╌>

Climate activists expand tire-slashing operation beyond NYC. Here are the cities they've hit

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  26 comments

By:   Thomas Catenacci (Fox News)

Climate activists expand tire-slashing operation beyond NYC. Here are the cities they've hit
A U.K.-based climate group that encourages individuals to deflate SUV tires in major cities to combat greenhouse gas emissions has quickly expanded to major cities nationwide.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The U.K. climate group whose members deflated tires on an estimated 40 vehicles in New York City last month recently announced similar actions in cities nationwide.

The Tyre Extinguishers, which encourages activists to deflate tires of parked sports utility vehicles (SUV) to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, said it has already spread to Chicago and the San Francisco area this month. Individuals affiliated with the group have deflated the tires of 20 SUVs in Chicago, another 20 SUVs in Scranton, Pa., and 12 SUVs near San Francisco this month, according to the group.

"It can happen anywhere, anytime," a spokesperson for the group told Fox News Digital in an email. "If you're reading this and you own an SUV, scrap it before we get to it."

The spokesperson previously told Fox News Digital that the group expected to "expand massively" across the U.S. in the coming weeks.

The group explained that it aims to take SUVs out of service because they are a "disaster for our health, our public safety and our climate."

"Bigger and bigger cars are dominating our towns and cities, and all so a privileged few can flaunt their wealth," the Tyre Extinguishers' website states. "Because governments and politicians have failed to protect us from this danger, we must protect ourselves."

On the site, the group provides tips for activists to quickly deflate tires and a leaflet that can be printed and left on targeted vehicles windshields. The document asks the victim to not "take it personally" that their tires were deflated.

The pamphlet that activists with the group Tyre Extinguishers left on SUVs in New York City on Tuesday. (Tyre Extinguishers)

The Tyre Extinguishers don't exclude electric vehicles (EV) from their actions, explaining such cars also have a major carbon footprint.

The group's spokesperson forwarded Fox News Digital an email from an EV owner located in San Francisco, complaining their vehicle was targeted and demanding compensation.

"Are you people verifying whether the cars you're slashing are electric vehicles or not? Or are you just targetting ALL SUVs?" the person wrote.

"Freaking geniuses," they continued. "How do I get compensated for this?"

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Some of you will get to know the radical left sooner than you think.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

I wanted to post a comment, but I realized that it would be considered an excuse to put words in my mouth or create an off topic discussion.  

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.1  squiggy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    2 years ago

[removed, member not the topic]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    2 years ago

[removed, member not the topic]

Plus this article is about the UK.  Who cares?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    2 years ago

[removed, member is not the topic]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.1    2 years ago

removed 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.1    2 years ago

How many times have I warned you?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.4  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    2 years ago

Didn't read it did you?

The Tyre Extinguishers, which encourages activists to deflate tires of parked sports utility vehicles (SUV) to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, said it has already spread to Chicago and the San Francisco area this month. Individuals affiliated with the group have deflated the tires of 20 SUVs in Chicago, another 20 SUVs in Scranton, Pa., and 12 SUVs near San Francisco this month, according to the group.

Chicago, San Francisco, and Scranton, PA are really all in the UK? We must be subjects of the Queen again and someone forgot to tell us./S

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.3    2 years ago

Okay, okay, I'll ignore your articles from now on.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.5    2 years ago

Ok, I'll do the same.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.4    2 years ago
Chicago, San Francisco, and Scranton, PA are really all in the UK?

Surely you have heard of liberal math--and now it seems we have a new liberal geography, too!

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.8  MonsterMash  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.7    2 years ago
Chicago, San Francisco, and Scranton, PA are really all in the UK?
Surely you have heard of liberal math--and now it seems we have a new liberal geography, too!

A driver I use to work with at Fed-EX received a package going to New Mexico, he called the dispatcher asking if there was an extra charge for sending a package to a foreign country, yup, he was a liberal.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    2 years ago
I wanted to post a comment, but I realized that it would be considered an excuse to put words in my mouth or create an off topic discussion.

So you posted THIS instead???????????????

WTF?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @2.3    2 years ago

And then complains about being made the topic of discussion.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

How long until someone sitting in his SUV feels threatened by a criminal armed with a knife and puts two in the jerks chest?

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 years ago

[removed]

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5  Nerm_L    2 years ago

What a brilliant idea by the utterly clueless.  Tires are made from oil.  That's right EVs are going to depend on oil.  EVs cannot function without oil.  So, destroying tires only adds to the problem of climate change.

If these environmental activists(?) are only deflating tires then that could be considered an annoying (and pointless) political statement.  But if these buffoons are slashing and destroying tires then the only viable way to dispose of them is burning which makes the problem worse.  And replacing destroyed tires will only require more oil.  Slashing and destroying tires means these so-woke environmental activists(?) are contributing to climate change.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Nerm_L @5    2 years ago

Did you really expect these idiots to think it through?  

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1    2 years ago
Did you really expect these idiots to think it through?  

That's been a common theme for environmentalism since the creation of EPA.  Environmentalists pursue autocratic authority, control, and power which obviates the need to think things through.  Environmentalists don't understand conservation and they don't want to learn.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    2 years ago

Someone is threatening to slash my tires and I will, therefore, SELL my car????

You have to be dumb as a bag of hammers to come up with this kind of logic.