╌>

Biden Claims 9mm Bullet 'Blows The Lung Out Of The Body,' Then Immediately Says 'There's No Rational Basis' For High Caliber Weapons | The Daily Caller

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tacos  •  2 years ago  •  47 comments

By:   dailycaller

Biden Claims 9mm Bullet 'Blows The Lung Out Of The Body,' Then Immediately Says 'There's No Rational Basis' For High Caliber Weapons | The Daily Caller
President Joe Biden on Monday claimed that "a 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Joe Biden on Monday claimed that "a 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body," citing a doctor he once met in New York.

Biden landed back at the White House on Memorial Day and fielded various questions from reporters, many of which focused on gun control. The debate is front and center after a mass shooter killed 19 children and two teachers in Uvalde, Texas.

At one point, the president was pressed on whether there's any particular element regarding gun reform that he believes could be successful. Biden began by noting that he hasn't negotiated with any Republicans yet before discussing an old visit he took to a trauma hospital in New York.

"They [doctors] showed me x-rays," Biden said according to a transcript of his comments put out by the White House.

"He said, 'A .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out, may be able to get it, and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body,'" the president claimed. "So the idea of these high-caliber weapons is of - there's simply no rational basis for it in terms of thinking about self-protection, hunting."

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Daily Caller regarding Biden's remarks.

The 9mm is the most popular handgun caliber in America, according to a 2019 article by Guns.com.

Notably, the president has commented on 9mm bullets in the past. While attending a private fundraiser in Seattle in 2019, Biden wondered aloud about why America allows its citizens to own "military-style weapons," tying in "pistols with 9mm bullets" as an example.

"Why should we allow people to have military-style weapons including pistols with 9mm bullets and can hold 10 or more rounds?" Biden said at the time, according to the Seattle Times. (RELATED: JOHNSTON: Here's What One Democrat Gets Wrong About Biden's Gun Agenda)

Biden also repeated a false claim regarding the Second Amendment, saying that "you couldn't buy a cannon when" it "was passed." PolitiFact rated this claim as "false" back in April, noting that Biden has repeatedly made this declaration.

"The Second Amendment did not place limits on individual ownership of cannons," according to PolitiFact. "Federal gun regulation came decades after the amendment passed. Biden has made this False statement before."

A note on this claim, which Biden has repeated in the past, via PolitiFact: "The Second Amendment did not place limits on individual ownership of cannons."https://t.co/WUMKWyB9o6https://t.co/2z5AAWnBA8
— Shelby Talcott (@ShelbyTalcott) May 30, 2022

Ultimately, Biden said Monday that he believes "things have gotten so bad that everybody is getting more rational about" the gun debate. He noted that he "can't dictate" things like outlawing a weapon or changing a background check, but vowed to take "any executive action I can take."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Tacos!    2 years ago

All this from the guy who is surrounded 24/7/365 by guys with 9mm handguns on their persons.

He’s either really stupid when it comes to guns, or he thinks the rest of us are.

If there has ever been a politician who has said more ignorant, fanciful bullshit about guns than Joe Biden, I don’t know who it could be.

Honestly, I’d be happy if I thought my 9mm would blow the lung out of whomever I was shooting. That’s sort of the fuckin point. Of course, it won’t do that, but that would be amazing.

Also, he thinks 9mm is “large caliber.”

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tacos! @1    2 years ago
Also, he thinks 9mm is “large caliber.”

(9mm = .354) The reason to carry a 9mm is weight not lethality... They used to carry .40 Smiths as their issue weapons, which fires flat nosed bullets, if you want to talk about lethality....

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tacos! @1    2 years ago
He’s either really stupid

THIS.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @1    2 years ago

Too bad President Biden is not up on the 'nomenclature'

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

That's the whole fucking problem.

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.3.1  seeder  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    2 years ago

In other words, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Yeah, that’s kind of a problem.

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.3.2  squiggy  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    2 years ago

He won't solve anything with a bad diagnosis. It's why we have a salad of reactionary, pointless gun laws.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2  Revillug    2 years ago

Dude, do you really think he meant, "blows it out of the body," as in we are going to find it smeared against the wall?

It's pretty obvious that uncle joe means the damage from the 9mm is much worse and that the lung can't be saved.

