╌>

Racist Republican Lawmaker Claims White Supremacist Buffalo Shooting Was False Flag

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  43 comments

By:   YahooNews

Racist Republican Lawmaker Claims White Supremacist Buffalo Shooting Was False Flag
After an 18-year-old uploaded a racist manifesto before targeting Black people in a mass shooting, the shooter's fellow racists are scrambling to obfuscate the truth

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Before he went on a racist rampage in a Buffalo grocery store on Saturday killing 10 people, Payton Gendron is believed to have written a hate-filled screed promoting the conspiracy theory that white people are facing ethnic, cultural and racial displacement by immigrants — a.k.a., a "white genocide." It is an extremist position promoted widely on the right, including by others who have carried out deadly attacks in places like El Paso and Pittsburgh.

Among the "deplorable" set — those on the alt-right for whom this "great replacement theory" has true cultural currency — Saturday's mass shooting is drawing a mix of denial and deflection.

Nick Fuentes — the young white supremacist who also bemoans "white genocide," leads the Groyper movement online, and organizes the annual America First Political Action Conference (AFPAC) — took to his Telegram channel as news of the killings broke to immediately (and without evidence) insist it was a "false flag" attack.

Arizona state senator Wendy Rogers — a member of the Oath Keepers who has appeared at Fuentes' AFPAC conference — made a similar claim, conspiratorially suggesting Gendron was a government agent. "Fed boy summer has started in Buffalo," Rogers wrote in a Telegram post.

VDARE, the virulently anti-immigrant outfit designated as a "hate group" by the Southern Poverty Law Center, didn't directly respond to the shooting, but posted an article to its Telegram account plainly intended as deflection, headlined: "Whites Responsible For Less Than 3% Of All Mass Shootings In 2022 So Far — But Black Attacks Skyrocket," replete with a picture of Brooklyn subway shooting suspect Frank James.

Mike Cernovich, the onetime Pizzagate conspiracy theorist who has tweeted that "diversity is code for white genocide," labored to paint Gendron as an ideological foe of the right, an environmentalist Nazi who fell under "demonic influence."

Story continues

The manifesto of the terrorist who killed people today contains the following:

- He did a chart of Jewish people and included me under "troll Jew."

- Rejection of Christianity.

- An admission that he is is "authoritarian left wing."

- Hybrid Nazi and "green nationalism."

— Cernovich (@Cernovich) May 14, 2022

Laura Loomer — the alt-right troll who is running for congress from Florida — began with distraction. She first tenuously tried to link the shooting to current abortion politics, writing on Telegram, "Planned Parenthood has still targeted and killed more black people than the Buffalo supermarket shooter. Facts matter."

In a later post, Loomer, who is Jewish, attempted to grapple with the grotesque anti-semitism of the shooter's manifesto: "Anyone who hates Jews just to hate Jews is stupid and low IQ," she wrote. "There is no reason to blindly hate Jews." With that disclaimer out of the way, however, Loomer launched into a full-throated defense of the great-replacement panic that appears to have motivated the shooter. "Being worried about replacement theory is not a radical stance," Loomer wrote, insisting: "The war on White people is VERY REAL."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
 Loomer launched into a full-throated defense of the great-replacement panic that appears to have motivated the shooter. "Being worried about replacement theory is not a radical stance," Loomer wrote, insisting: "The war on White people is VERY REAL."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Facts don't matter to these hateful racist scum.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.1    2 years ago

Bingo! Not unless it comes from the hard core leftist liberal side of the aisle. Don't you know some are absolutely convinced leftist liberal Democrats are totally with out sin or vice?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.1    2 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     2 years ago

Loomer is a racist nut case. Sadly she is running for office in Florida.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @2    2 years ago

Agree wholeheartedly. Idiots like Wendy Rogers give my home state of AZ a bad name.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Kavika @2    2 years ago

If you're Jewish and choose to align yourself with people who hate Jews don't come crying to me when you suddenly realize that you don't have any friends.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @2    2 years ago

