╌>

Karine Jean-Pierre clashes with CNN's Don Lemon on Biden's 'semi-fascism' jab against GOP | Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  38 comments

By:   Joseph Wulfsohn (Fox News)

Karine Jean-Pierre clashes with CNN's Don Lemon on Biden's 'semi-fascism' jab against GOP | Fox News
White House spokeswoman Karine Jean-Pierre had a testy exchange with CNN's Don Lemon over President Biden's comments describing the GOP as "semi-fascism."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre had a heated clash with CNN anchor Don Lemon on President Biden's latest attack directed at Republicans.

At a Thursday fundraiser in Maryland ahead of a rally appearance, Biden reiterated his "MAGA" attacks on the right, linking their ideology to "semi-fascism."

"What we're seeing now is either the beginning or the death knell of an extreme MAGA philosophy," Biden said. "It's not just Trump, it's the entire philosophy that underpins the — I'm going to say something, it's like semi-fascism."

During an appearance on CNN, Jean-Pierre was pressed about the president's comments.

"What exactly is semi-fascism, Karine?" Lemon asked.

"Thank you for having me because this is really important," Jean-Pierre said from outside the White House. "The American people have a choice in front of them and the president laid that out very clearly, very powerfully tonight. When you look at what Democrats are doing and what they are delivering, and what they have done, Don, in less than two years, which is lowering costs on prescription drugs, lowering the energy costs, making sure that we have this historic legislation to really deal with [the] climate crisis. All of these things are important —"

"And they are," Lemon interrupted. "Karine, I want to get to all of those things with all due respect, but we have a short time. I'm going to get to all those things, but if you'll answer my question."

"I am," Jean-Pierre shot back. "I was just about to get to your question. I really was… You brought me on the show for a reason. And I have to talk about — "

"I understand that, I just have limited time with you," Lemon cut in again. "I just want to make sure that we get all the answers."

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre holds the daily press briefing at the White House in Washington on Thursday. (Reuters)

"Well, by having this back and forth, we are actually taking away from the time. So here we go," the press secretary responded.\

"So what we're seeing from Republicans and what we have seen from Republicans these past several years is that they are attacking our democracy. They are taking away our freedom. And they are trying to put on the chopping blocks Medicare and Social Security. That's what we are seeing, and it's being done — if you look at the Republican Party, it is being done by this element, this MAGA element of the Republican Party. And that is what we are trying to prevent. That's what you heard from the president today," she told Lemon.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre had a testy exchange with CNN anchor Don Lemon on Thursday night. (CNN)

Earlier this year, President Biden rolled out a catchphrase trying to negatively characterize the GOP as "ultra-MAGA, referring to former President Donald Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan.

It was later revealed that the label was the result of a six-month, liberal-funded focus group research project.

Joseph A. Wulfsohn is a media reporter for Fox News Digital. Story tips can be sent to joseph.wulfsohn@fox.com and on Twitter: @JosephWulfsohn.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago

Gee, even liberal stalwart Lemon can't get a straight, coherent answer from the WH press secretary.

Or was he asking such a 'tough' question in order to keep his job at CNN?

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.1  squiggy  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago

The last time around, the word was 'deplorable' and it didn't work out well for that bitch either.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago

The "Biden as the Great Uniter" farce has been exposed.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @2    2 years ago
The "Biden as the Great Uniter" farce has been exposed.

I don't think there is any benefit uniting with right wing conservative fascists who tried to install their authoritarian leader as President by violently attacking our nations capital in an attempt to demolish 240+ years of constitutionally mandated peaceful transfers of power.

Fascism: noun - an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.

Fascists have charismatic dictators with hyper-masculine personality cults. (Trump - check!) These regimes generally evince a hyper-nationalist ethos (white nationalists - check!), a cult of violence (Jan 6th - check!), mass mobilization of a particular group often racially or culturally united (white conservative Christian grievance - check!), high levels of repression (stripping women of right to privacy - check!), powerful propaganda machines (Fox News/right wing media - check!) and imperialist projects (Make America Great Again for racist white conservative Christians - check!).

I think it was too kind of Biden to call it semi-fascism.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1    2 years ago

Sorry. not a fan of your and Biden's Chicken Little-isms.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.2  bugsy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1    2 years ago
I think it was too kind of Biden to call it semi-fascism.

Yes because to double down on what was one of the biggest causes of Hillary losing in 2016 is always the best to unify a country.

Biden is going to take an ass beating in a short amount of time.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago

One would like to think that Biden's handlers would at least clue the WH Press Secretary in on the latest buzzwords to call conservatives and tell her how to spin what Joe really meant.

Such a disconnect!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @3    2 years ago

Karine Jean-Pierre is obviously in over her head.

Then again, she was only chosen for one reason.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

two

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.2  bugsy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.1    2 years ago

Actually 3

1. Black

2. Lesbian

3. Woman

Even she admitted it on her first day on the job.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
3.1.3  afrayedknot  replied to  bugsy @3.1.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]  Admitting to he she is doesn’t allow condemnation.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.4  bugsy  replied to  afrayedknot @3.1.3    2 years ago

Actually, [deleted] it is those that make the claim of someone being any of what you claim the actual what you claim.

