╌>

Texas Buses Illegal Immigrants To Chicago And Oh No They've All Been Shot

Category:  Satire

Via:  gregtx  •  2 years ago  •  28 comments

Texas Buses Illegal Immigrants To Chicago And Oh No They've All Been Shot
HOUSTON, TX — Governor Abbott has responded to the ongoing border crisis by bussing illegal immigrants to other parts of the country to see how they like it. The only problem is Abbott made the mistake of bussing some of them to Chicago and everyone has now been shot.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

HOUSTON, TX — Governor Abbott has responded to the ongoing border crisis by bussing illegal immigrants to other parts of the country to see how they like it. The only problem is Abbott made the mistake of bussing some of them to Chicago and everyone has now been shot.

"I've made a huge mistake," said Governor Abbott as the bullet-ridden bus returned to Texas moments before the engine gave out for good. "I just wanted other Governors to take the issue more seriously as they too had to share in the socioeconomic strain the border crisis puts on us. But why oh why did we send a bus to Chicago?! Forgive me!"

According to sources, the bus driver was the sole survivor from the less than 10-minute excursion into the city of Chigaco. "Look I've been to Chigaco before and I know you have to come prepared," said the bus driver, Doug McDaniels, wearing a full set of SWAT body armor. "The craziest thing about it was that this trip was actually just a mild gunfire day. Normally I have to call for a rooftop helicopter evac just to escape the city."

Governor Abbott has been heavily criticized by the media for his reckless decision to send the helpless immigrants to an active warzone where they were immediately gunned down. Mayor Lori Lightfoot on the other hand was celebrated for her commitment to making all of Chicago one giant policeless and lawless safe space with gun violence equity for all races.

At publishing time, another bus returned to Texas from Los Angeles with the news that everyone on the bus had contracted Monkeypox and been stabbed by the homeless before ultimately dying from fentanyl exposure.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    2 years ago

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.1  squiggy  replied to  GregTx @1    2 years ago

I'm tired of people writing these sick, twisted words. It's 'busing'.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  squiggy @1.1    2 years ago

jrSmiley_40_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Chicago isnt even in the 25 most dangerous US cities. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

If you ignore murder statistics.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.1.1  Gazoo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1    2 years ago

If you don’t it’s in the top ten.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1    2 years ago

Everyone always compares on a "per capita" number. That doesn't give one the whole of the problem and actual quantity of occurrences.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1    2 years ago
If you ignore murder statistics.

And also if you compare apples to orangutans like comparing small towns of 40 or 50,000 people with a big city of millions.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

Tell that to the Black people who live there

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.3  seeder  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

Oh, it isnt?.. Why, you're right it's 31st. I'm sure that will ease Abbott's mind more than enough to continue offering rides to Chitown.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

The mayor's office ranked protection as the most important service the city will provide:

“As a city, we are doing everything we can to ensure these immigrants and their families can receive shelter, food, and most importantly — protection ,” said a spokesperson in a statement from the mayor’s office Wednesday night.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.5.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.5    2 years ago

”As a city, we are doing everything we can to ensure these immigrants and their families can receive shelter, food, and most importantly — protection”

Is this not the responsibility of every municipality, every state, every nation? 

In what world do you live where these basic necessities should be denied, regardless of legal status that has yet to be adjudicated? 

Certainly not America. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.5.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @2.5.1    2 years ago
Is this not the responsibility of every municipality, every state, every nation? 

Responsibility yes, priority no.  I live in Fairfax Va, we have a very low crime rate and very expensive housing.  Providing housing would be the number one priority here.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.6  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

According to this article in the NY Times , (want to compare sources?) Chicago is #7 for murders. That is particularly significant given that it's a very large city that - in addition to criminals - is populated with affluent people in tall, secure buildings or living in low-crime suburban areas, and in theory should have a large, effective police force.

It's easy to find random small towns (like those appearing in the list that you offer) that can be said to have "violent crime" - a vague term.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.7  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

Just more unfunny satire

Ho hum

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Big city like Chicago should able to handle a few migrants.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago
Big city like Chicago

Carl knew Chicago:

Hog Butcher for the World,
Tool Maker, Stacker of Wheat,
Player with Railroads and the Nation's Freight Handler;
Stormy, husky, brawling,
City of the Big Shoulders:

They tell me you are wicked and I believe them, for I have seen your painted women under the gas lamps luring the farm boys.
And they tell me you are crooked and I answer: Yes, it is true I have seen the gunman kill and go free to kill again.
And they tell me you are brutal and my reply is: On the faces of women and children I have seen the marks of wanton hunger.
And having answered so I turn once more to those who sneer at this my city, and I give them back the sneer and say to them:
Come and show me another city with lifted head singing so proud to be alive and coarse and strong and cunning.
Flinging magnetic curses amid the toil of piling job on job, here is a tall bold slugger set vivid against the little soft cities;
Fierce as a dog with tongue lapping for action, cunning as a savage pitted against the wilderness,
Bareheaded,
Shoveling,
Wrecking,

Planning,
Building, breaking, rebuilding,
Under the smoke, dust all over his mouth, laughing with white teeth,
Under the terrible burden of destiny laughing as a young man laughs,
Laughing even as an ignorant fighter laughs who has never lost a battle,
Bragging and laughing that under his wrist is the pulse, and under his ribs the heart of the people,
Laughing!
Laughing the stormy, husky, brawling laughter of Youth, half-naked, sweating, proud to be Hog Butcher, Tool Maker, Stacker of Wheat, Player with Railroads and Freight Handler to the Nation.

Bragging and laughing indeed.