Floriduh deserves her.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    2 years ago

False Flag = "I refuse to accept the fact that some of my peeps are violent murderer's so, I'll just make up a stupid fucking story to blame someone else." 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MrFrost @3    2 years ago
"I refuse to accept the fact that some of my peeps are violent murderer's"

Many on the right continue to downplay the numbers of bitter bigots among them but the reality is the "great replacement theory" and beliefs in some fantasy "white genocide" is not only common among them, it's one of their core tenets. The only difference between the 'right wing conservatives' and the 'right wing conservative extremists' who cling to such racist ideology is the extremists open declarations and willingness to act on those beliefs. Bigots like Laura Loomer run for office because they know there are many like minded white Christian conservatives who fear their 'white Christian culture' is under threat and will likely vote for them even if they aren't openly supporting such beliefs for fear of being 'outed' as the racists they truly are.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1    2 years ago

<Nods in agreement> Ayup. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1    2 years ago

Thanks for bringing that up. I'll think about that next time I hear the extremist leftist liberals support and downplay members of the "Squad" spouting their bigoted, racist, and anti Semitic BS. It goes both ways.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1.2    2 years ago

No, it does not go both ways.  The racist extremists on the 'right' are seemingly beyond counting yet folks like yourself are always saying it goes both ways.  

BULLFUCKINGSHIT!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.3    2 years ago
seemingly beyond counting

You don't think that Payton can add?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.5  Ed-NavDoc  impassed  Tessylo @3.1.3    2 years ago
✋🏼

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.3    2 years ago
always saying it goes both ways

That's a common sentiment that is often used to justify the inexcusable, the shameless 'what-about-ism'. It's use is a clear sign someone cannot actually defend their position, they can only abandon rational thought and sink to petty excuses to claim some moral high ground as they defend immoral and unconscionable acts and ideology. Pulling out 'the squad' as some equivalent to the violent murderous white supremacists on the right and their disgusting belief in some fantasy 'white genocide' should be expected from those who have no shame and no other defense of their racist ideology. Sadly, these bigots don't feel threatened by racist mass killers like Payton because they don't see themselves as the targets while they are bitterly opposed towards those who seek to legally and peacefully undermine systemic racial inequity in America that challenges their desired white conservative Christian patriarchy that has dominated American politics for centuries and worked tirelessly to keep white Christian males in control.

Only in the last few decades has that status quo been challenged which has angered those who believe they are losing control because to them. Equality is a threat to their fantasy 'white culture' and thus they inspire violent racist shits like Payton Gendron, Dylan Roof, Patrick Crusius, John Timothy Earnest, Holden Matthews, Robert Gregory Bowers, Gregory Alan Bush, Samuel Woodward, James Alex Fields, Jr., Daniel P. Borden, Alex Michael Ramos, Jacob Scott Goodwin, Jeremy Joseph Christian, James Harris Jackson and many, many more. But you'll never hear an apology from right wing conservatives, in their minds their unbridled hate towards minorities and the liberals who side with them is not only justified, they imagine it to be completely separate from the violence and murders it clearly inspires, and thus they use the tired 'what-about-isms' to deflect and defend their hate filled ideology.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.6    2 years ago

See post #1.1.2 above. You have a nice day.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
3.1.8  afrayedknot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.4    2 years ago

“You don't think that Payton can add?”

He can proudly count to ten.

What is for your fucking problem?
Pick your topic and think you are clever, but there are some topics that demand reflection rather than the incessant idiotic rebuttal. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.9  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.3    2 years ago
BULLFUCKINGSHIT!

Indeed. But some will refuse to admit the obvious because it is counter to their 'bred-in' indoctrination of 'white conservative Christians' good, 'minorities, immigrants, lgtbq and the liberals and progressives who embrace and empower them' bad. Apparently it spins their heads so much they believe they can express their opinion, making sure they are heard, while simultaneously rejecting any possible reply or counter to their opinion. Sometimes, after a long and tiresome debate, I can see how someone might request an end to debate, but asking for an end to debate with their first interjection of their opinion can only be seen as cowardly. You hit the nail on the head, 'BFS!', but apparently some have no better deflection than to fling their poop laden what-about-ism defense for right wing white supremacist mass shooters and the bigots pushing the "great replacement theory", then run away for fear their poop may be flung back.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    2 years ago

False flag, huh?  The only existing false flags are those with a likeness, reference or any other inuendo pertaining to the 'Grifter in Mar-a-Lago.

