╌>

Illegal migrants wave Venezuelan flag after crossing US southern border, attack Border Patrol agents

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  gregtx  •  2 years ago  •  73 comments

By:   Adam Shaw

Illegal migrants wave Venezuelan flag after crossing US southern border, attack Border Patrol agents
A large group of illegal migrants crossed into the U.S. and allegedly attacked Border Patrol agents with a flagpole and rocks, according to Customs and Border Protection.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A massive group of illegal migrants Monday crossed into the U.S. waving a large Venezuelan flag and, according to Customs and Border Protection (CBP), attacked Border Patrol agents before being pushed back into the river as agents used crowd-control measures.

The incident, partially caught on video, saw a group of Venezuelan migrants crossing illegally into El Paso, Texas, as they waved the enormous flag. Agents can be seen pushing migrants back into the river while firing pepper balls near them to control the crowd.

In a statement, CBP said a group of Venezuelans had attempted to illegally enter the U.S. while protesting along the Rio Grande's international boundary.

The agency said one of the protesters assaulted an agent with a flagpole while another threw a rock at agents, injuring one in the process. That in turn led Border Patrol to initiate crowd-control measures. "These measures included the use of the authorized less-lethal force pepperball launching system," the statement said. "The crowd then dispersed and returned to Mexico."

The agency said that its Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) will review the incident.

The chaotic incident comes as the migrant crisis, which has roiled the southern border since early 2021, continues to see streams of large groups of migrants cross into the U.S. illegally. On Tuesday morning, a group of 300 mostly single adults crossed illegally into Normandy, Texas.

In just the Del Rio Sector alone, Border Patrol reports more than 50 large groups of more than 100 migrants since the beginning of October.

Republicans have laid the blame for the crisis at the feet of the Biden administration, saying that its policies of rolling back Trump-era border security and enforcement have only served to draw more migrants to the southern border - with many of them being released into the U.S.

Republican governors have caused outrage from Democratic states by bussing and even flying them to liberal "sanctuary" jurisdictions like New York City, Washington, D.C., Chicago, and Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts. The governors say it has been done to relieve overwhelmed border communities and to bring the crisis home to those areas that describe themselves as welcoming to illegal immigrants.

The Biden administration has taken an approach that has sought to target "root causes" of the crisis, like poverty and violence in Central America. It has also emphasized the importance of cooperation with Western Hemisphere countries and recently announced a new cooperative operation with Mexico that sees more resources and checkpoints set up.

Controversially, it has also expanded Title 42 expulsions to include Venezuelan nationals, who were previously predominantly being released into the U.S. Now, they are being sent back to Mexico, which is bussing them deeper into the Mexican interior and giving migrants 15 days to get a visa or leave the country.

There were more than 227,000 migrant encounters in September, taking the total number for fiscal year 2022 to more than 2.3 million - a new record high. The administration says it has seen a decrease in the number of Venezuelan crossings in the immediate weeks after the new enforcement operation was put into place.

Meanwhile, Texas authorities have been involved in a number of car chases involving smugglers and illegal immigrants. In Kinney County, the local sheriff's department pulled over a speeding vehicle with paper plates, finding eight illegal migrants being smuggled inside.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    2 years ago

Naaahhh, this ain't no stinking invasion.....

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  GregTx @1    2 years ago

One would think that these illegal aliens ... errrr ... asylum seekers ... would carry a US flag to show how much they love the USA, want to assimilate, and become US citizens. Instead, they attack law enforcement agents with lethal weapons. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1    2 years ago
they attack law enforcement agents with lethal weapons. 

like flag poles? that doesn't sound very american. I wonder how/where they got that idea...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.1    2 years ago

Leave it to some of the dimbulbs on the left to support these illegal alien invaders.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

The estimate is that 5 Million have walked across the border under Biden's watch.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

according to my calculations, 250,000 xenophobes had to take off their shoes and socks to tabulate that total.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @2.1    2 years ago

Can you describe your calculations?

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.1    2 years ago

somehow I doubt that would answer your question.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @2.1    2 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  arkpdx  replied to  devangelical @2.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @2.1    2 years ago

5 million? Yeah, right.  Give me a fucking break

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.6  1stwarrior  replied to  devangelical @2.1    2 years ago

with your math abilities, sure am glad you ain't selling in my area of the world.

besides, you've already told us that you don't wear socks.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.5    2 years ago
 Give me a fucking break

Why?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago
The estimate is that 5 Million have walked across the border under Biden's watch.

