╌>

Kamala Harris repeats her words in fumbled answer to interview question | Washington Examiner

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  3 comments

By:   Washington Examiner

Kamala Harris repeats her words in fumbled answer to interview question | Washington Examiner
Harris gave a confusing response on July 8 when asked if Democrats failed to codify the federal protection of abortions.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Vice President Kamala Harris repeated her words and appeared to struggle in providing a clear answer during a Friday interview about Roe v. Wade.

Harris had been asked if former Democratic presidents and members of Congress failed to codify Roe v. Wade"over the past five decades" since the precedent was established, with Harris giving a confusing answer in response, as seen in a CBS interview.

"I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed what we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled. Certain issues are just settled," Harris said.

Q: Did Democrats fail…to not codify Roe v. Wade over the past 5 decades?
Harris: "I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed what we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled."pic.twitter.com/2yJej8N3HW

— Ken Klippenstein (@kenklippenstein) July 9, 2022

Robert Costa, the correspondent interviewing Harris, responded to her answer and said the issues "clearly" weren't settled. Harris agreed, adding that she believes the United States is "living, sadly, in real unsettled times."

Harris had previously appeared to draw a connection between the Supreme Court's overturning of Roe v. Wade to the legacy of slavery on July 2. While speaking to a crowd in New Orleans, the vice president argued that the high court's ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization served as an example of America "trying to claim ownership over human bodies."

In the case Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization, the Supreme Court voted in favor of Mississippi being able to maintain its law banning abortion after 15 weeks of gestation. Joining Justice Samuel Alito in favor of the ruling were Justices Amy Coney Barrett, Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Chief Justice John Roberts.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago
Harris: "I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed what we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled."

The esteemed Vice President should be required to provide salad dressing if she is going to subject the world to her word salads.

WTF?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    2 years ago

What a fucking idiot! 

Of course Democrats fucked up by not codifying Roe v Wade into law when they ruled the roost at the federal level.

By doing so she would have had to admit they didn't because they wanted to keep abortion open as an issue to scare their constituency into continuing to vote for them. "Vote for us or Roe will be gone". Well, they got their damn wish!

They are safe in one thing- their radicals are too fucking stupid to put the blame on them. They just need to keep them hyped up and pointed at conservative Justices and Republicans until mid terms. If anything bad happens- they will just blame the right. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
3  Gazoo    2 years ago

In order to save the country from further embarrassments the idiots answers to any questions should be limited to

1) yes

2) no

3) i don’t know. (Probably the one she’ll use most if she’s honest, big if there).

Scratch that, she should have her mouth duct taped shut, or resign because she’s clearly in over her head.