╌>

No visitor logs exist for Biden's Wilmington home, site of classified doc discovery, WH Counsel's Office says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  1stwarrior  •  last year  •  31 comments

No visitor logs exist for Biden's Wilmington home, site of classified doc discovery, WH Counsel's Office says
Biden is under a special counsel investigation for keeping classified documents in the home

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

There are no visitor logs for   President Biden's home in Wilmington, Delaware,   the White House Counsel's Office said in a Monday statement.

Republicans on Capitol Hill demanded the visitor logs this weekend following revelations that Biden's lawyers had discovered a stash of classified documents inside the home's garage. While it is common practice to keep comprehensive visitor logs at the White House, Biden's lawyers say no such record exists for his home in Delaware.

"Like every President in decades of modern history, his personal residence is personal," the White House Counsel's Office told Fox News Digital on Monday. "But upon taking office, President Biden restored the norm and tradition of keeping White House visitors logs, including publishing them regularly, after the previous administration ended them."

Biden is currently facing a special counsel investigation into his   handling of classified documents   after at least two stashes were found at his Wilmington home and a pro-Biden think tank in Washington, D.C.

The Secret Service also stated Sunday that while a detail is assigned to the home, they do not record visitors.

"We don’t independently maintain our own visitor logs because it’s a private residence," spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told reporters.

Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., chairman of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee, had demanded to see logs for the residence on Sunday.

"Given the serious national security implications, the White House must provide the Wilmington residence’s visitor log,"   Comer wrote   to White House chief of staff Ron Klain. "As Chief of Staff, you are head of the Executive Office of the President and bear responsibility to be transparent with the American people on these important issues related to the White House’s handling of this matter."

Attorney General Merrick Garland   appointed a special counsel   to investigate the matter on Thursday. He tapped Robert Hur, a former U.S. attorney, to discover "whether any person or entity violated the law in connection with this matter."

The   White House Counsel's Office   searched Biden's two Delaware residences in Rehoboth Beach and Wilmington last week after news of the first documents broke. White House lawyers say they immediately contacted the DOJ when they discovered the documents inside Biden's Wilmington garage. There has been no indication of what the documents contain or whether Biden or anyone else read them after he left office as vice president.

"Lawyers discovered among personal and political papers a small number of additional Obama-Biden administration records with classified markings. All but one of these documents were found in storage space in the President's Wilmington residence garage," White House lawyers wrote in a Thursday statement. "One document consisting of one page was discovered among stored materials in an adjacent room."

The White House says no documents were found at Biden's residence in Rehoboth Beach. Biden's administration has also arranged to deliver the documents to the DOJ.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1  seeder  1stwarrior    last year

"Like every President in decades of modern history, his personal residence is personal," the White House Counsel's Office told Fox News Digital on Monday. "But upon taking office, President Biden restored the norm and tradition of keeping White House visitors logs, including publishing them regularly, after the previous administration ended them."

So, he "did/does" and now he "didn't/doesn't".

Yup - follow the logical lying lines folks - follow the lying lines.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  1stwarrior @1    last year

I think you are a bit confused. He did not and does not keep a visitor log for his personal residence, but he resumed keeping one for the white house. Not entirely sure where the confusion came about...

Ender
Professor Principal
2  Ender    last year

How does one provide a log if one does not exist...

the White House Counsel's Office told Fox News Digital on Monday. "But upon taking office, President Biden restored the norm and tradition of keeping White House visitors logs, including publishing them regularly, after the previous administration ended them

So republicans were silent on WH logs but want a log of a private residence....

Name one official in congress that makes a visitor log at their own house.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @2    last year
So republicans were silent on WH logs but want a log of a private residence....

You do understand that Biden had classified documents at his private residence. It would be important to know who might have seen them.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    last year

Donald had classified documents at a hotel....

You cannot blame one while giving the other a pass.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    last year

And you understand that basically no one keeps a visitor log of their private residence yeah? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @2.1.1    last year
You cannot blame one while giving the other a pass.

Lol..No you can't!

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    last year

Yet are you trying to do just that? I have seen no outrage from you about donald doing the same thing.

Were you not defending him? And now you want to take down the whole government because Biden did the same thing.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.2    last year
And you understand that basically no one keeps a visitor log of their private residence yeah? 

That would be so abnormal....As abnormal as keeping classified documents there, or as Joe Biden called it "Irresponsible."

