╌>

Herschel Walker Says There Are 52 States | HuffPost Latest News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  gulliver  •  2 years ago  •  41 comments

By:   Amanda Terkel

Herschel Walker Says There Are 52 States | HuffPost Latest News
There are 50.

“If you don’t believe in the country, leave and go somewhere else,” he said. “If it’s the worst state, why are you here? Why don’t you leave ― go to another? There’s, what,  51 more other states  that you can go to?”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Georgia GOP Senate candidate Herschel Walker holds rally day before primary election.Megan Varner/Getty Images

There are 50 states in the United States of America.

But in an interview Tuesday, Georgia GOP Senate candidate Herschel Walker said there were 52.

Walker was going after Stacey Abrams, the Democratic candidate for governor, for recently saying, "I am tired of hearing about [Georgia] being the best state in the country to do business when we are the worst state in the country to live."

Abrams cited the state's problems with mental health treatment, maternal mortality, incarceration rates and wages. Republicansseized upon the remark and used it to criticize her, although Abrams said she stood by her belief that Republican Brian Kemp is "a failed governor, who doesn't care about the people of Georgia."

In an interview Tuesday with the Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show, Walker said Abrams should go live in another state ― saying she had 51 others from which to choose.

"If you don't believe in the country, leave and go somewhere else," he said. "If it's the worst state, why are you here? Why don't you leave ― go to another? There's, what, 51 more other states that you can go to?"

"Herschel misspoke ― he obviously knows there are 50 states," spokeswoman Mallory Blount told HuffPost.

Walker is a former NFL star whose campaign has been filled with controversies and misstatements.

He has faced domestic violence allegations, and recently, claims of being an absent father. Walker has talked frequently about his 22-year-old son Christian and railed against fatherless homes. But The Daily Beast reported that Walker actually has three other children he doesn't talk about publicly. He has since acknowledged his four children, saying he "never denied any of my kids."

Walker has also said he's skeptical of evolution, pointing to the fact that apes and humans coexist.

"At one time, science said man came from apes, did it not? ... If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it," Walker said in March.

After the massacre in Uvalde, Texas, Walker called for "a department that can look at young men that's looking at women that's looking at social media," as a solution to curb school shootings, but it was not clear what that was or how it would solve the problem.

In 2008, then-candidate Barack Obama also misspoke on the number of states.

"It is wonderful to be back in Oregon," Obama said. "Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."

He later said it was "a sign that my numeracy is getting a little, uh ―" before an aide cut him off.

Some on took this comment as further proof of the birther conspiracy, claiming that he was actually referencing Muslim countries.

Amanda Terkel

Washington Bureau Chief, HuffPost

Do you have information you want to share with HuffPost? Here's how.

Suggest a correctionMore:Herschel Walker

Popular in the Community

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1  seeder  Revillug    2 years ago

If this politics thing doesn't work out I am sure we can find room for him here on Newstalkers.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Revillug @1    2 years ago

Why don't you ever answer my question?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.1.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    2 years ago

I have answered your question twice.

Go look for the answer and stop asking me!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Revillug @1.1.1    2 years ago

I won't waste my time then on your articles anymore.

No loss.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    2 years ago

Where are you going to waste your time instead?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.4  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.3    2 years ago

Probably work

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Revillug @1.1.1    2 years ago

You never did answer the question and I'm not going to waste any more time looking for your alleged answer.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.5    2 years ago

Yet here, once again, you are. LMAO

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.1.8  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.5    2 years ago
You never did answer the question

Are we talking about the same question? The one about Republicans not needing to even bother trying to steal the elections in 2022 and 2024?

I answered that question.

Then I answered it again and also provided a link to my first answer here on NT.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.1.9  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.5    2 years ago

Are you screwing with me on purpose about this "unanswered question?"

Here is the answer from THREE WEEKS ago when I noticed you were complaining that I did not answer you:

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.10  arkpdx  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.3    2 years ago

She is going to read her own. Those are even a bigger waste of the. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Revillug @1.1.9    2 years ago

Why do you keep going on and on about this?

GregTx
PhD Guide
2  GregTx    2 years ago

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  GregTx @2    2 years ago
Walker has also said he's skeptical of evolution, pointing to the fact that apes and humans coexist.

When Walker says something stupid it is because he is actually stupid.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.2  Snuffy  replied to    2 years ago

But it was actually 6 more states as he said he had visited 57 and had one more to go...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  Revillug @2.1    2 years ago

So your are stereotyping Walker as the typical stupid black athlete. Got it.

Herschel Walker participated in the 1980 Academy of Achievement program as the valedictorian of his class and the most sought-after high school football player in the nation. After his first pro season, he finished his bachelor of science degree in criminal justice at the University of Georgia.

Walker must have been valedictorian of a bunch of morons; and the University of Georgia hands out diplomas for anything and everything./S 

Or if you believe all of the leftist media trash- at the very least he:

Walker did not graduate from Georgia, where he was a star running back after entering as a prized high school recruit. A profile of Walker from 1982 in the Christian-Science Monitor and an article in The New York Times said he maintained a B average at the school. Walker himself told The Chicago Tribune in 1985 he maintained a 3.0 before his grades dropped. He left to play professional football before graduating and, though having repeatedly said he was returning to obtain his degree, he never received a diploma. While Walker was a top student at his high school and the president of the Beta Club – he maintained an “A” average to be in the school’s Beta Club – CNN’s KFile found no evidence he was the class valedictorian.

