╌>

Garland: Trump search warrant should be unsealed

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  95 comments

By:   Rick Rouan, Joey Garrison, Erin Mansfield and Kevin Johnson (USA TODAY)

Garland: Trump search warrant should be unsealed
"I personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant in this matter," Attorney General Garland said of the FBI search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rick RouanJoey GarrisonErin MansfieldKevin JohnsonUSA TODAY

Attorney General Merrick Garland said Thursday the Justice Department had filed a motion to unseal the search warrant and property receipt from a search FBI agents conducted Monday at former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach, Florida

"I personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant in this matter," he said Thursday, after making the required finding of "probable cause" that a crime had been committed.

On Monday, agents searched Trump's residence and his safe in what sources familiar with the matter have told USA TODAY is an investigation related to Trump's removal of classified documents from the White House when he left office.

Trump has denounced that investigation. The latest action prompted Trump to make accusations of a "witch hunt" in all levels of government, including the bureau itself. However, FBI Director Christopher Wray was appointed by Trump while he was president.

Related:The Mar-a-Lago search warrant has become a hot topic for speculation. Here's what we really know

Republicans have said the search was politically motivated, and Wray has responded to threats against the department since the search.

Since 2021, Trump has faced legal scrutiny in at least five independent federal and state inquiries that are both criminal and civil in nature. At least two investigations involve the 2020 election. A bipartisan House committee is digging into Trump's role in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack. New York's attorney general is investigating the Trump Organization's business practices. And a federal inquiry into presidential records is ongoing, and appears to have prompted a search by the FBI at his Florida estate.

Under the law, any search would need to be authorized by a federal judge after finding probable cause that a crime had been committed and that evidence of the crime exists in the location to be searched.

What was taken:Donald Trump knows what FBI agents took from Mar-a-Lago and why they took it, experts say

Garland defends federal law enforcement

Attorney General Merrick Garland on Thursday also addressed what he called "unfounded attacks on the professionalism" of federal law enforcement officials since the search.

Republicans have denounced the search as politically motivated, and the FBI has responded to threats against the agency since the search.

"I will not stand by silently when their integrity is unfairly attacked. The men and women of the FBI and the Justice Department are dedicated, patriotic public servants," Garland said. "Every day, they protect the American people from violent crime, terrorism and other threats to their safety while safeguarding our civil rights. They do so at great personal sacrifice and risk to themselves. I am honored to work alongside them."

Trump doesn't comment on Garland, criticizes Obama instead

Minutes after Attorney General Merrick Garland's remarks, former President Donald Trump posted a comment on Truth Social that did not address the attorney, but instead criticized predecessor Barack Obama.

Trump said he wants to know what happened to the records Obama and his aides took with them when they left the White House in 2017, saying "the Fake News Media refuses to talk about that. They want it CANCELED!"

The cases are nothing alike.

Obama officials transferred their records through the National Archives to their home base in Chicago, where they planned to digitize them for inclusion in their presidential library.

Trump allegedly took boxes of items to his home in Mar-a-Lago, prompting complaints from the National Archives that led to the current investigation and this week's search of the president's home.

- David Jackson

Justice Department asks judge to unseal warrant, if Trump approves

The Justice Department's motion asking a federal judge to unseal the warrant to search former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago home opens the door for Trump to stop it from becoming public.

The department argues the court should unseal the search warrant, attachments and property receipt "absent objection from the former president."

"The public's clear and powerful interest in understanding what occurred under these circumstances weighs heavily in favor of unsealing," Justice Department attorneys wrote in their motion. "That said, the former President should have an opportunity to respond to this Motion and lodge objections, including with regards to any 'legitimate privacy interests' or the potential for other 'injury' if these materials are made public."

Republicans have been beating a drum to release the warrant and associated documents since the FBI conducted its search on Monday.

- Rick Rouan

Read the Justice Department's motion to unseal the search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

Trump's confirmation prompted Justice to unseal warrant

Attorney General Merrick Garland said a combination of factors influenced the Justice Department's decision to file to unseal the search warrant.

Those included: Trump's confirmation of the search, made via a public statement Monday, "surrounding circumstances" and the "substantial public interest in the matter."

- Rick Rouan

AG signed off on seeking search warrant

Attorney General Merrick Garland said he personally approved the department's decision to seek a search warrant of former president Donald Trump's residence in Mar-a-Lago.