"Call me irresponsible - call me unreliable
Throw in undependable too
Do my foolish alibis bore you
Well I'm not too clever - I just adore you"

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Ender  replied to  Ender @2.1.4    last year

More of the same...

From MTG...

“They want Trump in jail. It’s like they took a page out of Saddam Hussein’s playbook. Garland’s politically weaponized special counsel must be totally DEFUNDED.”

She did not call for the special counsel investigating President Biden’s handling of classified documents to be defunded.

Typical and expected.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.7  Thrawn 31  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    last year
As abnormal as keeping classified documents there

People take work home with them, that is not abnormal. At all.

Now should he have? I would say no, definitely not. Was it illegal, I really don't know considering he was the VP and all. But since he has been turning everything over I don't have reason to suspect anything more than just a mistake. 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Ender  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.7    last year

I am almost at the point I say let them do a sweep of his places. If for nothing else, just to shut some people up. Probably wouldn't stop the conspiracy theories though.

Biden would be stupid to not have done a sweep himself at this point.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.2    last year
nd you understand that basically no one keeps a visitor log of their private residence yeah? 

Lol. You don't think the secret services vets everyone entering his house?

But that's what subpoenas are for. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.10  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.9    last year

If they are expected, probably not. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.11  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Ender @2.1.1    last year

Trump's SS maintained visitor's logs of Mar-go - why not Biden's?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.7    last year
eople take work home with them, that is not abnormal. At all.

Biden never worked as VP at the Chinese  funded think tank some of the classified material was found at.  Nor did it stop Biden from torpedoing the nomination of a CIA director for taking classified documents home to work. 

And of course, if Biden used these documents to work, than he's guilty of intentionally mishandling classified documents and his current legal defense is destroyed. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.10    last year
f they are expected, probably not. 

That would be incredibly negligent and incompetent. 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Ender  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.11    last year

I would gather because Biden was not president when he gained possession of the documents.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3  Just Jim NC TttH    last year

And with Hunter living there at 50K a month, no telling who was in and out of there.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3    last year

That kid is definitely a walking disaster. Seems to be a case of nepotism gone terribly wrong. But hell, a rich kid growing to be somewhat of a piece of shit, what else is new? 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Ender  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1    last year

Afluenza...

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ender @3.1.1    last year

The result of never having to get your hands dirty or having to succeed or fail on your own. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3    last year

How can he pay $50K A MONTH for rent when he doesn't have a job???

charger 383
Professor Silent
3.2.1  charger 383  replied to  1stwarrior @3.2    last year

I wonder if  $600.000  rental income was listed as income on someone's tax return?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  charger 383 @3.2.1    last year
I wonder if  $600.000  rental income was listed as income on someone's tax return?

Bingo. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  1stwarrior @3.2    last year

How can you even FIND a place that costs $50k a month to rent? Even if I had won that 1.5 billion Mega Millions I would still think $50k a month for rent was insane. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2.4  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  charger 383 @3.2.1    last year

Of course not.  Biden has already bragged 'bout how "simple and quick" his tax returns were to prepare.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    last year

Weird. I thought everybody kept a log of visitors to their home.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tacos! @4    last year

The Secret Service definitely does. If you don't think that they don't know who was going in and out of Brandon's house at every damn moment; then Trump has news for you. They may not have kept an "official" written record for public use; but they knew every damn minute who was where and when at that residence.  

The Secret Service also stated Sunday that while a detail is assigned to the home, they do not record visitors. "We don’t independently maintain our own visitor logs because it’s a private residence," spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told reporters.

This is what is know officially as double speak; or chronic BS. 

Hopefully the House will force them to jog their selective memories; and tapes, and put together a detail record. If they have to work some major overtime and weekends to do it; then maybe they will keep more detailed records in the future for all presidents.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.1  Snuffy  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1    last year

Yes, there was an FOIA lawsuit filed to get visitor logs for Mar-a-Lago and the Secret Service finally fessed up and provided "some" sort of a list.  I don't know if the lawsuit was ever fully completed.  The Secret Service argued that the bulk of the logs at Mar-a-Lago were pertaining to the Presidents schedule which is not subject to FOIA.

And it turns out the rule for White House visitor logs being public was started by Obama.  Prior to that the rule was that WH visitors logs were usually kept private until the President left office.

Perhaps this issue will be resolved by Congress.  I believe the House is currently discussing if they can mandate visitor logs for a Presidential home.