╌>

Raphael Warnock's income doubled during his first year in Senate

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  gregtx  •  2 years ago  •  27 comments

Raphael Warnock's income doubled during his first year in Senate
Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-GA) saw his income more than double during his first year in the Senate, according to his recently filed financial disclosure.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-GA) saw his income more than double during his first year in the Senate, according to his recently filed financial disclosure.

The $164,816 salary Warnock received from the Senate in 2021 represented just a fraction of the total income he earned throughout the year, his financial disclosure shows. The Georgia Democrat also received $120,965 for his service as the head pastor of Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta and a $243,750 advance for his memoir, "A Way Out of No Way."

Warnock's combined income of $532,781 in 2021 is more than double the $221,601 he earned in 2020 before he defeated former Georgia GOP Sen. Kelly Loeffler in early 2021, the Washington Free Beaconreported.

WARNOCK RAISES $240,000 FROM BIG PHARMA EXECS DESPITE CALLS TO LOWER DRUG COSTS

Warnock had criticized Loeffler during his 2020 campaign for using her position in the Senate for her personal enrichment.

Raphael Warnock on Loeffler: "I'm OK with the fact that she wants to make money. I just think you shouldn't use the people's seat to enrich yourself. You should use the people's seat to represent the people." — Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) December 7, 2020

Warnock took advantage of a little-known Senate loophole to rake so much from Ebenezer Baptist Church in 2021.

House and Senate rules prohibit lawmakers from earning more than 15% of their congressional pay in outside salary, which in Warnock's case would have been around $25,000 in 2021.

But Warnock was able to collect $120,965 from the church in 2021 because he classified all the proceeds as benefits from the church. Benefits are not subject to the outside income limits, the Atlanta Journal-Constitutionreported.

Most of the pastoral benefits Warnock received in 2021, $89,000, came in the form of housing payments that the senator's campaign described as a "personal parsonage allowance."

Warnock's Atlanta home is worth just over $1 million, according to Fulton County property records reviewed by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The Senate Ethics Committee signed off on Warnock's pastoral benefits package, he reported in his 2021 financial disclosure.

"Receipt of benefits from Ebenezer Baptist Church approved by Senate Ethics Committee for CY 2021," Warnock reported.

Warnock's financial boon in 2021 came amid allegations from his ex-wife in February that year that the senator had left her "financially strapped" over unpaid child care expenditures despite his "substantial" increase in income from his new position in the Senate.

Warnock faces Republican challenger Herschel Walker in this November's midterm elections. Warnock held a slight polling lead of 47.6% to Walker's 43.2% in July, according to the RealClearPolitics average.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    2 years ago

I'm sure the usual suspect(s) will be along shortly to properly disparage and denounce this hypocritical "thumper"..... or not...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @1    2 years ago
I'm sure the usual suspect(s) will be along shortly to properly disparage and denounce this hypocritical "thumper"..... or not...

Oh, I am not so sure.

Hypocrisy won't allow them to condemn a Democrat for anything. And unless I am mistaken, 'thumper' only applies to people who are religious and vote Republican.

Hallux
Masters Principal
2  Hallux    2 years ago

Peanuts compared to what Hershel Walker makes.

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Hallux @2    2 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @2    2 years ago
Peanuts compared to what Hershel Walker makes.

Now, that there would be a real point IF the article was about Hershel Walker.

It isn't, so your statement is mere deflection.

Hallux
Masters Principal
2.2.1  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2    2 years ago

The article is a deflection. You'll figure it out eventually.

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.2.2  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Hallux @2.2.1    2 years ago

The seed itself is a deflection?  Please do tell....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @2.2.2    2 years ago
The seed itself is a deflection? 

Some folks are convinced of an illusion that anything negative posted about Democrats is merely deflecting from SOMETHING.

I'll let you know when they decide WHAT we are deflecting FROM!

Assuming that one day THEY figure it out.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @2.2.1    2 years ago
The article is a deflection.

From WHAT?????????????????

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hallux @2    2 years ago

Exactly, many football stars waste their money and don't get endorsement offers.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Is Warnock the lesser of two evils or simply the only available alternative to electing a moron to represent the people of Georgia in the US Senate?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

A radical or a moron?

Let's vote for the moron!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

Well, Georgia DOES have TWO Democrats as Senators, so I think we see what was elected.

Hallux
Masters Principal
3.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago
Let's vote for the moron!

You apparently always do.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

I assume you would vote for Warnock on the theory that his opponent is a moron. Or do you want more morons in the senate? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

Warnock qualifies as both a radical and moron...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.3    2 years ago

It's very simple John. A radical leftist does more damage than a moron.

Picture Biden without all the radical policies. He wouldn't be that bad at all.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.5    2 years ago

if elected, walker will perfectly represent the trump contingent of the GOP, both in and out of the senate chambers.

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.1.7  seeder  GregTx  replied to  devangelical @3.1.6    2 years ago

Since Hallux seems incapable of clarifying a simple statement, perhaps you can? Somehow I doubt it.....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @3.1.6    2 years ago

Believe it or not the most recent poll has Walker ahead:

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

Amazing, given all the voter blocking the repubs did there.

GregTx
PhD Guide
4.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4    2 years ago

No doubt...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4    2 years ago
Amazing, given all the voter blocking the repubs did there.

Yeah, all that fake voter suppression has really been proven, huh?

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    2 years ago

I am just going to anticipate there are no good people, saints of the Most High Ground, speaking ill of a fellow believer!  /s

Leaving this to God to confirm.

GregTx
PhD Guide
5.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  CB @5    2 years ago

Why would anyone speak ill of a fellow believer?

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.1  CB  replied to  GregTx @5.1    2 years ago

Good. Just checking that the brotherhood and sisterhood of faith is being genuine as the Lord loves us to be. :) Hypocrisy should not be mentioned amongst the faithful ones who carry the mantle of truth near to their breasts.

charger 383
Professor Silent
6  charger 383    2 years ago

Walker is the better of 2 lousy candidates and is not a preacher