╌>

Fetterman agrees to one debate with GOP rival Oz in Pennsylvania Senate contest

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  36 comments

By:   Joseph Weber (Just The News)

Fetterman agrees to one debate with GOP rival Oz in Pennsylvania Senate contest
GOP rival Dr. Mehmet Oz has been pressuring Fetterman to agree to a series of debates beginning in early September.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Pennsylvania Democrat Senate nominee John Fetterman has agreed to one debate with GOP rival Dr. Mehmet Oz, amid efforts to recover from a mid-May stroke, in a key general election race that will help determine whose political party will next control the Senate.

"We're absolutely going to debate Dr. Oz, and that was really always our intent to do that," Fetterman told the news outlet Politico on Wednesday. "It was just simply only ever been about addressing some of the lingering issues of the stroke, the auditory processing, and we're going to be able to work that out."

Oz has been pressuring Fetterman to agree to a series of debates beginning in early September. The medical doctor has said he understands his political opponent's health condition but also accuses him of being unwilling to defend his liberal policies and campaign platform.

Fetterman declined to say which among the proposed debates he will attend or provide an exact date. However, he also told Politico the lone debate will be "sometime in the middle to end of October" on a "major television station" in the state.

He also said his campaign is considering using a closed captioning monitor for the debate so that he does not miss any words as he continues to recover from his stroke.

Fetterman and his campaign in recent weeks rejected debates with Oz and his campaign, saying the accommodations they offered weren't serious.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's editorial board said this week that if Fetterman "is not well enough to debate his opponent, that raises serious concerns about his ability to serve as a United States senator."

The newspaper also criticized the Oz campaign's "antics" related to debate negotiations.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

I am certain that the Fetterman campaign has felt the heat coming from Tucker Carlson.

Last night's show was one for the ages as Carlson dissected John Fetterman:

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

I watched a few minutes of this but I'm not going to waste 18 minutes of my life on Tucker Carlson. 

We recently had a president of the United States who ILLEGALLY received hundreds of millions of dollars from his mother and father, passed down through tax dodges that prosecutors said would have been indicted as criminal offenses except for the fact that the statute of limitations had run out. In 2018 the NYT had a long long, almost book length article about this, after Mary Trump gave them boxes full of documents with the proof. 

And Tucker Carlson has not escaped analysis either. There was a scathing article about him and his racist and white supremacist inclinations in the NYT just last year.  And of course Tucker Carlson is one of those people who "never had a real job" either. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 years ago
I watched a few minutes of this but I'm not going to waste 18 minutes of my life on Tucker Carlson. 

LMAO!

We recently had a president of the United States who ILLEGALLY received hundreds of millions of dollars from his mother and father, passed down through tax dodges that prosecutors said would have been indicted as criminal offenses except for the fact that the statute of limitations had run out. In 2018 the NYT had a long long, almost book length article about this, after Mary Trump gave them boxes full of documents with the proof. 

Don't look now, but you are off topic, John.

And Tucker Carlson has not escaped analysis either. There was a scathing article about him and his racist and white supremacist inclinations in the NYT just last year.  And of course Tucker Carlson is one of those people who "never had a real job" too. 

Is that how you defend Fetterman?  I guess he'll have to defend himself starting with his ideas of law enforcement & justice and ending fracking in PA and legalizing weed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

As I said, I didnt watch much of the video. Im sure Fetterman will defend himself.  Should we post an article about Dr. Oz's ethical shortcomings? How much time do you have? 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 years ago
We recently had a president of the United States who ILLEGALLY received hundreds of millions of dollars from his mother and father,

Yea, whatabout Trump!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

I hate to break it to you, but weed is legalized in many places across the country. Why would it even be a campaign issue? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    2 years ago

Ethics?  In other words, you see this as simply a mud slinging campaign?

Fetterman wants to stop fracking in PA. That has to be the top issue in that state.

He also is a social justice warrior who is soft on criminals. How will that play?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.4    2 years ago

Weed he can get by on. What about his other two policies?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.1.7  afrayedknot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    2 years ago

“How will that play?”

Against an interloper with no ties to whom he hopes to represent? Shades of Clinton in NY? Don’t be hypocritical. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    2 years ago
Should we post an article about Dr. Oz's ethical shortcomings?

