╌>

10 Ways To Cope When An Election Doesn't Go Your Way

Category:  Satire

Via:  gregtx  •  2 years ago  •  12 comments

10 Ways To Cope When An Election Doesn't Go Your Way
Wherever your political loyalties lie, you were probably disappointed in the result of the most recent election. After all, you weren't crowned king and placed in a position to impose your own personal desires on the whole of mankind. Bummer!

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Wherever your political loyalties lie, you were probably disappointed in the result of the most recent election. After all, you weren't crowned king and placed in a position to impose your own personal desires on the whole of mankind. Bummer!

Here are some tips to cope with a disappointing election:

1. If your name is Beto O'Rourke, stop running: Read the room, guy.
  2. Ask your therapist to rock you gently to sleep while you suck your thumb: Like a boss.
  3. Burn down an entire city block: Election rage falls under the first amendment. You can't be arrested!
  4. Eat 5 whole cheesecakes: Food makes the pain go away.
  5. Dance around an altar and cut yourself so that Baal will hear your cries: Seems about as effective as ranting about the election on TikTok.
  6. Watch the Notebook: WHAT DO YOU WANT? You want Ryan Gosling. Just admit it.
  7. Hold up a fake severed head of your political opponent and then take a picture of it: This won't backfire at all.
  8. Claim you won anyways: Boom! Checkmate.
  9. Storm something: Like a Capitol.
  10. Move to Canada, but not really: Threatening to move will make people feel your pain.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    2 years ago

jrSmiley_43_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  GregTx @1    2 years ago

LOL.  We both posted articles on coping with elections - but mine is serious.  

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.1.1  squiggy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 years ago

This one is more practical since I don’t have any Ben Wa balls.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  squiggy @1.1.1    2 years ago

Never heard of them and had to do a search - I don't get why you think Ben Wa balls have anything whatsoever with the article I had posted, but I guess you know more about them than I do. 

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  GregTx @1    2 years ago

11.  Hunt down and hang the Vice President.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    2 years ago

Plan well ahead of time to state that you won even though you know you lost by a landslide

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    2 years ago
3. Burn down an entire city block: Election rage falls under the first amendment. You can't be arrested.

Only if you are a leftist. If you are on the right the Democrat FBI and DOJ will hunt your ass down no matter how long it takes ; and how many resources they need to divert. Leftists will be released within 12 hours of capture with a lollipop and an apology (sorry they ran out of crayons and coloring books during the Summer of Love mostly peaceful protests.)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @2    2 years ago
Only if you are a leftist.

We can still recall the DC riots when Trump was elected.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

I still recall the DC riot when Trump was un-elected.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    2 years ago

On another 'article' on NT the consensus was that 75% of the US wasn't satisfied with the way things were headed and I believe all the blame was placed, as usual, on President Biden and Democrats.

I think the blame lays, and that's what that 75% believe, lays on those who support these extreme whack job right wing candidates and who still support trumps big lie and failed coup and support and enable their hate and lies and mis and disinformation and ignorance.

I think some of that 75%, a lot of them may feel differently now that a lot of them have lost, those right wing candidates whack jobs that is

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    2 years ago
You want Ryan Gosling. Just admit it.

Uh, no.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ender @5    2 years ago

Speak for yourself.