And that's not counting at least 1 million got-aways.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2    2 years ago

According to some of my CBP friends and neighbors down here on the AZ border, it is estimated by them that at least 40% above and beyond what is caught are get aways that manage to cross and disappear into the shadows on this side of the border.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 years ago
A large group of illegal migrants crossed into the U.S. and allegedly attacked Border Patrol agents with a flagpole and rocks, according to Customs and Border Protection.

They must have watched a Jan 6 video for ideas. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

Given the conditions in Venezuala, do you really think that?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @3.1    2 years ago

maybe they aren't sending us their best if they can't tell the border from a city.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  GregTx @3.1    2 years ago

If it is something that can be spun as anti conservative? Definitely!

charger 383
Professor Silent
4  charger 383    2 years ago

Why do the Persident and party in control allow this?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @4    2 years ago

HOW are THEY allowing it?

charger 383
Professor Silent
4.1.1  charger 383  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    2 years ago

by not stopping it

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.2  1stwarrior  replied to  charger 383 @4    2 years ago

Well, for one, they are not in control.  Since their election in 2020/2021, the Prez and his handlers have thoroughly screwed the pooch paid for by the lobbyists, outsiders, and foreign masterminds.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  1stwarrior @4.2    2 years ago

Bingo!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  charger 383 @4    2 years ago

That's what happens when you have an imbecile in the WH.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.3.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.3    2 years ago

Along with the one residing in the Naval Observatory!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.3.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.3.1    2 years ago

And Mayorkas ... wherever the hell he lives.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4  Texan1211  replied to  charger 383 @4    2 years ago
Why do the President and party in control allow this?

Because they are idiots.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    2 years ago

How  do THEY stop it?

GregTx
PhD Guide
5.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Tessylo @5    2 years ago
Protect the American people, safeguard our borders, and enhance the nation’s economic prosperity.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  GregTx @5.1    2 years ago

Those are words.  How do republicans plan to do those things?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.1    2 years ago
How do republicans plan to do those things?

Sorry, but it would take words to explain it.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.1    2 years ago

You didn't read 5.1?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  GregTx @5.1    2 years ago

To some people those are archaic and outdated ideals.

charger 383
Professor Silent
5.2  charger 383  replied to  Tessylo @5    2 years ago

in short put up a NO VACENCY sign,  following are a few things to start with

End immigration

Finish the wall and guard it with a force that will prevent crossing it.  

Let them know they will not be allowed to stay if they get past border

Remove the illegals that are here

Make announcement that the USA is going to take these and other actions to discourage them from trying to come

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.2.1  1stwarrior  replied to  charger 383 @5.2    2 years ago

Unfortunately Charger, our present administration doesn't have the cajones to enforce the laws on immigration.

George
Junior Expert
5.2.2  George  replied to  1stwarrior @5.2.1    2 years ago

Unfortunately Charger, our present administration doesn't have the cajones

You could have stopped there.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @5.2    2 years ago

Yeah, no more feral cats right?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @5.2    2 years ago
"Finish the wall and guard it with a force that will prevent crossing it."

Ridiculous.

Including all your other statements.  

charger 383
Professor Silent
5.2.5  charger 383  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.4    2 years ago

Being over run by feral cats is ridiculous

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  charger 383 @5.2.5    2 years ago

Kind of thinking people would be more supportive of enforcement of immigration laws after the attack on Pelosi.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.7  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.6    2 years ago

Kind of thinking people would be more supportive of enforcement of immigration laws after the attack on Pelosi.

I guess you see no difference between a lazy criminal white guy from Canada and hard working immigrants that make huge contributions to this country.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.7    2 years ago

They think everyone else is as dumb as they are. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.7    2 years ago
I guess you see no difference between a lazy criminal white guy from Canada and hard working immigrants that make huge contributions to this country.

You are such a bad guesser.

I see the difference, AND I can also see the difference between legal and illegal immigration, can YOU?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.7    2 years ago

This clown isn't the first illegal alien to commit violence in California against law-abiding citizens.

I wonder how long Californians will be willing to put up with this shit?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.11  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.8    2 years ago

If you are talking about Biden and minions, you are absolutely correct!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.2.12  Greg Jones  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.7    2 years ago
"I guess you see no difference between a lazy criminal white guy from Canada and hard working immigrants that make huge contributions to this country."