Somehow, Oprah was able to look past that.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.9  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago
legalizing weed

That's almost minor, even though today's cannabis has an extremely high level of TCH compared to a decade ago.

Fetterman wants to create needle exchange and "safe injection" sites for opioid addicts. In other words,   he wants to enable opioid addicts to continue their drug abuses rather than help them get out of a downward spiral that is sure to eventually kill them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.9    2 years ago

He's not enabling anyone.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.11    2 years ago
He's not enabling anyone.

This is how your comment 1.1.11 appeared in my Private Notes ...

The NewsTalkers, 09/08/22 02:24:03PM:

A new reply has been posted by Tessylo:
No, he doesn't want people to die of HIV or AIDS due to unclean needles. 

I never said anything about HIV or AIDS in comment 1.1.9, Tessy.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.13  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 years ago

Wah! Wah! What about Trump...who isn't the topic.

stg090522dAPR.jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.9    2 years ago

I'm with you on that. I just think of his 3 policies, weed is the least likely to derail him.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.12    2 years ago

th?id=OIP.fr-1_poWHOx2LmEZxIerYAAAAA&pid=Api&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=100&h=124

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.16  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.14    2 years ago

Thanks. Btw ... I meant THC, not TCH in comment 1.1.9.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.17  devangelical  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.16    2 years ago

THC, saving republican lives for 100 years...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.12    2 years ago

That's a coc violation. 

I changed my comment for a reason.

That's why we're given 15 minutes to edit.

He is not enabling anyone.  He's providing a safe haven for addicts and that's it.  Not enabling them

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.15    2 years ago

He didn't win anything vic.

That has never happened in my experience.

And remember this

It's nice to be important

But it's more important to be nice

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.20  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.18    2 years ago
That's a coc violation. 

I changed my comment for a reason.

That's why we're given 15 minutes to edit.

I copied/pasted directly from my Private Notes before seeing your amended comment, so that's NOT a CoC violation and addressed that comment without knowing that you'd changed it. Please stop creating Meta, Tessy. I'm not your enemy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.20    2 years ago

[I][removed]

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.1.22  squiggy  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.13    2 years ago

Yes. I've often challenged someone to google - fetterman    racist   shotgun - and let them judge for themselves.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago
"is not well enough to debate his opponent, that raises serious concerns about his ability to serve as a United States senator."

oh no, considering that the mentally defective, election denial, and filibuster happy crowd represents half of the senate, fetterman may have to change party affiliation after he's elected.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.2.1  goose is back  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 years ago
oh no, considering that the mentally defective, election denial, and filibuster happy crowd represents half of the senate, fetterman may have to change party affiliation after he's elected

I'd like to see Fetterman and Biden have a debate that would be comical, I could have a more coherent conversation with my dog!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2  Jasper2529    2 years ago

I'm seriously worried about Fetterman's overall health. He clearly has cognitive and speech disabilities now. And, he's allegedly undergone surgeries to have a pacemaker and defibrillator implanted. It's no surprise that he's made himself scarce on the 2022 campaign trail and is very reluctant to have debates with his opponent.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2    2 years ago

So when did you obtain your license to practice medicine?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.1    2 years ago
So when did you obtain your license to practice medicine?

One doesn't need a medical license in order to notice that someone has blatant cognitive or speech disabilities or delays.

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.2  squiggy  replied to  Jasper2529 @2    2 years ago

Often, it's hard to tell the difference between the effects of a stroke and liberal policy.

charger 383
Professor Silent
4  charger 383    2 years ago

Uncle Fester vs Gomez Adams 

"They're Creepy and they're Kooky"   Both of them!

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
6  MonsterMash    2 years ago

Fetterman looks like Uncle Fester.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
7  Gazoo    2 years ago

Fetterman is 53, he lived with his parents till he was 48. Daddy paid him a salary for years.  He bought a house from his sister for one buck. He’s never had a real job. He does not know what it takes to make it on his own, and again, he’s 53. He’s been leaching off his family his entire life, now he wants to leach off the taxpayers. And now with his stroke he makes as much sense (little to none) as biden. 
combine the above info with his ultra liberal ideas and a person would have to be as dumb as a stump to vote for him.