╌>

Candace Owens Believes She Has "Grounds To Sue" George Floyd's Family. Everyone Wants Her To STFU.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  2 years ago  •  53 comments

By:   Candace McDuffie, The Root

Candace Owens Believes She Has "Grounds To Sue" George Floyd's Family. Everyone Wants Her To STFU.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

1a855850-33f6-11eb-b7fb-d21cdefa103a Candace Owens Believes She Has "Grounds To Sue" George Floyd's Family. Everyone Wants Her To STFU.

Candace McDuffie

Tue, October 25, 2022 at 10:34 AM

83ce852de4f74c028a569dc9aee669e0

Candace Owens is seen on set of “Candace” on May 03, 2022 in Nashville, Tennessee.

Candace Owens is yet again running her mouth about things she shouldn’t—especially as it pertains to Black people. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone, especially since she helped Kanye West spearhead his own demise (Adidas   terminated their contract   with the emcee, Balenciaga   ended   their working relationship, CAA dropped Ye as a client, MRC pulled their documentary about him).

Besides a string of   disturbing   anti-Black and anti-semitic remarks, the rapper recently took to   Drink Champs   to say that George Floyd didn’t die at the hands of police in 2020 but from fentanyl—though this has been widely debunked. this particular comment served as the catalyst for Floyd’s family serving the rapper a   cease-and-desist   as well as a possible $250 million lawsuit.

Owens’ response to the news on her podcast last week was a predictable one. “I’m also sick of frivolous lawsuits,” she stated. “You know, if this is actually considered credible — if you can sue somebody because you’re feeling ’emotionally distressed’ because of them going out and saying things — well then I think that I have grounds to sue George Floyd’s estate.”

She didn’t stop there.

“I have grounds to sue George Floyd’s family for doing this little PR stunt. It’s causing me a ton of distress. I feel angry and I feel upset with the fact that I am fighting for Black America to be freed from the lies, while these people are fighting to keep them in the dark...This is unacceptable. I’m serious. I’m going to go out and I’m going to ask lawyers ‘If this is legitimate, can I sue George Floyd’s family?’ Because I should be able to.”

Floyd’s family has endured insurmountable loss and the fact that misinformation continues to be spread is not just infuriating but incredibly cruel. Hopefully, these antics will eventually subside.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    2 years ago

You and Kanye need to STFU

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1    2 years ago

g38904.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago

Bitch proves that hate and lies sell (to the gop/gqp/republicans)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @1    2 years ago

Candace Owens makes her money by pandering to white right wingers. 

End of story. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    2 years ago
Candace Owens is yet again running her mouth about things she shouldn’t—especially as it pertains to Black people.

Author completely misses that Candace Owens is black. Or did she lose her racial identity since she isn't a woke leftist?

Besides a string of disturbing anti-Black and anti-semitic remarks, the rapper recently took to Drink Champs to say that George Floyd didn’t die at the hands of police in 2020 but from fentanyl—though this has been widely debunked. this particular comment served as the catalyst for Floyd’s family serving the rapper a cease-and-desist as well as a possible $250 million lawsuit.

So now West isn't black either? I am sure Brandon is very proud of the author. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @2    2 years ago
Author completely misses that Candace Owens is black.

[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1    2 years ago

Candace Owens is a black American. She will always be black unless she can alter her DNA. So now what?! Where is it mandatory black Americans should let other blacks off for being 'patently' stupid in their professional choices, words, and deeds?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @2.1.1    2 years ago
Candace Owens is a black American.  She will always be black unless she can alter her DNA.

You don't say!!!!!  What does that have to do with what I said?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  CB @2.1.1    2 years ago
Where is it mandatory black Americans should let other blacks off for being 'patently' stupid in their professional choices, words, and deeds?

I agree, it’s not mandatory.    That’s the reason I don’t let dumbass, woke and progressive whities off the hook either.

Their dirty deeds .... aren’t dirt cheap .....

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.4  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.2    2 years ago

Just play along at this point: Move the conversation forward.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.5  CB  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.3    2 years ago

Whatever floats the boat. Although Candace, the black woman was mentioned along with Ye West, the black man being infer thereabouts. So, white progressives are your concern. However, this notion that somehow blacks can't discern what is good for them because of a version of 'hand-holding' belies the fact that MAGA is full of 'hit and can't quit Donald Trump: The Loser who won't stop making life miserable for courts near 'you.'

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  CB @2.1.5    2 years ago
However, this notion that somehow blacks can't discern what is good for them because of a version of 'hand-holding' belies the fact that MAGA is full of 'hit and can't quit Donald Trump: The Loser who won't stop making life miserable for courts near 'you.'

[Deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.7  CB  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.6    2 years ago

Sparty on drop the school-yard tactics-we're probably both too old for it. :) I am sorry that you hold such low-opinions of black Americans who are not MAGA, because on any given day I would not even think twice about what conservatives or MAGA is doing if they just looked to living their own best lives and leaving blacks and liberals to do the same.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  CB @2.1.7    2 years ago

Stop trying to put words in my mouth.    You most always get it wrong.    Most always.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.9  CB  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.8    2 years ago

I don't have to put words anywhere you are: your attitude is talking for you. Nice non-denial (denial, by the way).

