╌>

Midterm elections outlook darkens for Biden's White House | Reuters

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  27 comments

By:   Trevor Hunnicutt,Nandita Bose,Jeff Mason (Reuters)

Midterm elections outlook darkens for Biden's White House | Reuters
The White House has lowered its earlier optimism about the midterm elections and is now worried that Democrats could lose control of both chambers of Congress, administration officials say.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Trevor Hunnicutt , Nandita Bose and Jeff Mason U.S. President Joe Biden delivers remarks about student debt relief at Delaware State University in Dover, Delaware, U.S., October 21, 2022. REUTERS/Leah Millis
WASHINGTON, Oct 25 (Reuters) - The White House has lowered its earlier optimism about the midterm elections and is now worried that Democrats could lose control of both chambers of Congress, administration officials say.
Recent polls have shown Democrats who once had comfortable leads in some Senate races on a knife's edge, and Senate elections that were considered toss-ups between the two parties now leaning Republican as high inflation persists.
The House of Representatives, which Biden and some allies and advisers predicted Democrats could hold earlier this year, is decisively swinging for Republicans, polling analysts including FiveThirtyEight say.
Losing control of one or both houses of Congress will profoundly shape the next two years of Joe Biden's presidency, with Republicans expected to block legislation on family leave, abortion, policing and other Biden priorities while pushing new laws to curb immigration and spending, using the debt ceiling as leverage.
Republicans are also expected to launch investigations into Democratic spending and the business dealings and private life of the president's son Hunter. Some lawmakers say they hope to impeach Biden, his cabinet members or Vice President Kamala Harris.
One

visit seeded article for remaining content

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago
Driving the recent re-think: the durability of inflation concerns among key voting groups, and trouble fighting Republicans' message across several campaigns that Democrats' support for criminal justice and policing reform means they are soft on crime, administration officials said.

I wonder how much longer Joe Biden and his handlers think sky-high inflation will last now?

Looks like declaring it merely temporary and Biden "doing all he can" to lower it isn't so successful, and it appears voters know it.

Soft on crime? Who could get that idea from Soros-backed dumbass DAs doing all they seemingly can to keep folks out of jail?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago
I wonder how much longer Joe Biden and his handlers think sky-high inflation will last now?

They are hoping it ends before the national oil reserves runs out. Otherwise Brandon will have to explain the catastrophic losses tax payers are going to absorb replacing every last barrel of oil. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago

Funny how Biden vowed to "restore our standing in the world", only to have Putin shit on him and OPEC reduce him to a beggar for oil before the midterms.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago

He'll just blame it all on Trump and the right like he does everything else.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
1.1.3  Gazoo  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    2 years ago

Trump wanted to top off the strategic oil reserves when oil was about $30 per barrel but senate dems put a stop to that. Now dementia boy says he wants to fill it up when oil drops to $70 per barrel. Great job, dems. /s/

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.2    2 years ago
He'll just blame it all on Trump and the right like he does everything else.

Sure, why not?

Thus far, Democrats have blamed the pandemic, Putin, and OPEC. Of course Republicans can't be too far behind since none of it is sticking with smart voters. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago

My next prediction.    

When Republicans gain control of the house and perhaps the Senate, dimbulb will immediately start accelerating his blame game on them for all his fuck ups.

Its coming .... bet on it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @1.2    2 years ago
My next prediction.    

When Republicans gain control of the house and perhaps the Senate, dimbulb will immediately start accelerating his blame game on them for all his fuck ups.

Its coming .... bet on it.

Without a doubt.

Biden and his handlers are already trying to float that trial balloon.

I don't think the majority of voters are dumb enough to fall for it, though.

Hell, Biden and Company have tried to blame the border "not-a-crisis"- crap on Republicans.

Pretty fucking weird that Democrats can insist there is no crisis and yet somehow try to blame an Administration almost 2 full years removed from office for Biden and his handlers' failures.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    2 years ago

Yep it’s FUBAR .... no doubt about it.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago

And on top of everything else, thanks to pedo Joe, the US is down to a 25 day supply of diesel.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3    2 years ago
And on top of everything else, thanks to pedo Joe, the US is down to a 25 day supply of diesel.

Yeah, but Biden says that is Putin's fault!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Sparty On  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3    2 years ago

Yep, wish I hadn’t bought a diesel now ..... thx Joe!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.2    2 years ago

I bought a 2008, Jetta TDI diesel.  I loved the 236 lb-ft of torque, the awesome DSG transmission, the clean energy federal subsidy, the cars handling and interior and I thought that I was helping the environment. 

Surprise, surprise, those crafty German engineers pulled a fast one over our federal and state governments. Without the Univ of WV we might never have known about this cheating.

I hated giving up a car that I really enjoyed driving, but the settlement was too good and US diesel fuel remained to expensive.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.4  Sparty On  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.3.3    2 years ago

2020 Ram Eco-diesel truck.    
Mainly for the good mileage but I do love the truck.    

Interestingly, the big three had the some of the same diesel emissions issues as Volkswagen and others but it wasn’t as widely published.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago

It sucks being a democrat right now.

My friends, you are all invited to my election eve party, right here on NT.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4    2 years ago

Hey, you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.

Democrats these days are very flea ridden.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @1.4.1    2 years ago

No eating in bed!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago
But some hopes were dashed earlier this month by a higher-than-expected inflation figure and many polls showing inflation is still voters' top concern.

THIS will be the Democrats undoing.

By failing to acknowledge that voters tend to vote their own personal finances, they ignore reality.

Somewhere, James Carville is wondering what it must take for Democrats to join the world in reality.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

They've spent two years ignoring the economy and ridiculing concerns over inflation while focusing on a riot and ensuring that men get to play women's sports. And their closing pitch is that the state has no interest in keeping kids from getting sterilized and mutilated.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

And that will lose them the House and perhaps the Senate this November.

Time to pay the piper for their dirty deeds .... 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago
They've spent two years ignoring the economy and ridiculing concerns over inflation while focusing on a riot and ensuring that men get to play women's sports. And their closing pitch is that the state has no interest in keeping kids from getting sterilized and mutilated.

I am almost positive Democrats will be shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, by the results of the midterms. And when they perform their usual autopsy of the midterm elections, they will be even more shocked to learn that many voters don't give a flying fuck about some guy wanting to be a woman or some woman wanting to be a guy--they just want low inflation, fair taxes, sane and enforced immigration policies, criminals put away, and lower energy costs, especially for gasoline.

Social justice warriors best learn that if they wish to govern.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2    2 years ago
nd when they perform their usual autopsy of the midterm elections, they will be even more shocked to learn that m

And they'll walk away thinking the problem was they aren't focused on race and transgenders enough. They'll double down on the  crazy.  They'll make one of the squad the new leader when Pelosi quits after the election. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.1    2 years ago
And they'll walk away thinking the problem was they aren't focused on race and transgenders enough. They'll double down on the  crazy.  They'll make one of the squad the new leader when Pelosi quits after the election. 

Probably.

Personally, I would love to see one of the Squad put in as leader of the Democrats.

Thankfully, they will be the minority leader.

It would be a great boon to the GOP.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4  Ed-NavDoc    2 years ago

And the lefty libs should be cueing in any moment to blame it all on them evil right wing whack jobs!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4    2 years ago
And the lefty libs should be cueing in any moment to blame it all on them evil right wing whack jobs!

When haven't they done so?

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
5  dennissmith    2 years ago

The dems blame everything on others will no doubt continue after the mid terms

squiggy
Junior Silent
6  squiggy    2 years ago

$400B in graduation presents should suck their hope down the toilet.