╌>

Two Men Released From Jail Just Days After Being Found With 150,000 Fentanyl Pills

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  18 comments

By:   Baller Alert

Two Men Released From Jail Just Days After Being Found With 150,000 Fentanyl Pills
Two drug traffickers arrested in California for having 150,000 fentanyl pills have been released after just a few days in jail.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

RaquelHarris June 28, 2022UncategorizedLeave a comment

Two men arrested in California for having 150,000 fentanyl pills have been released after just a few days in jail.

Last Friday, Washington state residents Jose Zendejas, 25, and Benito Madrigal, 19, were arrested during a traffic stop in Tulare. It turned into a drug bust after authorities found them with 150,000 fentanyl pills in 150 packages. The street value of the drugs is estimated to be about $750,000.

Fox News reports the men were then booked into the Tulare County Pre-Trial Facility on charges of possession, transportation and selling of illegal drugs.

However, the two men were released following a court order. "The Tulare County Sheriff's Office received a court order to release both suspects from custody on their own recognizance," said officials, Fox News reports.

"All inmates booked into Tulare County jails are sent through what is known as the Risk Assessment Process through the Tulare County Probation Department. That 'Risk Assessment' is then sent to a judge with the court, who, then, determines whether or not the individual arrested is held on bail or if they are to be released," The Tulare County Sheriff's Office went on.

Jose Zendejas, 25, and 19-year-old Benito Madrigal. Share

• Facebook
  • Twitter

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago

Isn't it nice to see California cares about its criminals' well-being more than it does for taxpaying citizens?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago

You mean Democrats care more for criminals than taxpaying citizens. 

Pretty sure the vast majority of Californians didn't want them released.

Of course they keep electing Democrats to office, so......

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

Another article on this, the Sherriff or the DA weren't aware of the release order.  

After the two men were released without California Sheriff Mike Boudreaux's knowledge, he said that he is "infuriated," reported Fox News . He highlighted the state’s "failing" justice system and called for accountability. Boudreaux said that he was not informed of the release until it was "far too late." He shared that when there is a release, that necessarily doesn’t reach his desk, but come Monday morning, "I learned of this release, and I was infuriated."

He said that the assessment was "done behind the scenes, basically without ever contacting me as the sheriff or even asking me what I believe the risk to our public safety would be." Then he contacted the district attorney, who also was not aware of the release.

There's some really shady shit going on here.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago

I guess it is important that drug addicts in San Franciso be able to get their drug of choice.

Hell, those bozos in SF may even offer to buy the pills to give away so as to not inconvenience the addicts any.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    2 years ago

This is a Democrat run shit hole.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.1    2 years ago

No doubt it's a shithole but what you didn't get correct is that is a republican shithole. The central valley of CA and the city of Tulare have been bright red for some time and in the last presidential election Tulare voted for Trump by 7 points. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Kavika @2.1.2    2 years ago

Semantics.  It's a Democrat shit hole no matter how you spin it.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.3    2 years ago

No spinning at all, it's a fact seems that something that you're incapable of understanding. 

Carry on

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  Kavika @2.1.2    2 years ago

The voters might go  Republican, but this insanity is being committed by asshole liberal judges..

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Kavika   replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.5    2 years ago
but this insanity is being committed by asshole liberal judges..

Do you know if this judge was liberal or conservative? 

BTW judges on the Tulare Superior Court are appointed and then are required to run for election in the next election cycle. In a very red county and city I doubt if they would elect a liberal judge.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Kavika @2.1.6    2 years ago
Do you know if this judge was liberal or conservative? 

Of course they don't. And none of these conservative whiners are pointing out that they weren't just "let go", they are still charged with possession, transportation and selling of illegal drugs. They will be prosecuted and likely found guilty of their crimes and will no doubt serve time in prison.

I doubt very highly there is anything "shady" going on either, it's more than likely to be a request made by their defense attorneys to be released without bail since it's a not violent offense with promises to appear that a judge didn't look at closely enough to realize this wasn't someone arrested with a couple grams of cocaine but 150,000 fentanyl which are killing kids all across the country.

We'll likely hear the court review this and revoke the release order and impose a substantial bail for their release until trial. Those trying to claim this as some kind of inevitable result of liberal leadership are clearly half wit morons too busy with trying to find a "gotcha!" to actually use the half brain they may still have.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.7    2 years ago
We'll likely hear the court review this and revoke the release order and impose a substantial bail for their release until trial.

Why the hell wasn't that done now I wonder? Not later after they flee and aren't seen again.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.9  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.8    2 years ago
Why the hell wasn't that done now I wonder?

Perhaps because this just became news.

Also, it doesn't appear to be any supposed "liberals" making the decision here.

" The men were released without bail after a public safety assessment was carried out, which uses an algorithm to examine criminal history and other factors to make a “risk prediction” on whether they’ll reoffend or miss court dates."

California DA, sheriff slam release of duo after fentanyl bust (nypost.com)

Do I think an "algorithm" should be making such decisions? No. Is the 'algorithm' likely correct on their risk of flight? Probably, computer algorithms take out the emotion from the decision, but sometimes make decisions that our emotions are unwilling to accept.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.9    2 years ago
Perhaps because this just became news.

Not sure what you mean there. If they were arrested actual procedure should have locked them up and assigned bail. But it is California and I guess that says something.

And the algorithm thing, I agree. This may have been their first arrest or violation but does that make the crime any less severe? Who knows the logic except those involved.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.10    2 years ago
Who knows the logic except those involved.

I think it's clear that the "logic" they used was based on a computer algorithm that took into account many different factors we likely know nothing about. So before I pass judgement on an algorithm that may have been pretty accurate and has a better record than human judges, I'd like to find out more and I accept that the algorithm isn't infallible. Does that mean I should chalk it up to liberal progressive ideology? Of course not, that would be only something half witted sniveling bitter partisans would do in their rush to condemn their political opponents.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.12  Greg Jones  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.11    2 years ago

Leftists are historically soft on crime and well known for coddling criminals

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    2 years ago
“All inmates booked into Tulare County jails are sent through what is known as the Risk Assessment Process through the Tulare County Probation Department. That ‘Risk Assessment’ is then sent to a judge with the court, who, then, determines whether or not the individual arrested is held on bail or if they are to be released,” The Tulare County Sheriff’s Office went on.

Whoever did the Risk Assessment at the Tulare County Probation Department- and the judge who determined these two should be released- need to be shit canned immediately. I don't care if they are Democrat or Republican. There is no way these two should be out on the streets.