Garland said this was in accordance with Department of Justice policy and procedures, and added, "The department does not take such a decision lightly."

"Upholding the rule of law means applying the law evenly, without favor," Garland said. "Under my watch, that is precisely what the Justice department is doing."

- Erin Mansfield

DOJ seeks to unseal search warrant of Mar-a-Lago

Attorney General Merrick Garland said the Department of Justice has asked a federal court in South Florida to unseal a search warrant and property receipt related to a search of the former president's home.

Garland said a federal court authorized the search "upon the required finding of probable cause." He said the DOJ's motion came "in light of the former president's public confirmation" as well as "the substantial public interest in this matter."

- Erin Mansfield

White House: Biden did not have prior knowledge of Garland's statement

A White House official said President Joe Biden had no prior knowledge that Garland would be making a statement Thursday and learned about it through media reports.

The White House has previously said Biden was not given advance notice of the FBI search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago property Monday.

"We did not have advance notice of this activity," White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said earlier this week.

- Joey Garrison

Who is Merrick Garland?

Before he was attorney general, Garland was a longtime judge who was nominated for the Justice Department post when Joe Biden won the presidency.

Garland is a Chicago native who attended Harvard University for both undergraduate studies and law school. He practiced corporate law and then served as a deputy attorney general under President Bill Clinton, who then nominated him to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals.

President Barack Obama nominated him to the Supreme Court in 2016, but he was never confirmed to the high court when Senate Republicans declined to give him a hearing.

Investigations:Trump in midst of gathering storm of investigations. Mar-a-Lago document inquiry is one of many.

Featured Weekly Ad

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

Merrick Garland just KNOCKED Trumpyland out of its orbit...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

How so?

When they unseal the search warrant let me know.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    2 years ago

Might happen........by the magistrate who signed it..........

The judge who signed the warrant granting the FBI permission to search Donald Trump ’s Mar-a-Lago residence has instructed the Department of Justice to respond to a request to unseal it.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    2 years ago

Trump can show the warrant and manifest of what was taken if he wants to, but, he doesn't want to because it will blow the narrative the reich wing has been playing since Monday. Garland just called his bluff. In essence..

GOP: Release the warrant!!!

Garland: Ok.

GOP: Wait, no, never mind. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.1    2 years ago
by the magistrate who signed it

Trump appointed magistrate no less..

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.4  devangelical  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.2    2 years ago

watch them fight it in court... losers...

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.5  GregTx  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.2    2 years ago

Yes please and the affidavit used to obtain the warrant as well.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  GregTx @1.1.5    2 years ago

I agree, release all of it. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.7  devangelical  replied to  GregTx @1.1.5    2 years ago

yeah, find out which trump family member rolled over on him...

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.8  seeder  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    2 years ago

The panic in Trumpyland is palpable as the screws tighten!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.2    2 years ago
Trump can show the warrant and manifest of what was taken if he wants to,

If he has it, why are his lawyers suing to get it?

And if this is a simple matter of documents, why the raid and the apparent fishing expedition?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.1.10  afrayedknot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    2 years ago

Only two ifs and two whys, vic.?

Just waiting for the inevitable buts. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.11  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    2 years ago

he won't give it to them until the newest money raising scam yields $10 million on it...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.12  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    2 years ago

It's his property, he has the warrant and manifest. Those two items are HIS to do with as he pleases. 

And if this is a simple matter of documents, why the raid and the apparent fishing expedition?

Because trump ignored the subpoena that was issued. Had he complied, there would have been no search warrant. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.13  GregTx  replied to  devangelical @1.1.7    2 years ago

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say if if was a family member, I'm sure it was Mary..

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.12    2 years ago
he has the warrant and manifest.

PROVE IT

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.15  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.14    2 years ago

it's the legal protocol required after the warrant has been served and any items seized.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.16  devangelical  replied to  GregTx @1.1.13    2 years ago

follow the money. who in his family has the most to gain by trumpski going to jail? somebody in his inner circle has seen the writing on the wall, accepts the inevitability, and hopes to capitalize on it.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.17  seeder  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.14    2 years ago

You are misinformed! Trump has a copy of the search warrant and a detailed manifest of all items seized. He refuses to release them.

Which is why Garland is calling Trump's bluff!