Among those hard working immigrants are sizable numbers of hardened criminals of all types, gang members, and potential terrorists. What about their "contributions"?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @5.2.12    2 years ago

If those Venezuelan invaders cared so much for their own country that they felt it necessary to carry a huge flag and attack BP agents, maybe they should have stayed home and improved their own country.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.15  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  charger 383 @5.2    2 years ago

Bingo!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.18  Texan1211  replied to    2 years ago

Hey, it must be hard work assaulting BP agents!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.19  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.4    2 years ago

Then please feel free to provide your suggestion(s) for a equitable solution to this problem.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.20  Ed-NavDoc  replied to    2 years ago

The Dems in DC have to increase the voter base they are hemorraging somehow!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.22  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Greg Jones @5.2.12    2 years ago

Oooooh - sizeable!  Funny how every one of them that I’ve ever met has been polite.  Where I live they absolutely dominate the construction industry, they do amazing work, and they they bend over backwards to meet your expectations.  I can’t imagine how much of a white trash racist fuck one would have to be to not acknowledge that.

GregTx
PhD Guide
5.2.23  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.22    2 years ago

Them? By that do you mean legal immigrants or illegal immigrants?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.24  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  GregTx @5.2.23    2 years ago

I don’t ask, because I don’t determine someone’s politeness and professionalism based on their immigration status.  They are human beings - I treat them based on the golden rule and give them the respect that they earn.  You know, like Jesus would supposedly do.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2.25  Ronin2  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.7    2 years ago

I guess you are dumb enough to believe that all of the illegals that are crossing our southern border are hard working. If so we wouldn't nearly have the across the board labor shortages.

Some can be against all illegal immigration; no matter what their skin color and where they are from. That obviously doesn't include Democrats and their supporters.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.26  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.22    2 years ago

I'll bet you live in a sanctuary city nowhere near the border where it is in a illegals best interests to behave. Where I live, we get lots of illegals that really are not very nice people.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.27  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.22    2 years ago
 I can’t imagine how much of a white trash racist fuck one would have to be to not acknowledge that.

So only "white trash" expects that people entering and living and working in violation of our laws? Wow that's just a tiny bit racist isn't it. 

they do amazing work, and the is what other laws do they think to hey they bend over backwards to meet your expectations 

I don't care how good they are or how hard they work. There are good Americans that will do those jobs but the illegal will work for much less than the going rates. I do care that the people coming and working here are doing so according to the law. If they will disregard migration laws how many other làws are they will to break? Will they ignore our tax laws? Did they or will they break our drug laws? How many cres of all types are committed by illegals? Nope I don't care how hard working or how azing their work is. If they are here illegally they Must be deported as soon as possible and their employers be fined highly.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.28  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.7    2 years ago
immigrants that make huge contributions to this country. 

Are you including the MD 13 game bangers, the drug mules, the terrorist, the pedophiles and rapist in that statement. 

No I don't differentiate between the slime ball Canadian illegal alien that attacked Pelosi and every other criminal alien that enters this country in violation of our immigration laws. All of the must be deported back to their countries of origin., Even your "hard working" ones. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.29  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  charger 383 @5.2.5    2 years ago

And the coyotes as well...

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.30  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.22    2 years ago

".. white trash racist fuck.." 

And just who are you including here that falls into that colorful the description of yours? I'd really like to know.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.31  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.24    2 years ago
I don’t ask, because I don’t determine someone’s politeness and professionalism based on their immigration status.  

If you don't know and don't ask, it is going to be impossible for you to know if they are immigrants at all.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.32  arkpdx  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2.29    2 years ago

The coyotes are nothing but vermin and should be exterminated on sight. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.33  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.32    2 years ago

Yep,  at least the two legged variety anyway.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @5    2 years ago

Stop what?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @5    2 years ago

"How do THEY stop it.?"

Assuming that by THEY, you were referring to President Biden. Then when you got a answer you did not like, you immediately deflect and turn around and ask how are the Republicans are going to handle it. So which was it?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.5  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @5    2 years ago
 How do THEY stop it?

Send those caught back to  Mexico immediately. Any that are found that entered the country illegally in the past should be incarcerated for at least 5. Years , then be deported directly from prison right from prison by bus to the border and into Mexico. Penalize mexico for allowing those from theirs or other countries that will enter our country illegals access areas that may be used to cross our border. Get the Mexican government to eliminate the drug smugglers and drug cartels from the border areas or take them out ourselves using special forces and close air support. Fine employer of illegal aliens heavily. Any illegal alien already in the country should be arrested and deported and forfeit any and all assest in this country.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.5.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  arkpdx @5.5    2 years ago

Bingo!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

Democrat policies seem to be working as they wanted.