As far as Rogers, am surprised the laundered Russian money is still coming through considering how 'things' are going 'over there'.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @4    2 years ago

Who is this racist whackjob Rogers?  I've heard of Loomer and some of these other white supremacists, but these others hateful racists seem to be crawling out of the goddamned woodwork.  

I had to look again - Rogers is an Arizona state Senator?  WTF?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    2 years ago
crawling out of the goddamned woodwork.

Lousy woodwork.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    2 years ago

Been to Arizona several times.  Grand Canyon, Winslow, Sedona (would love to live there but----the money thing), Jerome, Crown King--bunch of places.  Love it.  

The 'old GOP' is gone.  It is MAGA.  Hopefully, the people of Arizona will cast (IT) into the desert.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.2    2 years ago

IT, information technology?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  bbl-1  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.3    2 years ago

No.  

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5  Freefaller    2 years ago

I knew it wouldn't be long before the nutjobs claiming this a false flag op came out of the woodwork

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    2 years ago

280321676_374439864632032_8239663031052813917_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=KKSaDzhprloAX8ehJsI&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-631Wo5qWZKuzagAWbB4wnhbt1xRODLlHFYmvSuNgKtQ&oe=6286AEFE

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @6    2 years ago

Sure, quote an old white European guy.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1    2 years ago

Who would be your choice to quote then?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.1    2 years ago

Somebody relevant today, perhaps a woman of color:

If we, who know what is right, don't do it, it's not going to get done.  It's going to wait for another generation. - Purity Kagwiria

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1    2 years ago
Sure, quote an old white European guy.

Maybe Reagan kind of adopted that sentiment and modified it a little for his times when he said:

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.3    2 years ago
Maybe Reagan kind of adopted that sentiment and modified it a little for his times

First, that Reagan quote has nothing to do with Kagwiria's quote. It's simply a defensive bitter conservative dig at liberals. Perhaps another Reagan quote better defines the conservative position...

“A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not.”

I'm sure their 'hearts' and 'intentions' are always in the right place when they're lying their asses off. Those damn "facts and evidence" keep getting in the way of their desired narrative.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.4    2 years ago
First, that Reagan quote has nothing to do with Kagwiria's quote. It's simply a defensive bitter conservative dig at liberals

I am not here to connect the dots on how the quotes are similar.

Either you can see it or you can't.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.1.6  bbl-1  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.1    2 years ago

Maybe, "I know more than the generals?"

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  bbl-1 @6.1.6    2 years ago
Maybe, "I know more than the generals?

I'm sure that you do.  You know the specifics while they just know what's general. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

She should be forced to attend the autopsies of those murdered.  Let her observe her "false flags" up close and personal.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8  Trout Giggles    2 years ago
In a later post, Loomer, who is Jewish, attempted to grapple with the grotesque anti-semitism of the shooter's manifesto: "Anyone who hates Jews just to hate Jews is stupid and low IQ," she wrote. "There is no reason to blindly hate Jews.

I see no reason to hate Jews, period. And that goes for other people of faith, color, origin, etc.

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @8    2 years ago

My Brother in law and his family are Jewish. No one would even know unless they told them.

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
9  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

So is loomer alt right or ultra maga. It is not easy trying to keep up with the liberal name calling.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.1  bbl-1  replied to  Right Down the Center @9    2 years ago

Name calling?  Don't think so.  A fish is called a fish because it is.

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
9.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  bbl-1 @9.1    2 years ago

Name calling? 

Yes. Name calling.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
9.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  bbl-1 @9.1    2 years ago

I knew a fish called Wanda.