╌>

All eyes now on Sinema

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  46 comments

All eyes now on Sinema
“I am always prepared to vote and to vote for what’s right for the interests of Arizona.”

So called "majority Senate leader" Chuck Schumer has worked out a secret deal with Senator Joe Manchin to provide a scaled down version of "build back better " that they are calling "the Inflation Reduction Act."  It does little the reduce inflation. Even the White House favored Moody Analytics, has the bill lowering the Consumer Price Index by a third of a percentage point by 2031!  What the Bill really amounts to is another enormous tax & spend Bill, only to be passed now as a last ditch effort to boost democrat enthusiasm before the midterms. Selling this Bill, which includes $739 billion in tax increases and $433 billion in new spending will be another challenge for the dishonest left wing media. So far they have met every challenge, from getting people to believe such nonsense as the Russia/collusion hoax, Trump mishandled the pandemic, and defunding and emasculating the police didn't really cause the upsurge in crime. They have also worked magic in keeping the wide open border and the Hunter Biden scandal pretty much out of the news.

According to the Penn Wharton Budget Model, the bill would actually increase the deficit in its first few years.

https://budgetmodel.wharton.upenn.edu/issues/2022/7/29/inflation-reduction-act-preliminary-estimates  

All is not lost, because Schumer, who is using the "reconciliation" path to pass this monstrosity with only democrats, may not have the votes yet even after his dirty deal with Manchin. This deal was also a surprise to the notable D emocratic Senator from Arizona. Last year we all recall the courageous Senator from Arizona, Kirsten Sinema, who stood firm against saddling the nation with another $3.5 Trillion in spending. Sen. Sinema has always put the people's interests above those of her party and it looks like she'll have to do it one more time. It was she who won the Senate seat of RINO Jeff Flake and became the first Woman to represent the state of Arizona in the US Senate. She is what we call a moderate D emocrat. 

Whatever she decides, at least we'll know she didn't do it out of partisanship.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

It all amounts to a breathtaking piece of power politics designed to take over large swaths of the US economy and stick it to the American people.

Didn't Biden promise no tax increases for those making under $400,000 or less?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago
Didn't Biden promise no tax increases for those making under $400,000 or less?

Numerous times. And, this morning my jaw dropped when I saw Manchin parrot the same lie.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1    2 years ago

I hate seeing a full grown man cave in to bullying.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

He got a pipeline out of it, but it won't be functional for a few years.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.2    2 years ago

A pipeline that goes over many rivers that the government can easily shoot down.

He forgot the people of West Virginia and their "Beautiful Clean Coal!"

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    2 years ago

Thanks for the reminder about the many WV rivers that will be affected. Don't these climate zealots confiscate people's private properties when they find a puddle that has a potentially "endangered bug" in it?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.4    2 years ago

Humm...Let me see. Maybe I dreamt it, but I thought Kellyanne Conway said something very similar?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    2 years ago

It also wouldn't do a thing to reduce climate change

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @2    2 years ago

That's in the hands of the CCP.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

Yep and India.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    2 years ago

I forgot about them.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 years ago

Yeah not so much India but China’s latest propaganda:    They manipulate American greenies to spout per capita carbon footprint.    Which the USA’s is bigger.

Nevermind China’s total CO2 emissions are over double ours and accelerating fast.    Our total carbon footprint had been decreasing for decades but pay no attention to the country behind the curtain.    I really don’t think Mother Earth cares as much about per capita carbon as she does total carbon.

Useful idiots are so easy to fool ......

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.3    2 years ago
 They manipulate American greenies to spout per capita carbon footprint.

The CCP is sure they will prevail and that is why China is trying to corner the market in all things needed to create "green energy."

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    2 years ago
The CCP is sure they will prevail

They will if we keep leadership like we have in DC right now.

And they know it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.5    2 years ago

Joe Biden was the best friend they ever had.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.6    2 years ago

Yep and that goes way back.    Trump put a monkey wrench in those works.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.7    2 years ago

He was all the American people had.

What he started lives on.

Will the younger man from Florida step up to the plate?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.8    2 years ago
He was all the American people had.

My god. What delusion. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.9    2 years ago

Someday I'll give a lesson in middle America.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.9    2 years ago

My God, what projection!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    2 years ago

Won’t sink in

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.12    2 years ago

They exploited everything that God's gift of a pandemic gave them and they used it to force Americans to green energy that doesn't exist and swamp the country with illegal migrants. They used the DOJ & FBI to punish political opponents and they made America a dangerous place. In the process of patronizing a good & decent group of people they even alienated Hispanic Americans.

