╌>

A Break From the Wins and Woes of the Midterms

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  2 years ago  •  7 comments

man-looking-at-woman-signing-at-reception-desk-in-hotel-lobby-picture-id1180594083

- woman decided to give herself a big treat for her 30th birthday by staying overnight in a really nice hotel.. When she checked out the next morning, the desk clerk handed her a bill for $250.00.  She demanded to know why the charge was so high "I agree it's a nice hotel, but the rooms aren't worth $250..00 for just an overnight stay - I didn't even have breakfast!"   The clerk told her that $250.00 is the 'standard rate,' and breakfast had been included had she wanted it.  She insisted on speaking to the Manager. The Manager appeared and, forewarned by the desk clerk, announced: "This hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference center which are available for use."  "But I didn't use them."  'Well, they are here, and you could have." He went on to explain that she could also have seen one of the in-hotel shows for which they were so famous."We have the best entertainers from the world over performing here."  "But I didn't go to any of those shows.."  "Well, we have them, and you could have."  No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, she replied, "But I didn't use it!" and the Manager countered with his standard response.  After several minutes discussion, and with the Manager still unmoved, she decided to pay, wrote a check and gave it to him. The Manager was surprised when he looked at the check.  "But Madam, this check is for only $50.00"  "That's correct I charged you $200.00 for sleeping with me."  "But I didn't!"  "Well, too bad, I was here, and you could have."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Another goodie emailed to me by my brother. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    2 years ago

Brilliant..🤣🤣

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @1.1    2 years ago

I thought so too.

Ender
Professor Principal
2  Ender    2 years ago

That took a direction I wasn't expecting...Haha