Now, explain to our readers why my comment was what you believe it is.

It would be interesting to see how your feelings override all else.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
3.1.5  afrayedknot  replied to  bugsy @3.1.4    2 years ago

“…it is those that make the claim of someone being any of what you claim the actual what you claim.

Now, explain…”

…feel free. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.6  bugsy  replied to  afrayedknot @3.1.5    2 years ago
Now, explain…”

Nope. I told you to do so first, but it is obvious you won't

Why?

Because you can't.

BTW....Today I identify as a black gay man, so by liberal law, you can't call me any of the above, or, also by liberal law, you will be labeled all of them.

Apology accepted.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @3.1.3    2 years ago

Criticism of her does NOT make one any of those labels.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.8  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.7    2 years ago

It is a requirement of leftists to accuse others of what they themselves are.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
3.1.9  afrayedknot  replied to  bugsy @3.1.6    2 years ago

“…Today I identify as a black gay man..,”

So, bugs, in your condensation, do tell what a black gay man must deal with every minute of every day. You have no fucking idea, but…

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @3.1.9    2 years ago
do tell what a black gay man must deal with every minute of every day.

Will you tell what you must deal with every minute of every day?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
3.1.11  afrayedknot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.10    2 years ago

wtf?

As a white man in his sixties, societally I have absolutely nothing to deal with.

It is only dealing with those that don’t get it. Not nearly the same…but still head shaking. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.12  bugsy  replied to  afrayedknot @3.1.9    2 years ago
So, bugs, in your condensation, do tell what a black gay man must deal with every minute of every day. You have no fucking idea, but…

Well, unfortunately for you, about 10 minutes after I identified as a gay black man, I no longer did, so I am no longer able to describe what you requested. However, shortly after I no longer identified as a black gay male, I then identified as a triggered middle aged white liberal male, and fortunately, I still do to this moment, so maybe I can give my feelings on many white liberals surely feel....

I wake up every morning feeling perpetually offended

I have the forever feeling that I need to tell others how they should feel

I hate anyone that does not think like me

I feel the need to insult and throw racist slurs at any minority that dares escape from the liberal plantation that I demand they vote the way I want.

Hope that helps

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @3.1.11    2 years ago

I’m glad that you remain issue free.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.14  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.13    2 years ago
I’m glad that you remain issue free.

We have found that over the years, most white liberals believe it is everyone else with the issues.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4  Hallux    2 years ago

Yawn!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @4    2 years ago

[deleted]

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.1.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @4.1.1    2 years ago

And yet, for all your blustery words, here you came trotting right along!

Thanks!

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.1.3  afrayedknot  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.2    2 years ago

We’re both pathetic, then  Take care, tex…

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @4.1.3    2 years ago
We’re both pathetic,

Do speak for yourself only.

Do not include me.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    2 years ago

WTF?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

KJP is the most incoherent press secretary in American history.

That aside, fascism is typically exemplified by the illegal expansion of executive power , like usurping the legislature to give perks to supporters by Presidential order. 

Just another day in Biden's bizzarro America, where fascists call themselves  anti-fascist and decentralizing power is fascism. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    2 years ago
KJP is the most incoherent press secretary in American history.

She is kind of fascinating to watch.

You just never know what will pop out of her mouth, or what interesting spin she will make on something.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    2 years ago
She is kind of fascinating to watch.

I agree, her press conferences are truly fascinating.  It's how I would expect an eighth  grader to  handle the job given a few hour prep. She gives a rote thank you for the question, tries to find something related to the topic in  her binder  and then reads from it without really seeming to grasp the meaning of what she is saying.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.1    2 years ago

I tell you, Biden's handlers are doing a piss-poor job of prepping her!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.1    2 years ago
"She gives a rote thank you for the question, tries to find something related to the topic in  her binder  and then reads from it without really seeming to grasp the meaning of what she is saying."

Exactly!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6  Sunshine    2 years ago

Lemon is attempting to be a journalist with some integrity.  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sunshine @6    2 years ago
Lemon is attempting to be a journalist with some integrity. 

Too little and way too late.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    2 years ago

I give Don some credit for trying to be a journalist, for a change. Maybe he's highly motivated. I hear they're firing people at CNN.

Having said that, I don't know why they bother having these administration people on. They never answer a straight question with a straight answer.

they are attacking our democracy. They are taking away our freedom.

This is the same vague nonsense that people in both parties always say about the other.

And they are trying to put on the chopping blocks Medicare and Social Security

Republicans have long tried to rein in social entitlements on fiscal grounds. That doesn't make them fascist, or even semi-fascist. If this is your best argument for fascism, it's a terrible one.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago
Earlier this year, President Biden rolled out a catchphrase trying to negatively characterize the GOP as "ultra-MAGA, referring to formerPresident Donald Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan. It was later revealed that the label was the result of a six-month, liberal-funded focus group research project.

Exactly, anyone can see why that would take a liberal-funded focus group six months.