Somehow they think they are going to win the midterms with "abortion."

Tell us...who is delusional?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.13    2 years ago
Somehow they think they are going to win the midterms

I know but if they do, America deserves what she gets.    Two more years of radical, divisive, leftist policy.

God helps us all if that happens.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.14    2 years ago
God helps us all if that happens.

We couldn't take another 4 years of this hell

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3  Jasper2529    2 years ago
“I am always prepared to vote and to vote for what’s right for the interests of Arizona.”
Sure, sure, sure. That's what Manchin said about West Virginia and he ended up throwing his constituents under the bus.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    2 years ago

Yep, I wonder how many COVID positive Dems will show up to vote and push this garbage through.

We’ll never know.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    2 years ago

295633909_8054164461322880_8897336334395429766_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=PWQTDEiLhu8AX9-EcDj&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT9vVi9sGHCfsWtBhwqdwzMgWOuFVfP4t44q4azfoHwBnA&oe=62EE6C8F

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @4    2 years ago

And they are as full of shit as their predictions on inflation as they all got wrong.

When you want stupidity listen to Democrats and their supporters.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    2 years ago

297327883_464212899143623_5327706734974443400_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=55Ly58BNrlQAX8r6R2r&tn=ddyv9WRSVi2y4Anp&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-D-oPrsDlSEziBB2CxaTYtwUXUGjRE6Irlo-HO_4LcHA&oe=62EE50AA

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @5    2 years ago

Republicans don't like the act because fucking stupid Democrats again forgot that corporations don't pay taxes!

Any taxes will be passed along to consumers in the form of higher costs for goods; reduced wages for workers; and less workers employed. Corporations are a hell of a lot smarter than fucking Democrats!

Murphy is a prime example of a fucking stupid Democrat!

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    2 years ago

Obstructing Democratic Presidents unilaterally has become the gop's only reason for being since 1992.

30 years of giving republican Presidents whatever they desired while mindlessly denying all to all Democrats...

Sinema is not going to enable further dysfunction!

Biden's BBB is what our economy and futures need.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @6    2 years ago

Only in leftist delusional land will this bill work. It will crank up inflation and deepen the recession.

By the way- what the fuck have Democrats done to every Republican president but obstruct? It is the way our two party system works these days.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @6    2 years ago
Biden's BBB is what our economy and futures need.

Only if one enjoys ...

• 9.1% inflation
  • Recession
  • Baby formula shortages
  • High food prices
  • $4.30+/gal gasoline (it was $2.39/gal the day Biden took office)
  • Overall supply chain shortages
  • Empty grocery store shelves
  • Expected brown outs/black outs in numerous states
  • Water use restrictions
  • State/local governments restricting your air-conditioning use

BBB sounds just like what Venezuela and Cuba have become.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2    2 years ago

The other day I happened to see a simple survey on a local news station. They were interviewing people about how they felt about the coming midterms. Most of those interviewed were adamant about voting the democrats out.  However, there was one person who talked about green energy & abortion being so important to him. The last question he was asked was about the high prices. He replied that he was a surgeon and kind of immune from the crisis in the economy.

I thought that was the best indicator of how people would vote in the coming election that I have seen.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.1    2 years ago
The last question he was asked was about the high prices. He replied that he was a surgeon and kind of immune from the crisis in the economy.

Yep, like many in the Biden admin.    He’s a “let them eat cake” liberal who in the end could care less about anyone but themself.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @6.2.2    2 years ago

Yes Sir, that's how I see it too.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @6    2 years ago

"Obstructing Democratic Presidents unilaterally has become the gop's only reason for being since 1992.

30 years of giving republican Presidents whatever they desired while mindlessly denying all to all Democrats...

Sinema is not going to enable further dysfunction!

Biden's BBB is what our economy and futures need."

Like here, all they have is projection, deflection, and denial and outright lies.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.3    2 years ago

The Recession isn't a lie

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.2  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3.1    2 years ago

No worries, like inflation, it is only transitionary.   /S

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @6.3.2    2 years ago

And caused by the terrible Putin, don't forget!

freepress
Freshman Silent
7  freepress    2 years ago

Sinema is a fickle person and no matter where she eventually ends up party-wise, she will not change. Her duplicity will continue within every scenario and follow her undermining any party she belongs to. She is a wild card and will always be a wild card because she plays games with making herself important. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  freepress @7    2 years ago

So it was a mistake for the people of Arizona to put a democrat in that Senate seat?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8  Sparty On    2 years ago

She’ll fold just like Manchin did.    

Just as soon as Biden gives her the pork she extorts.