╌>

Border Patrol agents slam Karine Jean-Pierre's 'ignorant' claim that illegal immigrants not 'walking' across

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  43 comments

By:   Adam Shaw (Fox News)

Border Patrol agents slam Karine Jean-Pierre's 'ignorant' claim that illegal immigrants not 'walking' across
The White House's claim that illegal immigrants are not just "walking across the border" has infuriated Border Patrol agents who spoke to Fox News Digital.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

EXCLUSIVE: White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre's claim that illegal immigrants aren't just "walking across" the southern border has sparked anger and shock from Border Patrol agents - who witness hundreds of migrants flooding across the border every single day.

"How out of touch can this administration possibly be?" one agent told Fox News. "Well I guess this is a new level."

Jean-Pierre was asked on Monday why migrants are allowed to illegally enter the U.S. without being vaccinated for COVID-19 but an unvaccinated foreign national traveling on a plane is not.

"Somebody unvaccinated comes over on a plane. You say that's not OK. Somebody walks into Texas or Arizona unvaccinated, they're allowed to stay? Why?" Fox News White House Correspondent Peter Doocy asked at the White House press briefing.

A U.S. Border Patrol agent speaks with immigrants before transporting some of them to a processing center on December 09, 2021 in Yuma, Arizona. (Photo by John Moore/Getty Images) (Getty Images)

"But that's not how it works," Jean-Pierre said.

"That's what's happening," Doocy said. "I know that's not what you guys want to happen. But that is what is happening."

"But that's not — it's not like somebody walks over," Jean-Pierre responded.

Jean-Pierre went on to outline what the administration had done in terms of the border, including more DHS funding and cooperation with other countries -- contrasting it to what she said was the prior administration's focus on building a wall.

"It is not that simple. It's not just that people are walking across the border," she said. "We have a plan in place."

Border Patrol agents are on the frontlines dealing with migrants coming across the border in their droves. Migrants encountered by Border Patrol are generally processed and released into the U.S. often within hours of apprehensions. Meanwhile there are more than half a million illegal immigrants who have evaded Border Patrol this fiscal year alone.

Agents were stunned by the remarks.

"There's only two reasons she said that and that is either she is extremely dumb or she is flat out lying and hopes America is so stupid we would believe her," one agent told Fox News Digital. "18 USC 1001 says it is a Federal Crime to knowingly make false statements to the U.S. Government. Too bad the government is not held to the same standard as the citizenry and that is assuming [Jean-Pierre] is not dumb but just a liar."

A number of agents Fox spoke with were unsure of whether the comments were borne out of what they saw as ignorance or were a deliberate falsehood.

"She is absolutely ignorant to the reality of all the documented footage or just continuing [Homeland Security Secretary] Mayorkas' delusional lie!" another agent said. "This administration must believe that the American people are fools, like their mainstream media comrades!"

"Wow," another said. "It amazes me how so many totally ignorant people are high in government."

Others noted the White House's general reluctance to visit the border itself - President Biden has not visited the border, and Vice President Kamala Harris' last visit was summer 2021.

"Has [Jean-Pierre] EVER visited the actual border to see for herself what is happening? Nope," an agent said.

The comments by agents come a day after National Border Patrol Council Brandon Judd accused the administration of deflecting on the issue, and said it shows the White House does not care about the border crisis.

"They don't care that hundreds of thousands of people are dying because of drug overdoses, because of these illegal immigrants that are coming across the borders illegally, that the cartels then create the opportunities. They don't care what is currently happening. They know that it's not hurting them. So they're going to continue to lie to the American public," he said.

The controversy comes as the border came close to another 200,000 migrant encounters in July, the fifth month in a row where the numbers have either approached or beaten the 200,000 level.

There have so far been more than two million migrant encounters this fiscal year, exceeding the record-setting 1.7 million hit in fiscal year 2021. While some are returned via Title 42 public health restrictions -- which the White House is seeking to abolish -- most are currently being released into the U.S.

The Biden administration has come under fire for its "root cause" strategy of targeting what it believes are the drivers of migration, like poverty and violence in Central America. Republicans have instead blamed the administration for fueling the crisis with its stopping of Trump-era border policies like wall construction and the "Remain-in-Mexico" program, as well as lax interior enforcement.

The Biden administration has noted its moves to reduce asylum times and a recent anti-smuggling campaign. But it has repeatedly said that its approach is a long-term strategy and will not lead to results in the short-term -- a claim which Jean-Pierre repeated on Monday.

