╌>

Youth pastor, teacher among 46 arrested in North Texas prostitution sting

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tacos  •  last year  •  25 comments

By:   Sarah Bahari, Staff writer.

Youth pastor, teacher among 46 arrested in North Texas prostitution sting
Nearly two dozen people were arrested in a massive North Texas commercial sex sting operation in Frisco and Southlake.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A youth pastor. A high school teacher and football coach. And an operations director of a large hospital network.

These were among the 46 men arrested in a massive undercover prostitution sting this month in Frisco and Southlake, local and federal authorities announced.

“When you think of trafficking, you think of streets in Dallas or Fort Worth or strip clubs,” said Agent John Perez, who oversees the North Texas Trafficking Task Force, part of Homeland Security Investigations. “But there’s a lot of demand in the suburbs.”

This is the second extensive commercial sex sting operation involving North Texas suburbs in recent months. Police arrested 23 people after an investigation at short-term rentals in Plano and Dallas .

In addition to the trafficking task force, agencies that took part in this month’s operation included the Arlington, Colleyville, Dallas, Flower Mound, Frisco, Irving and Midlothian police departments; the Collin, Dallas and Tarrant county sheriff’s departments; and the Dallas County district attorney’s office.

The operation coincided with the Department of Homeland Security’s Blue Campaign to highlight Human Trafficking Prevention Month , which is January.

“The victims of these heinous crimes are treated like commodities, used to make as much money as possible, as quickly as possible,” Tarrant County Sheriff Bill Waybourn said in a prepared statement. “Those who traffic victims are the scourge of the earth, and we will continue to target those responsible for the trafficking and those who solicit sex from them.”

Awareness of sexual trafficking and exploitation have grown immensely in recent years, heightened by a handful of high-profile cases. Last year, a 15-year-old girl disappeared from a Dallas Mavericks game at American Airlines Center and was found a few days later in Oklahoma City; three people were arrested on charges of human trafficking.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Tacos!    last year
A youth pastor. A high school teacher and football coach. And an operations director of a large hospital network.

No drag queens, though. Strange.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @1    last year
No drag queens, though. Strange

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    last year

republican, republican, republican...

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.2  MonsterMash  replied to  Tacos! @1    last year
No drag queens, though. Strange

The drag queens are at elementary schools doing story hour.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  MonsterMash @1.2    last year

They're not trafficking kids, tho, are they?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.1    last year
They're not trafficking kids, tho, are they?

Were any of these people they just arrested?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.2    last year

alledgedly

You did at least read the title of the seed didn't you?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  Jack_TX  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.3    last year

I actually read the entire seed.  It says they were arrested in a prostitution sting.  

I don't see where it says there were children involved.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.4    last year
heightened by a handful of high-profile cases. Last year, a 15-year-old girl disappeared from a Dallas Mavericks game at American Airlines Center and was found a few days later in Oklahoma City; three people were arrested on charges of human trafficking.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.6  Jack_TX  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.5    last year

That's an entirely different incident, which I suspect you probably knew anyway.

Your first clue should have been that those people were arrested in Oklahoma City, not Frisco or Southlake.  Your second clue might have been that those people were arrested back in April of last year.

This particular incident is simply a prostitution sting because neither Frisco nor Southlake have any actual crime, so the police departments have to import it and make it look worse than it is as they try to justify a bigger budget.  The Dallas Morning News is happy to help make shit look worse because they need quite a bit of justification for their own continued existence.

Further information:

Frisco police said during the operation and following the investigation, they found no evidence of local underage sex trafficking , contrary to rumors.

I find it interesting that we're now supposed to use the term "sex workers" instead of "prostitutes"...implying some level of legitimacy for the work these people do, yet we're still supposed to loathe and condemn their customers.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.6    last year

I really don't care

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     last year

Seems the cream of the Texas population isn't as righteous as they would like you to believe. 

Keep the drag queens, they seem to be a better lot than this group of hypocrites.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @2    last year

They only want to entertain us with their impressions of Liza Minelli and Barbra Streisand

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    last year

Donna Summers impersonator was my neighbor back in PA with a wall full of trophies, lol.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.1    last year

I was trying to think of some of the great ones. She was one of the greatest

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.2    last year

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @2.1.3    last year

That was great! Thanks for sharing it

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    last year

WTF....

A cast of characters in positions of trust...

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  Ender @3    last year

obviously there was no chemistry between the youth pastor and his preteen sunday school class...

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Ender  replied to  devangelical @3.1    last year

I wonder if they worked together and decided the easiest kids to snatch.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
4  Drakkonis    last year

[deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Tacos!  replied to  Drakkonis @4    last year
Why is it that everyone uses stories like this one to feed their prejudices? I can only assume it's some sort of emotional candy. 

Actually, I posted this story to help debunk a prejudice. See Comment #1.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Tacos! @4.1    last year

First, I don't remember what my post was. I only know now because you quoted it. I have no idea why it was tagged as a taunt. It certainly wasn't intended to be one. If I were interested in taunts, I'd reply a lot more to certain people in this place. The fact that I don't should be taken as evidence that I try to avoid taunts. 

My intent behind what I said was that, to my mind, stories like this depend on unrealistic expectations and a false sense of righteousness on behalf of commenters. To explain:

Youth pastor. People act as if the title defines the person. Ideally, it should, but would anyone argue against the idea that human beings are ideal? In spite of this, people seem to think that, because they haven't failed in this particular way, they have free reign to castigate an entire institution despite their moral failings in other areas. This is the reason behind what I originally posted. 

And, in case some idiot thinks I'm saying we need to give this guy a pass, I think this guy should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But the guy isn't the point of my original post. It is the sanctimonious responses to your post that I am addressing. 

Also, I see I am up to 7 tickets now, whatever that means. I wonder how many I have to be issued before being put in time out? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.2  seeder  Tacos!  replied to  Drakkonis @4.1.1    last year
I have no idea why it was tagged as a taunt.

I don’t either. I didn’t flag it. I had no problem responding to it as a normal comment.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
4.1.3  Drakkonis  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.2    last year
I don’t either. I didn’t flag it.

It never crossed my mind that you did. Seriously. Until you said this, the possibility never occurred to me.