My question to that is - is he correct? Does a 9mm cause more damage than a 22?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1  cjcold  replied to  Revillug @2    2 years ago

yes

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  arkpdx  replied to  cjcold @2.1    2 years ago

I don't care if it does more damage. If someone breaks into my home and is a threat to me and my family I don't really care if the can retrieve the bullet and save his life. I want him incapacitated and dead as soon as possible. If it is a painful and slow death is alright with me too. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.2  seeder  Tacos!  replied to  arkpdx @2.1.1    2 years ago
I don't care if it does more damage.

I think most gun owners would consider it a “feature,” not a flaw.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
2.2  goose is back  replied to  Revillug @2    2 years ago
Dude, do you really think he meant

It seems we have to ask that question on everything that comes out of his mouth, at what point should we be looking at the 25th rather than clean up on aisle two. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.2.1  Revillug  replied to  goose is back @2.2    2 years ago
at what point should we be looking at the 25th rather than clean up on aisle two. 

The Reagan administration? The Trump administration?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Revillug @2.2.1    2 years ago

Yeah, because people routinely suggest such actions retroactively, even for dead Presidents.

You are wise beyond comprehension for mere mortals.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.2.3  Revillug  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.2    2 years ago
You are wise beyond comprehension for mere mortals.

I come here to be reminded of that on a daily basis.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Revillug @2.2.3    2 years ago
I come here to be reminded of that on a daily basis.

Have you ever considered taking lessons on recognizing sarcasm?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.2.5  Revillug  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.4    2 years ago

Have you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Revillug @2.2.5    2 years ago

Pee Wee Herman-type comments don't qualify, sorry.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
2.2.7  goose is back  replied to  Revillug @2.2.1    2 years ago

Oh wow.....you got me on that one. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.2.8  Revillug  replied to  goose is back @2.2.7    2 years ago
Oh wow.....you got me on that one. 

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @2.2.8    2 years ago
It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

How often do you do that?

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
2.2.10  goose is back  replied to  Revillug @2.2.8    2 years ago
It's like shooting fish in a barrel

I understand your Regan comment, explain Trump.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3  Ronin2  replied to  Revillug @2    2 years ago

Then someone damn well needs to teach Brandon how to talk. He already holds the title of human fuck up machine. Is he trying for the world's biggest dumbass as well?

22's are meant for hunting small game at a decent range; 9mm is meant to stop humans at close range. One is meant for hunting; and one is meant for home protection. Maybe Brandon would prefer we try to tickle intruders and assailants into submission? 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.3.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3    2 years ago

“Maybe Brandon would prefer we try to tickle intruders and assailants into submission?”  

Brandon? Tickle? Submission?

Try as you might, using such adjectives does nothing to prove a point and only demonstrates a stance unwilling and unable to acknowledge or discuss an obvious problem. Do respond as is your right…but do so in the knowledge it only proves the contention…the ignoring of the bottom line. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  afrayedknot @2.3.1    2 years ago
using such adjectives does nothing to prove a point and only demonstrates a stance unwilling and unable to acknowledge or discuss an obvious problem.

So when is everybody going to discuss the obvious problem.  And before you start your rant, no, it's the firearm is not the problem.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3.2    2 years ago

What is the obvious problem?  

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.3.4  Revillug  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3    2 years ago
Then someone damn well needs to teach Brandon how to talk.

He's a got a speech impediment. It's probably related to his gaffes. Stuttering is sort of like dyslexia of the mouth.

Is it possible he means something other than 9mm handgun ammunition but rather the difference between 22 rounds and the sort of ammunition that is loaded into an assault rifle?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.5  Texan1211  replied to  Revillug @2.3.4    2 years ago
Is it possible he means something other than 9mm handgun ammunition but rather the difference between 22 rounds and the sort of ammunition that is loaded into an assault rifle?

Possible, but who knows?

BTW, 22 rounds are one of the most popular shells for AR-15s.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.3.6  Revillug  replied to  Texan1211 @2.3.5    2 years ago
BTW, 22 rounds are one of the most popular shells for AR-15s.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.7  Texan1211  replied to  Revillug @2.3.6    2 years ago

It's a tough job Googling info, but SOMEONE has to do it!

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.3.8  squiggy  replied to  afrayedknot @2.3.1    2 years ago

GI's been nothing but a song and dance here, yet you expect people to respond seriously? Seriously?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Revillug @2    2 years ago
It's pretty obvious that uncle joe means the damage from the 9mm is much worse and that the lung can't be saved.

It is so nice so many liberals feel the need to "explain" what Joe really means all the time.