You do not seem to understand the situation.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Ender  replied to  devangelical @1.1.16    2 years ago

I read one article they were saying it was Jared.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1.15    2 years ago

I said prove it

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.20  devangelical  replied to  Ender @1.1.18    2 years ago

him or any one of his kids, or melania... they're probably all sick of being around a sick fuck.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.21  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.19    2 years ago
I said prove it

fuck off

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.22  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.19    2 years ago
I said prove it

Nobody needs to prove it because that is THE LAW.  They are legally required to provide both to Trump, and if they hadn't he would be screaming to high heaven about that by now.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.1.23  Snuffy  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.12    2 years ago
Because trump ignored the subpoena that was issued. Had he complied, there would have been no search warrant. 

But the subpoena was issued last Spring,  and the DOJ was at Mar-a-Lago on June 3rd so he and his team were cooperating with the DOJ.  June 3rd is also when the DOJ went thru the records room and ended up taking 15 boxes with them when they left.  According to reporting the only interaction that the Trump team had with the DOJ after June 3rd was when they later asked the records room in the basement be better secured.

The Justice Department subpoenaed former President Trump months before federal law enforcement executed a search warrant of his Mar-a-Lago estate this week, The New York Times reported Thursday .

According to the Times, investigators had been concerned about classified national security information that might have remained at Trump’s Florida property, even in the months after the National Archives recovered 15 boxes of White House materials from there in January.

The subpoena reportedly preceded a June meeting at Mar-a-Lago between attorneys representing Trump and Justice Department investigators, who later asked that a basement room containing White House records be better secured.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.24  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.14    2 years ago

PROVE IT

He was the subject of the raid, Vic!!!! If you get a speeding ticket, who gets the fucking ticket? Some other random motorist that's passing by? Wake up! 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.25  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.1    2 years ago

Instead, the DOJ filed it's own motion to do just that. UNLIKE others, including Judicial Watch, who are seeking its release, the DOJ recommended that the Judge allow Trump to have a voice. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.26  GregTx  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.24    2 years ago

So now it's a raid?

Gazoo
Junior Silent
1.1.27  Gazoo  replied to  GregTx @1.1.26    2 years ago

Lol, jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif .

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1.28  pat wilson  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.23    2 years ago

Why does Mar a Lago have a "records room" ?

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.29  GregTx  replied to  Gazoo @1.1.27    2 years ago

What's really funny is the White House saying they weren't briefed about it and that they didn't know Garland was going to comment on it today.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.1.30  Snuffy  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.28    2 years ago

It's a room in the basement where the Trump admin was storing records, hence I called it a "records room".  I could have just as easily called it "fred".  Just a name.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.31  Dulay  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.30    2 years ago
It's a room in the basement where the Trump admin was storing records, hence I called it a "records room". 

There is NO 'Trump admin'. It's Trump. PERIOD, full stop. Trump is the ONLY person responsible for what is in those 12 boxes that were retrieved. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1.32  pat wilson  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.30    2 years ago

Oh I thought that came from the article.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.33  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.19    2 years ago
I said prove it

Wow, triggered much Vic. 

You want proof? Here you go:

READ: DOJ motion to unseal search warrant and property receipt for Trump's Mar-a-Lago home - DocumentCloud

I won't actually make you actually READ the document, Dog forbid.

Page 2, 2nd paragraph:

Former President Trump, through counsel, was provided copies of each of these documents on August 8, 2022, as part of the execution of the search. 

Now Vic, unless YOU can PROVE that the AG of the US intentionally LIED to the Court, that statement in the motion is PROVES IT. 

BTFW, it took me less than a minute to find and pinpoint your PROOF. 

You're welcome. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.34  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    2 years ago

What if it's Trump's opposition that keeps it from being released Vic? 

What pretzel logic will your comments display then? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.36  MrFrost  replied to  GregTx @1.1.26    2 years ago
So now it's a raid?

Cute, you know what I mean Greg. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.37  GregTx  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.36    2 years ago

No, I don't.  But if you could clarify I'm sure I can follow along. Was it a raid or not?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.38  Dulay  replied to    2 years ago

Right, that's why Trump was the one that reported the search. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.39  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1.1.8    2 years ago

Ya and the desperation of the supporters is palpable as well!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.40  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.12    2 years ago
"If he has it, why are his lawyers suing to get it?"
"It's his property, he has the warrant and manifest. Those two items are HIS to do with as he pleases."
"And if this is a simple matter of documents, why the raid and the apparent fishing expedition?"
"Because trump ignored the subpoena that was issued. Had he complied, there would have been no search warrant."

But, but trumpturd invited them back in June!

