You could get paid to eat candy as a Canadian company's chief candy officer

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  2 years ago  •  12 comments

By:   SHAUNEEN MIRANDA Twitter

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

19391873408_8af93aab12_o-f5454a1e4dbc76f90248a58ddc66538dcc1efb4f-s1100-c50.jpg

A Canadian company is hiring a chief candy officer to taste test candy.

Turns out you might be able to eat candy for a living — and make thousands in the process.

Canada's Candy Funhouse is hiring a chief candy officer, according to a recent  job posting .

"Do you love all things candy and chocolate? Are you passionate about confectionary treats and exploring unreleased and existing products? If so, this is the PERFECT position for you!" the description reads on LinkedIn.

The Ontario-based company said the position pays $100,000 Canadian dollars ($78,167.70 U.S. dollars) annually. The job can be remote or based in its Canada or New Jersey offices.

The chief candy officer will serve as head taste tester and try over 3,500 products each month.

Besides eating about 113 pieces of candy a day, the chief candy officer will lead the company's "FUNhouse" candy strategy, run candy board meetings and have a say in which products Candy Funhouse will carry.

The chief candy officer will also approve candy inventory and designate spotlight treats with an official stamp of approval.

Applicants can be as young as 5 years old and must reside in North America.

"All you need is a passion for candy, pop culture, and a sweet tooth!" part of the job posting reads.

The chief candy officer will also undergo "extensive palate training," according to the description.

So far, nearly 6,500 people have applied to the job on LinkedIn. Inquiries on the job are so high that the company said its usual response time is delayed.

Applicants have until Aug. 31 to apply. No previous experience is necessary.

The position would no doubt involve excessive consumption of sugar, which the World Health Organization recommends limiting to 10% of one's daily calories. Too much sugar can increase the risk of Type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

The job posting specifies that the position comes with an "extensive dental plan."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Unfortunately for me applicants must be resident in Canada or the USA, but for CDN$100,000 a year it's worth moving back to Toronto.  In my case the overabundance of sugar shouldn't be a problem, I don't have that many years left anyway, so it would be nice if they were sweet ones. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    2 years ago

You neither know the day nor the hour...so make the most of it...

Nothing stopping you living to 100... something to aim for...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @1.1    2 years ago

I'm aiming, I'm aiming. I used to be my school champion marksman but these days my vision is waning. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1.2  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.1    2 years ago

I am officially blind due to poor eyesight unless I wear contacts or glasses..

Hell buzz don't have to be old..

I stacked into the door frame at home the other week...found out this morning have fractured a rib...I am not a happy Vegemite at the moment...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @1.1.2    2 years ago

I'm TRYING not to be old, but only partially successful.  Sorry to hear about your collision. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
2  shona1    2 years ago

Arvo...hmm eating 113 lollies a day...you will have a good dentist bill and you would be prime heart attack material..

Still you have to go some way, so may as well enjoy it...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @2    2 years ago

Don't need a dentist for my dentures - I only have 5 real teeth left in my mouth, but I suppose a cardiac infarction would be the expected final moment. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
2.1.1  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    2 years ago

Evening..oh well at least you still have some choppers left.. more than some can say..

Off topic... Canada seems to be dragging the chain in the Commonwealth Games..even NZ is streets ahead of you mob at the moment... Canada use to be a power house at the Games...

Once the Queen goes think they should pull the plug on them. Melbourne has them next because no one else wanted the games.

Never realised Pakistan is part of the Commonwealth...my bad...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @2.1.1    2 years ago

Pakistan, really?  I would think that India used to be part of the Empire, but not Pakistan. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
2.1.3  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.2    2 years ago

Yes India is but had no idea about Pakistan..had to look it up..54 countries are still in the Commonwealth how many after the Queen goes will remain to be seen..

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @2.1.3    2 years ago

54 countries?  Holy smoke, I had no idea there were so many - must be a whole lot of islands like Bermuda, etc, although they recently lost Barbados.