"We have a plan in place. This is not like switching the lights on. Right?" she said. "This is going to take a process. We are fixing a broken system that was actually left by the last administration."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Karine Jean-Pierre is to be pitied. She was chosen for a job she can't handle.

Her only qualifications were race and gender.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago
Her only qualifications were race and gender.

Add her sexual orientation to Biden's "diversity" quota.

When Peter Doocy asked her to explain how 1 MILLION Fentanyl pills made it across the AZ border at Nogales in one week when the border is allegedly closed, she had the audacity to say that they're securing the southern border. Before that, Mayorkas had repeatedly stated that the border IS secure and closed. 

We are fixing a broken system that was actually left by the last administration."

LIAR! These people actually believe that Americans are stupid.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1    2 years ago
These people actually believe that Americans are stupid.

The people will have the chance to prove to them that they are not stupid on November 8th.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.1.2  goose is back  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1    2 years ago
LIAR! These people actually believe that Americans are stupid.

Its come to the point where anything that Democrats say the opposite is TRUE!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

I sure hope so, Vic. Around 300 people per DAY are being POISONED by China/Mexico Fentanyl every week. Mexican cartels are making billions of dollars a year on killing us. Now, they created "Rainbow Fentanyl" to attract children who think it's candy. These poison pills look like Sweet Tarts and Star Bursts. They even manufacture it to look like colorful sidewalk chalk.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  goose is back @1.1.2    2 years ago
Its come to the point where anything that Democrats say the opposite is TRUE!

We've seen dozens of examples of this.

We've also seen examples of Democrats accusing Republicans of things, but it's been Democrats doing those things ... not Republicans.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.3    2 years ago

Isn't it amazing that China is now sending Fentanyl to the US? It seems like everything short of a nuclear strike. There is no fear of the US.

Mexican cartels are making billions of dollars a year on killing us.

Those cartels are more powerful than the Mexican government. We now have them controlling much of our border and it's all thanks to Susan & Joe.

Now, they created "Rainbow Fentanyl" to attract children who think it's candy. These poison pills look like Sweet Tarts and Star Bursts.

I wonder if people fully understand that this isn't about OD's?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    2 years ago
Isn't it amazing that China is now sending Fentanyl to the US? It seems like everything short of a nuclear strike. There is no fear of the US.

The CCP didn't kill enough of us with Covid, so they're ramping up the Fentanyl shipments to Mexico.

Those cartels are more powerful than the Mexican government. We now have them controlling much of our border and it's all thanks to Susan & Joe.

Mexico has always been a corrupt country. I have relatives and friends who live there, and I've spent a lot of time there in the past.

I wonder if people fully understand that this isn't about OD's?

They don't, because politicians and the media ... including FNC ... continue to wrongly and stupidly label these poisonings as ODs. You don't even need to ingest one of these pills. Even touching the "dust" from them with a bare hand can kill you.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.6    2 years ago
The CCP didn't kill enough of us with Covid, so they're ramping up the Fentanyl shipments to Mexico.

Why not make money on it as well?

Mexico has always been a corrupt country. I have relatives and friends who live there, and I've spent a lot of time there in the past.

I can only imagine what life there is like.

They don't, because politicians and the media ... including FNC ... continue to wrongly and stupidly label these poisonings as ODs. You don't even need to ingest one of these pills. Even touching the "dust" from them with a bare hand can kill you.

And much of it is carefully disguised as other drugs.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.7    2 years ago
I can only imagine what life there is like.

Most of my visits were in the '60s, '70s, and '80s and the people I stayed with were wealthy - maids, chauffeurs, guards, etc. A completely different life than what we've seen illegally pour across our border.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.7    2 years ago

In 2020 the DEA issued a report on Fentanyl and the main sources were Mexico and China with India becoming a new player. 

The CBP just confiscated 50,000 lethal doses of Fentanyl in Louisville that came in from India.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.9    2 years ago

We know

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.8    2 years ago
A completely different life than what we've seen illegally pour across our border.

The US has always been where Mexico sends it's poor. it's disenchanted, it's others, & it's unwanted.

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.1.12  charger 383  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    2 years ago

and we have leaders dumb enough to let them come.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.10    2 years ago
We know

I didn't see where you mentioned India in the fentanyl being shipped to the US. Since they are supposedly an ally that buys oil from weapons and oil from Russia and is now joining China and Russia in war games, one has to wonder how much of an ally are they? Add to that a huge supplier of illegal fentanyl to the US.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.13    2 years ago

Maybe when natural resources like fresh water become scarce and China cuts off the rivers flowing down to India, they'll act like an ally?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.14    2 years ago

Fresh water is already scarce in China as many of the rivers and lakes have dried up in an unprecedented drought in China. 