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.41  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.34    2 years ago

Trump just called for making the warrant public.

Garland has been called and raised!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.42  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.41    2 years ago

Your comment is delusional Vic. 

Trump could have released the docs on Monday. 

BTFW, what say you about the FACT that they found Top Secret documents? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.43  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @1.1.42    2 years ago
, what say you about the FACT that they found Top Secret documents?

Now illegally possessing Top secret documents is a bad thing?  

Lol.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.44  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.43    2 years ago
Now illegally possessing Top secret documents is a bad thing?   Lol.

Especially Top Secret SCI Sean. I realize that you're still trying to push your whataboutism. It's a losing cause and obtuse. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.45  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @1.1.44    2 years ago

Really? It's bad now?  When did that change?

Strange how that works.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.46  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.45    2 years ago
Really? It's bad now?  When did that change? Strange how that works.  

Who else are you claiming refused to relinquish Top Secret SCI material Sean? Be specific. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.47  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.14    2 years ago

[Deleted]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.48  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @1.1.47    2 years ago

I was making a point not a claim. Please reconsider.

[There is no need to make nasty insinuations to make a point.]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.49  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @1.1.48    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Sorry. I'll try to be a better person in the future.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

trumpski has a copy of the warrant and what was seized, why doesn't he release it? oh yeah, that would knock the wheels off the rwnj indignation bus and short change his money raising scam off the incident, never mind.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 years ago

Why doesn't the AG.  Did the raid fail to find anything?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.2.2  afrayedknot  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 years ago

“…his money raising scam…”

Taking advantage of those that he would dismiss as losers for supporting his call, while gladly accepting the alms.

He is simply pathological, preying upon the weakest amongst us. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.3  devangelical  replied to  afrayedknot @1.2.2    2 years ago

probably, but I don't associate with anyone that stupid...

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Kavika   replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.1    2 years ago

Garland hasn't released it since the judge said that Trump had to agree to have it released. Garland and the DOJ are ready to release it as soon as Trump agrees. So Garland called Trump's bluff let's see what thunder mouth will do now. 

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Ender  replied to  Kavika @1.2.4    2 years ago

I bet he won't agree to it. He would rather keep up with conspiracy than let truth be known.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Kavika   replied to  Ender @1.2.5    2 years ago

Anyone with a functioning brain will know that if Trump refuses to release it he is full of shit and lying as usual. Many of his followers do not have a functioning brain.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  afrayedknot @1.2.2    2 years ago
"He is simply pathological, preying upon the weakest amongst us." 

So true!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only a weak simpleminded fool would contribute to that weak simpleminded fool.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @1.2.4    2 years ago

Thunder mouth!  I love it!  All that rumbling and absolutely nothing of substance. . . . 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.9  cjcold  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.1    2 years ago

Boxes and boxes. 

Of course Trump has flushed everything incriminating already

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.10  cjcold  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.1    2 years ago

The FBI found most everything that Trump didn't burn years ago.

Why would a serial criminal change his stripes now?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.2.10    2 years ago

link?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.2.10    2 years ago
Boxes and boxes. 

Of course Trump has flushed everything incriminating already

The FBI found most everything that Trump didn't burn years ago.

Your statements appear contradictory.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

I agree it should be unsealed. What is Merrick trying to hide?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3    2 years ago

It doesn't sound like Merrick Garland is holding back anymore!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1.3.1    2 years ago

So........what did he find?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.3  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3.2    2 years ago

hopefully it's the 4 missing cell phones he claims to have lost...

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.4  Dulay  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3    2 years ago

Will Trump oppose its release? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago
Because trump ignored the subpoena tha

He approved the raid, yet still no information.  Nothing here.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.4.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4    2 years ago
He approved the raid, yet still no information.

Are you complaining that he has failed to release all information of an ongoing criminal investigation to you?  Is that really what you're complaining about?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2  MrFrost    2 years ago

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @2    2 years ago

Yeah....bur it still takes a jury to make it legal.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    2 years ago

Yeah....bur it still takes a jury to make it legal.

You have to have a jury to issue a search warrant? That's a new one. /eye roll

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
2.2  goose is back  replied to  MrFrost @2    2 years ago

I didn't know justice hinged on who appointed you.  I guess that speaks volumes as to why Hunter Biden is still not being prosecuted. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  goose is back @2.2    2 years ago

ustice hinged on who appointed you.  I guess that speaks volumes as to why Hunter Biden is still not being prosecuted

Those memes are often unintentionally revealing. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.2.2  afrayedknot  replied to  goose is back @2.2    2 years ago

“…to why Hunter Biden is still not being prosecuted.”