Might be a job opening in the WH for the position of Chief Explainer for the Chief.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.4.1  Revillug  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4    2 years ago
Might be a job opening in the WH for the position of Chief Explainer for the Chief.

Jen Psaki planning to leave White House this spring for MSNBC gig

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.2  Texan1211  replied to  Revillug @2.4.1    2 years ago

So there IS an opening!

The new one won't last long from the looks of it.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.4.3  Revillug  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.2    2 years ago

I think it is outrageous for Jen Psaki to be going directly to MSNBC.

Not only does it look like revolving door politics, which it is, but it looks like rats leaving a sinking ship.

It's both opportunistic and a betrayal.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.4  Texan1211  replied to  Revillug @2.4.3    2 years ago
I think it is outrageous for Jen Psaki to be going directly to MSNBC.

Not only does it look like revolving door politics, which it is, but it looks like rats leaving a sinking ship.

It's both opportunistic and a betrayal.

Ahhh, it has been done before and will be done again.

After all, who better to sell a President's policies than sycophants?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.4.5  Ronin2  replied to  Revillug @2.4.3    2 years ago

She is going from being the White House's mouth piece; to the White House's mouth piece in the press. What is the big difference? It will be the same old "circle back" from the other side.

Anyone thinking she is going to be even remotely unbiased or truthful in her reporting hasn't been watching her for over the last year.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @2.4.5    2 years ago
Anyone thinking she is going to be even remotely unbiased or truthful in her reporting hasn't been watching her for over the last year.

And thus, MSNBC is the perfect landing spot for her.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.4.7  Revillug  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.6    2 years ago
And thus, MSNBC is the perfect landing spot for her.

To be candid, I have stopped watching all of the cable news channels.

Fox is a toxic cesspool of disinformation.

MSNBC is a bunch of ultimately counterproductive DNC political hacks.

And CNN lost me when Jake Tapper asked Volodymyr Zelenskyy something like, "You have said that you are Russia's primary target and you even said on one occasion that this may be the last time we hear from you. How do you want to be remembered?"

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    2 years ago

Politicians that want gun control do not deserve armed guards.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @3    2 years ago

Ridiculous.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    2 years ago

Why?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  Texan1211  replied to  charger 383 @3    2 years ago
Politicians that want gun control do not deserve armed guards.  

Good point.

Just like when they squawk that "Walls and fences don't work" as they erect same around themselves.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.2.1  Revillug  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2    2 years ago
Just like when

Anti-vaxers want to go on ventilators.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  Revillug @3.2.1    2 years ago

Just like the fully vaccinated want to go on ventilators. Being vaccinated doesn't make anyone immune from getting Covid. According to the companies that produce the vaccine it "may" that is just "may" lessen the effects of having Covid. With each new variation of Covid that comes out the vaccines are less and less effective. 

The latest moronic super spreader event.

These are the idiots we expect to lead our country, states, and cities/towns. The morons that we expect to hold them accountable in the media. The very ones like Whitless that instituted very strict lockdowns that she repeatedly violated. The ones that will always open their fat yaps to tell the rest of us how to live; where we can and cannot go; and put mask mandates in place. What good did their shots do them; when they are not smart enough to take even the simplest of precautions at an event like this that put them into contact with so many people outside of their normal bubble?

MACKINAC ISLAND (AP) — At least 15 people who attended a public affairs conference last week on Mackinac Island have tested positive for COVID-19, including U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg.

The gathering is put on each year by a business group, the Detroit Regional Chamber, and attracts more than 1,000 public officials, journalists and others who discuss a variety of political and policy issues. Four Republican candidates for governor had a debate.

Participants were required to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test.

The chamber said at least 15 people tested positive immediately after the event, The Detroit News reported. Buttigieg disclosed his infection Monday on Twitter, saying he had mild symptoms.

Mackinac Island’s wastewater tested “fairly high” for evidence of COVID-19 just before Memorial Day, said Kerry Ott, spokeswoman for the local health department.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer tested negative Monday, spokesman Bobby Leddy said.

David Eggert, a reporter at Crain’s Detroit Business, said on Twitter that “very few people” wore masks. He, too, was infected.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.2.3  Revillug  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.2    2 years ago

They have proof of vaccination so they are entitled to ventilators.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.2.4  arkpdx  replied to  Revillug @3.2.3    2 years ago

Most if not all of them are democrats so they automatically feel entitled to what ever they want. Ventilators, private planes, armed guards your money.