╌>

Pence subpoenaed by special counsel investigating Trump | CNN Politics

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  last year  •  17 comments

By:   Kaitlan Collins (CNN)

Pence subpoenaed by special counsel investigating Trump | CNN Politics
Former Vice President Mike Pence has been subpoenaed by the special counsel investigating Donald Trump and his role in January 6, 2021, a source familiar with the matter told CNN.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former Vice President Mike Pence speaks at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, in Washington, October 19, 2022. J. Scott Applewhite/AP/FILE CNN —

Former Vice President Mike Pence has been subpoenaed by the special counsel investigating Donald Trump and his role in January 6, 2021, a source familiar with the matter told CNN.

Special counsel Jack Smith's office is seeking documents and testimony related to January 6, the source said. They want him to testify about his interactions with Trump leading up to the 2020 election and the day of the attack on the US Capitol.

ABC News first reported on the subpoena.

Pence's office declined to confirm he had been subpoenaed. A spokesman for the special counsel declined to comment to CNN on the matter.

CNN previously reported that months of negotiations preceded the subpoena to the former vice president.

This story is breaking and will be updated.

CNN's Katelyn Polantz and Evan Perez contributed to this report.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    last year

original

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  JBB @1    last year
months of negotiations preceded the subpoena to the former vice president

meh, so much for that all are equal before the law bullshit...

I wonder, will former VP Q-tip be writing another tell all, I mean tell more, book after his testimony?

hopefully that POS gets sucked into the trump vortex and prosecuted by for watching trump break the law and then not ratting him out. pence is the last person in line that the special counsel would be talking to for any inquiries into trump, on a number of crimes. I want to see jack smith fuck up some seditious trumpsters, and that includes those like pence that knew what was happening and said nothing.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1    last year

Why is he fighting the subpoena?  What does he have to hide????

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    last year

The proof of Trump's seditious conspiracy! 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2  devangelical    last year

after months of negotiation with the DOJ, super thumper was trying for an informal interview without being put under oath. fortunately jack smith pulled the trigger and subpoenaed him for grand jury testimony. looks like VP Q-tip was hoping to salvage some support from the people that wanted to hang him on 1/6/21 by not ratting out his former boss and continue in his already failed quest to reside in the white house in 2024. fat chance thumper.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3  Right Down the Center    last year

What a bombshell this is. The beginning of the end for Donald Trump. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
3.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    last year

“The beginning of the end for Donald Trump.”

No, just ‘the end of the beginning.’

As the self-immolation continues…the only imaginable end for the definition of a narcissist…

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2  Hallux  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    last year
The beginning of the end for Donald Trump.

I'm sure DeSantis is ecstatic.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Hallux @3.2    last year

I have to wonder if DeSantis doesn't have mixed feelings(assuming this doesn't lead to Trump being ineligible to run)

On the one hand Trump bashing DeSantis may actually help DeSantis as more and more people just tire of Trump

On the other hand Trump being seen as the poor persecuted baby may actually help him.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    last year

Another classified doc and other documents were confiscated from former VP Mike Pence's home today.

jrSmiley_72_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @4    last year

no worries, mother had it folded lengthwise and was using it as a bookmark in the family bible...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  devangelical @4.1    last year

I guess that's better than explaining that the empty Classified Folder was perfect for covering the phone at night because the blue lights kept me awake.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @4.1.1    last year

remotely plausible, since I doubt he knows how to clear the messages off a hotel phone.

freepress
Freshman Silent
5  freepress    last year

Pence had to do the right thing when the Capitol was under attack, he had his own life and the lives of his colleagues and family at stake and he knew the rules as did his counsel. However since then he has hidden, tried to straddle the fence and play along with right wing extremes in his party and now is doing a dance of nonsense trying to get out of publicly doing the right thing again knowing if he does run in 2024 doing the right thing will sink him. He doesn't seem to realize that he is sunk anyway because too many right wing nuts hate him anyway for doing the right thing at all.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
6  Duck Hawk    last year

I think it's absolutely disgusting that a former VP would not obey a subpoena. There are definitely TWO classes in American justice. "Justice" for those in/with political power and then the rest of us. I wonder what would happen if I refused a subpoena, think I would be in jail? Do you think I can shop around for a judge who will look at my case favorably to me? 

P***y needs to man up and obey the law like the rest of the citizens!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Duck Hawk @6    last year

He is obeying the law.  This is not a police state. Americans  absolutely have the right to challenge the validity of subpoenas.   If he loses in court and still won’t comply, then you have a leg to stand on.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1    last year

Former VPs have zero executive privileges...