In fact, they have closed numerous factories because of the lack of water. 

It's been all over the media.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.16  Jasper2529  replied to  Kavika @1.1.9    2 years ago

That doesn't alter the fact that tens of millions of Chinese-made Fentanyl pills and bags of powder have entered through our open border via Mexican cartels since Biden took office, and that 300 people per day have been poisoned/killed on Biden's watch.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.17  Jasper2529  replied to  charger 383 @1.1.12    2 years ago

Buuuuuuut ... these leaders keep telling us that the border is controlled, secure, and closed! 

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Kavika   replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.16    2 years ago
That doesn't alter the fact that tens of millions of Chinese-made Fentanyl pills and bags of powder have entered through our open border via Mexican cartels since Biden took office, and that 300 people per day have been poisoned/killed on Biden's watch.

Never said it did alter the fact but added information to it that is a fact as well. Fentanyl is part of the opioid disaster the US faces. Fentanyl came into the US around 2013 and has been a growing problem ever since under three presidents. Indeed much of it comes across the US/Mexican border and the US mail is another way that it comes into the US. In 2018 it killed 20,000 Americans. 

So as you can see I didn't try to alter any facts but added to them to show how long this has been a problem in the US. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.19  Jasper2529  replied to  Kavika @1.1.18    2 years ago
In 2018 it killed 20,000 Americans.

And, in FY2021, during Biden's presidency and open borders policy, Fentanyl killed over 100,000 Americans. We still have another month before FY2022 final numbers are in, but those will be high, too.

By the way, I did not say that you altered facts. 

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
1.2  dennissmith  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Pierre must think they cross the border with flying jet packs instead of walking across. Calling her a moron is giving morons a bad name.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  dennissmith @1.2    2 years ago

They tell us the border is secure. And we have people here who agree.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  dennissmith @1.2    2 years ago
Pierre must think they cross the border with flying jet packs instead of walking across.

Maybe she and the Biden Administration think we're stupid enough to believe that over 3 million illegal aliens were capable of teleporting themselves since Jan 2021? 

Calling her a moron is giving morons a bad name.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.clipartkey.com%2Fmpngs%2Fm%2F5-54746_thumbs-up-clipart-holy-trinity-barnsley-logo-free.png&f=1&nofb=1

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

If it doesn't say it in her binder she reads answers from, it doesn't exist in her election denying world. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    2 years ago

She even sometimes says "I don't have anything here on that."  Can you imagine what everyone is thinking?

We might be better off with Susan Rice coming out and giving answers.

I'd bet we would get a lot of.."I don't care who likes it, we are doing it!"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Question of the day:

How many believe that what is going on along the southern border is far more serious than what the NT gang wants to talk about?

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.1  GregTx  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    2 years ago

Obviously yes. Hopefully Abbott and Ducy start spreading the love to other sanctuary cities soon and forces the discussion. The White House press secretary is flat out lying. There's no way they're that ignorant. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  GregTx @3.1    2 years ago

I heard this morning that Chicago just got it's first delivery!

charger 383
Professor Silent
3.1.2  charger 383  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    2 years ago

Put them in the bad part of the city and they may want to go back home

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  charger 383 @3.1.2    2 years ago

Oh ya! They'll run all the way back!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    2 years ago
I heard this morning that Chicago just got it's first delivery!

Yep, another proud, welcoming sanctuary city. It's hilarious that Mayor Lightfoot immediately called the illegal alien delivery "racist"!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    2 years ago

75 on two busses.  Texas is sharing the wealth.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @3.1    2 years ago
There's no way they're that ignorant. 

I do believe that will be open for debate after seeing some of the stupid shit they have pulled.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    2 years ago

I imagine Beelejuice is loving that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.4    2 years ago
It's hilarious that Mayor Lightfoot immediately called the illegal alien delivery "racist"!

I am kind of glad she insists on proving she is an idiot.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.9  Jasper2529  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.5    2 years ago
75 on two busses. 

Almost a waste of money for whoever pays for them. Each of those big busses holds at least 50 people.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.10  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.8    2 years ago

She also blames social media for the rampant crime in Chicago.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    2 years ago

"It is not that simple. It's not just that people are walking across the border," she said.

We have a plan in place."   jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas nailed it.  "She is absolutely ignorant to the reality of all the documented footage or just continuing"

And  don't seem to grasp the seriousness of the situation.  The ONLY way it would become a problem for them (Biden and the Bidenites) is when they lose a family member due to this activity.

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
6.1  dennissmith  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 years ago

That is for sure