girlfriend like it?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6  Dismayed Patriot    2 years ago
"there's so much data out there, that isn't being picked up on or covered"

It's those damned bi-coastal liberal elites and their 'deep state' and 'MSM' and 'BigTech' that are trying to silence the truth about testicle tanning! /s

Perhaps Tuckers dad was testicle tanning by pressing them against the glass of a microwave oven shortly before Tucker was conceived, that might explain why Tuckers such a moronic tin foil hat wearing conservative conspiracy theorist.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    2 years ago

Would not one have to (find them) before tanning them?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8  Snuffy    2 years ago

Adds an entirely new meaning to the term 'Pop-up Toaster'

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
9  afrayedknot    2 years ago

Too many jokes. Depleted testosterone?

Coming from the ‘manliest’ of bow-tie wearing, open-mouth breathing, ‘manzierre’ donning, trust-fund elitist.

Homoerotic projection…

…’not that there’s anything wrong with that.’

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10  Trout Giggles    2 years ago

Ummm....heating up your nether region is not the way to increase testerone or sperm production. In fact, it does the complete opposite. Couples who are trying to conceive are told not to wear tighty whities (men) because it causes friction on the testicles and causes low sperm production. Men are told to to wear boxers or go commando.

So please...all you manly men who love Tucker...pay attention to him. It's Darwin's Law working at its finest

Kavika
Professor Principal
11  Kavika     2 years ago

The little pasty skinned pencil neck moosh noosh better get out bottles of 50 sunscreen.

Kavika
Professor Principal
12  Kavika     2 years ago