Of course CNN will not state who was valedictorian of Walker's class. Guess that bit of information was too hard for them to find. Funny how I can find the valedictorian from my class- graduated in 86- didn't attend graduation. Still damn easy to find- just need access to school library; and the year books. This can't be the only high school that keeps year books on file in the library.

TDS driven idiots want to take down Walker because Trump backed him. They are questioning his intelligence while ignoring the human fuck up machine currently in the White House; who is white and has the all mighty D behind his name.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1.5  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.4    2 years ago
University of Georgia

It's not my fault that a person can graduate from the University of Georgia and not understand how humans evolved and diverged from apes millions of years ago.

It's Georgia's fault.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1.6  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.4    2 years ago
Of course CNN will not state who was valedictorian of Walker's class.

Also, in addition to being demonstrably stupid (has doubts about evolution) Herschel Walker seems to be a liar.

Walker claimed he graduated from high school as the valedictorian , but there is no evidence for this claim. He later walked back this statement. [18]

GOP Senate candidate Herschel Walker has been overstating his academic achievements for years

A 15-year review of local press coverage did not find the school naming a valedictorian until 1994 – when the paper acknowledged the school was naming a valedictorian and salutatorian for the first time in “many years.”

He is demonstrably stupid and a liar.

So of course he is a MAGA candidate for office.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1.7  seeder  Revillug  replied to    2 years ago

I think Barack was tired and was trying to say he had made 57 trips to individual states, some of them more than once.

Herschel Walker knew he needed to do something with the numbers 50 and 1 when telling someone to eff off. The correct thing to do was subtraction but he did addition.

Because addition and subtraction come so easily to the smartest guy in high school.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1.8  seeder  Revillug  replied to    2 years ago
Was Barrack "STUPID" ?

The man was pretty close to or actually brilliant.

The proof? He won two national elections in a nation that is pretty damned racist.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @2.1.8    2 years ago
The proof?

Obama, in 2012, attracted 8 million of Trump's voters.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1.11  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.10    2 years ago
Obama, in 2012, attracted 8 million of Trump's voters.

Haha.

Obama managed to run against Wall Street twice. He cast Romney as a vulture capitalist and himself as, somehow, not a tool of Wall Street.

All that birtherism and Obama still won.

A serious question for you.. Do you think Hillary was the worst choice to run against Trump in 2016? Could another Democrat have beaten him?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1.12  seeder  Revillug  replied to    2 years ago
Apparently, Not as Racist as Liberals try to make it out to be....Huh !

Did you vote for Obama?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @2.1.11    2 years ago

Probably not any of those that tried in the primary.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.14  arkpdx  replied to  Revillug @2.1.6    2 years ago
He is demonstrably stupid and a liar.

Sounds like the perfect description of Joe ( Let's Go Brandon) Biden to me. Not only is Biden a liar and stupid, he is on topics far more important than Walker seems to be. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1.15  seeder  Revillug  replied to  arkpdx @2.1.14    2 years ago
Sounds like the perfect description of Joe ( Let's Go Brandon) Biden to me.

[deleted]   "have a poor eduction"  [deleted.]

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1.17  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Revillug @2.1.15    2 years ago

I really wasn't aiming to be ironic.

Sorry.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.18  arkpdx  replied to  Revillug @2.1.17    2 years ago
I really wasn't aiming to be ironic.

You werent

Freewill
Junior Quiet
2.1.19  Freewill  replied to  Revillug @2.1.17    2 years ago
I really wasn't aiming to be ironic. Sorry.

No worries, I simply thought it a bit ironic that one would insult someone as having a poor education, while spelling education incorrectly.  jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1.20  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Freewill @2.1.19    2 years ago
while spelling education incorrectly.

My wireless keyboard drops characters on me quite a bit on me. Sometimes I catch it sometimes I dn't.

But I really need to thank you for letting the main point of the comment remain.

I am thanking you in a totally non-ironic way.

(Wouldn't want to get another one of those traffic tickets. They are probably bad for business.)

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3  Mark in Wyoming     2 years ago

Well there are 50 states ... 52 if you include the state of reality and the state of denial ........

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.1  Snuffy  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3    2 years ago

Hey hey hey...   let's not forget the state of inebriation...

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
3.1.1  JaneDoe  replied to  Snuffy @3.1    2 years ago

Or the state of confusion.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3    2 years ago

And if we want to stretch it, he was one short. 

US Guam

US Samoa

Puerto Rico

On top of the actual 50 states. And I know they aren't actually states so before someone jumps, I KNOW THAT!

Hallux
PhD Principal
4  Hallux    2 years ago

Thanx for the article, I now have 742 reasons never to seed from Huffy-post.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
4.2  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Hallux @4    2 years ago
I now have 742 reasons never to seed from Huffy-post.

If you have that many reasons to not seed from HuffPo then maybe you should stop stalking them.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    2 years ago

Well, let’s be real. He didn’t go to college because he was such a good student, and studying wasn’t the primary thing he was doing there. Apparently, he has repeatedly lied about his academic record.

And then there’s this gem: 

"At one time, science said man came from apes, did it not?  If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it."