HBDS 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.3  MrFrost  replied to  goose is back @2.2    2 years ago
Hunter Biden is still not being prosecuted. 

He probably will be and if he is guilty, adios. But I did hear that Hunter watched the raid on his laptop. 

(your deflection is noted.) 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  afrayedknot @2.2.2    2 years ago

“…to why Hunter Biden is still not being prosecuted.”

"HBDS"

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Thank you afk - we have a new moniker for the trumpturdians

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Great. I'm glad we call all agree that those who called for more transparency were correct in the last few seeds. Strange that those who were so  vehemently opposed to it are now celebrating it.

It's amusing to watch the progressive position flip positions on a dime when their masters tell them  to. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

it's amusing to watch regressives flip their support of LE position on a dime when their masters tell them to.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @3.1    2 years ago

Exactly, just as libs flip and support LE when they approve of the target.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

Please link the comments of 'progressives' who are vehemently opposed to transparency. I'll wait...

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.3  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

Still waiting Sean. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @3.3    2 years ago

Waiting for what? you don't have to ask my permission to read. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.3.2  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.3.1    2 years ago
Waiting for what?

For you to post something that supports your bullshit allegations. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4  TᵢG    2 years ago

When Trump opens his mouth, one can be assured that lies will ooze out:

Minutes after Attorney General Merrick Garland's remarks, former President Donald Trump posted a comment on Truth Social that did not address the attorney, but instead criticized predecessor Barack Obama.

Trump said he wants to know what happened to the records Obama and his aides took with them when they left the White House in 2017, saying "the Fake News Media refuses to talk about that. They want it CANCELED!"

The cases are nothing alike.

Obama officials transferred their records through the National Archives to their home base in Chicago, where they planned to digitize them for inclusion in their presidential library.

Trump allegedly took boxes of items to his home in Mar-a-Lago, prompting complaints from the National Archives that led to the current investigation and this week's search of the president's home.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Awaiting the bombshell revelations. Shouldn't take long to go through 15 boxes of stuff.

Time for show and tell Merriick.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @5    2 years ago

It has already been revealed that Trump had, at a private residence, documents of the highest level of classification.    

That is not allowed and a PotUS cannot, on his own, declassify such documents.    Thus it was entirely wrong (and dangerous for the security of our nation) for Trump to be holding these documents in his home rather than at a secured government facility.   Fundamental problem, Greg.

What is not yet known is why the FBI had to resort to physically entering Trump's home to retrieve the documents.   Common sense suggests that Trump was resisting attempts to secure these documents without such fanfare.   Common sense suggests that Garland would not run the political risk of publicly invading the private residence of a former PotUS without good justification.

But all we can do is speculate, so let's just see how this unfolds.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Greg Jones @5    2 years ago
Awaiting the bombshell revelations. Shouldn't take long to go through 15 boxes of stuff.

Yep. We know now that  wrongly possessing the highest level of classified documents doesn't even merit a slap on the wrist from the DOJ. So what was the crime that necessitated a raid? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2    2 years ago
We know now that  wrongly possessing the highest level of classified documents doesn't even merit a slap on the wrist from the DOJ.

We do? How so Sean? 

Oh, and how was the 'slap on the wrist' adjudicated and rendered Sean?

Was there a prosecution?

A trial?

A guilty verdict and then a sentencing? 

Of whom, by whom? 

Please provide me with some clarification and evidence of your allegation. 

Conversely, you could just admit that you yanked it out of your nether region. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @5.2.1    2 years ago
and how was the 'slap on the wrist' adjudicated and rendered Sean?

I don't think you understand what "doesn't even merit a slap on the wrist" means. 

Why don't you look it up and ask  cogent questions, if you are really so uninformed as to not know what I'm talking about. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.2    2 years ago
I don't think you understand what "doesn't even merit a slap on the wrist" means. 

Oh, my bad Sean, I thought you were advocating for 'wrongly possessing the highest level of classified documents' TO warrant a slap on the wrist. 

So, how do 'we now know' it doesn't Sean? Please provide a link to an example.

Oh, and I am still waiting for you to support your claim about progressives. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.4  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.2    2 years ago

Here's cogent question I'm waiting for an answer for Sean:

Got a cogent answer?