╌>

Protesters March Onto I-5 Through Downtown Sacramento - CBS Sacramento

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  8 comments

By:   cbssacramento

Protesters March Onto I-5 Through Downtown Sacramento - CBS Sacramento
Protesters walked onto Interstate 5 in Downtown Sacramento and blocked traffic on Fourth of July morning.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By CBS13 StaffJuly 4, 2022 at 1:56 pm Filed Under:Downtown Sacramento, Interstate 5, protest, Sacramento News

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) - Protesters walked onto Interstate 5 in Downtown Sacramento and blocked traffic on Fourth of July morning.

The protesters appear to have been part of the "Bans Off Our Bodies" march that was happening at the California State Capitol earlier in the day.

Around noon, dozens of protesters were seen walking up the onramp onto the freeway. A large group was then able to block traffic for a time.

Traffic backed up through downtown Sacramento on both sides of I-5. Officers were eventually able to move the protesters off of the freeway.

Sacramento police said the protesters eventually started moving through the streets of downtown after coming off the freeway, impacting traffic again. The group ended their march on the west steps of the State Capitol.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago

Just a bunch of California idiots who think they have the right to block traffic and muck up other people's days.

Sad little idiots.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
1.1  Gazoo  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago

Yeah, in inconveniencing people is a great way to get them on your side. Dumbasses

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    2 years ago

The California protests have me scratching my head a little. If there’s one place where your right to an abortion is going to be safe, I would think it would be California. There’s an excellent chance that the November election will enshrine the right to abortion in the state constitution.

So . . . Not sure why you need to close down the freeway.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tacos! @2    2 years ago

Because they are morons that don't care about anyone else?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @2    2 years ago
So . . . Not sure why you need to close down the freeway.

It wasn't necessary and produced nothing but pissing off people trying to get somewhere on roads their taxes helped pay for.

Those fools are complete idiots.

Cali is a great place for them to stay in.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2    2 years ago
people trying to get somewhere on roads their taxes helped pay for.

none of the protesters pay taxes?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.2.1    2 years ago
none of the protesters pay taxes?

I will assume some may.

What I do not assume is that they have some right to use the roads their taxes paid for in ways not designed by the builders, or have some right to prevent others from using the roads as they were designed to be used.

See how that works?

Why can't liberals just protest without inconveniencing others with their idiocy?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.2    2 years ago
Why can't liberals just protest without inconveniencing others with their idiocy?

Because it's not a protest, it's a tantrum, and tantrums don't work if people ignore them.