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  CB @2.1.9    2 years ago
[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.11  CB  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.10    2 years ago

Stop wasting time off-topic. Meta does not belong here.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  CB @2.1.11    2 years ago

Reality is never meta .... and the only person who can waste your time here is you ..... sounds like you are making poor choices

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.13  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  CB @2.1.11    2 years ago

That's all he's got CB.  Projection, deflection, denial, ignorance, arrogance, and insults.  All he's got.

Just his hive minded drone bullshit.  

CB
Professor Principal
2.2  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @2    2 years ago

Of course, Ye and Candace are black Americans, and as is evident by their attitudes and behaviors some blacks can be full of 'hit too! Ye just today got "-'hit-cannned" by Adidas because of going too far out on the limb and being verbally stupid and dangerous!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Ronin2 @2    2 years ago
So now West isn't black either? I am sure Brandon is very proud of the author. 

He's a black antisemite, like there are white ones, too. btw... Biden has nada to do with the article. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.1  CB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3    2 years ago

I listened to all 3 hours of the 'Drink Champs' terrible interview. It is a lesson all its own in how not to sit around with a "live" feed smoking, drinking, and talking unspecified and specified trash. Even when the hosts tried to wave Ye off of his antisemitic rants, Ye would double back and double-down. It as a arduous listen. I even wanted to post it as an article but considered the content and who else besides me would listen (even on 1.8 speed) to it. On that last point: Why the heck would a billionaire sit down, get high or 'lit' as Ye says of himself half way through, and interview for 3 hours plus?

Who does that?

Ye 'slayed' Ye.

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.2  CB  replied to  CB @2.3.1    2 years ago

I should add this for clarity: The smoking taking place was "blunts" of marijuana.What makes it worse is Ye in the video and since then in interviews with Chris Cuomo "News Nation" - Youtube and even as recent as Monday night has been trolling Jewish Americans with his tirade. All after knowing it was "blowing up" in his face from the reports and interviews after "Drink Champs."

Ye, tried to cast himself as a "black moses" bout to lead black people out of some mental bondage. . . .  Go figure.

There is talk in 'channels' about his merchandise going "up and up" after this drop. A reverse 'back-lash.'  But, only time can tell. What a waste of such a talent, in my opinion.

Correction: The Drink Champs interview was not a live feed. I used the wrong terminology.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
“I have grounds to sue George Floyd’s family for doing this little PR stunt. It’s causing me a ton of distress. I feel angry and I feel upset...

So the liberals have their panties in a wad because a conservative used their tactics.  

CB
Professor Principal
3.1  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    2 years ago

That tactic got Alex Jones' a trial date and an 'break the bank' judgement against him. Keep fighting a  faithless fight of trying to get rich off other people's misery and its possible a day in court will await any and all!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    2 years ago
the rapper recently took to   Drink Champs   to say that George Floyd didn’t die at the hands of police in 2020 but from fentanyl—though this has been widely debunked.

It has not been “widely debunked.” The medical examiner listed fentanyl as a contributing cause of death. The examiner hired by the defense did not. Big surprise. Factually, he did have this drug in his system and it should be common sense to accept it as a likely contributor to his death. It kills people every day even without someone sitting on their neck.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @4    2 years ago

(deleted)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.9  Tacos!  replied to    2 years ago

If you were claiming that you were being sarcastic in #4.1, I don’t believe you. And if you were, not only was it a poor attempt, but you didn’t mark it as sarcasm, so I had no special reason to see it as such. You also included “FFS,” which tells me you weren’t trying to be funny. And then to top it off, rather than apologize for your own unclear intentions, you instead made the dickish comment to me of “learn sarcasm.” So no matter how you try to spin your behavior here, it’s definitely not good.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.9    2 years ago

This part of the thread was removed for mass trolling. Knock it off, only warning.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.19  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.18    2 years ago

[removed]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.20  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.18    2 years ago

[removed]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.22  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.18    2 years ago

[Deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
4.2  CB  replied to  Tacos! @4    2 years ago

The point was immediacy. A drug user may use drugs, and oftentimes survive to live many days and years even to a time when they get off drugs. Officer "Eight minutes" should have been more professional and understanding of the 'alarm' coming from bystanders was a direct clue to ease up on his ministration of policing. The video is clear: Eight minutes of kneeling on a man's neck thereabouts is not good policing and displaying nonchalant and a lack of urgency throughout might get one's ass thrown off the police force and a lengthy jail sentence. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  CB @4.2    2 years ago
Eight minutes of kneeling on a man's neck thereabouts is not good policing

Of course not! I would never dispute that. But the suggestion here in this seed is that fentanyl had nothing to do with his death and I would say that defies common sense.

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.2  CB  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.1    2 years ago

At this stage, we will never know the degree of which the drug exacerbated his death. There is a thing as 'resting one's case' at some point. Candace Owens did a documentary: WATCH The Greatest Lie Ever Told ~ Candace Owens [FULL DOCUMENTARY VIDEO George Floyd and BLM (2022)]  - Youtube.

(I tried to see it but I did not wish to register for it on her 'site').

The issue, in my opinion, is what is it to Candace Owens to bring a perspective on George Floyd's living, death, and legacy? I may not ever know unless I see the video.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
5  Revillug    2 years ago

Finally, a beautiful black woman who really gets white people!

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    2 years ago

Yet idiots like her cheer on that idiot kid that sued CNN and other media outlets...

If people weren't hypocritical, they wouldn't be people I guess....