╌>

Kari Lake trolled mercilessly after election loss...and the internet gloats

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  5 comments

By:   cooltxchick (Occupy Democrats)

Kari Lake trolled mercilessly after election loss...and the internet gloats
Everyone from Liz Cheney to a drag queen former friend takes their shots at failed Arizona Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Kari Lake losing her bid for Arizona governor is the gift that keeps on giving — at least on social media. The ultra-MAGA candidate — whose entire platform consisted of spreading false claims the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump and targeting the LGBTQ community — has been getting served on social media and it's glorious to watch.

First up, Phoenix, AZ drag legend Barbra Seville, who took a swipe at her former friend by posting a Game of Thrones-inspired quote on her Facebook page reveling in Lake's defeat.

"Tell Kari, I want her to know it was me," Seville wrote, referencing a scene from Game Of Thrones.

According to LGBTQ Nation:

"The message is a reference to Game of Thrones, where Olenna Tyrell told Jaime Lannister, 'Tell Cersei, I want her to know it was me,' in reference to her having murdered Jaime's and Cersei's child. It was her last line before being killed."

Seville, also known as Richard Stevens, outed Lake as a hypocrite after the election denying, former news anchor began publicly bashing the LGBTQ community and accusing drag queens of being "dangerous."

"They kicked God out of schools and welcomed the Drag Queens. They took down our Flag and replaced it with a rainbow. They seek to disarm Americans and militarize our Enemies. Let's bring back the basics: God, Guns & Glory," Lake wrote on social media.

According to Stevens, Lake was a regular on the Phoenix drag show scene - frequenting gay bars and even having Seville perform at a baby shower.

"She's friends with drag queens," Stevens told The Arizona Republic. "She's had her kid in front of a drag queen. I've done drag in her home for her friends and family. She's not threatened by them. She would come to shows constantly. To make me be the bogeyman for political gain, it was just too much."

But the schadenfreude was nowhere near over, and neither was the shade. Round two comes from Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY).

The January 6th Committee co-chair gave as good as she got after Lake attempted to troll the congresswoman by alleging Cheney's anti-Lake ad buy in Arizona actually boosted her campaign.

Dear Liz,

Thank you for your generous in•kind contribution to my campaign. Your recent television ad urging Arizonans not to vote for me is doing just the opposite. Our campaign donations are skyrocketing and our website nearly crashed from traffic as people rushed to learn more about my plan to put Arizona First and ion our historic political movement.

In fact, my team tells me your commercial should add another 10 points to our lead! I guess that's why the call the Cheney anti-endorsement the gift that keeps on giving. While we appreciate your in kind contribution, the $300.000 ad buy likely exceeds Anzona's $5,300 individual contribution limit.

Thank you again for the huge boost to our campaign: Enjoy vour forced retirement from politics. I know America will rest easier knowing that one more warmonger is out of office

Sincerely.

Kari Lake

Cheney's response was short and sweet. She tweeted after the race was called for Lake's opponent, Secretary of State Katie Hobbs: "You're welcome."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

original

JBB
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

original

JBB
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

original

JBB
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

original

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    2 years ago

She is a higher class and more pretentious Marjorie Taylor Greene.