╌>

Special Counsel's Trump Probe Heats Up - WSJ

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  last year  •  4 comments

By:   C. Ryan Barber, Sadie Gurman and Aruna Viswanatha (WSJ)

Special Counsel's Trump Probe Heats Up - WSJ
Investigation into Jan. 6 activities and handling of classified documents appears to have reached advanced stages

This coming from The Wall Fucking Street Journal...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Special counsel Jack Smith's probe has taken steps to obtain the testimony of former Vice President Mike Pence and former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows. Photo: Jerry Lampen/Press Pool By C. Ryan Barber, Sadie Gurman and Aruna Viswanatha Feb. 25, 2023 9:02 am ET Share

WASHINGTON—The special counsel investigating former President Donald Trump appears to have reached the advanced stages of his sweeping inquiry after a flurry of aggressive steps in recent weeks, some of which have set the stage for court fights that could take months to resolve.

In recent days, special counsel Jack Smith's office asked a federal judge to override Mr. Trump's assertion of executive privilege to shield former Vice President Mike Pence from testifying before a grand jury about the former president's efforts to stay in office after his 2020 election loss, people familiar with the effort said. Mr. Pence has vowed to mount his own challenge to the subpoena and take it as far as the Supreme Court.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    last year

original

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1    last year

Why has the DOJ been trying monkeys and clowns?

JBB
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JBB    last year

If the leaders of The Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers are guilty of seditious conspiracy then the leader of that conspiracy is also and must also be held accountable for January 6th, 2021!

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1  Snuffy  replied to  JBB @2    last year

Is there any proof that Trump was the leader of a conspiracy with the Proud Boys or the Oath Keepers?  So far all I've seen or read is that the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers came to Washington because Trump in one of his speeches said to come to Washington.   So I'm asking an honest question.  Is there any real proof?  I don't mean loud-mouth Alex Jones saying in one of his shows that "oooo, something big is gonna happen tomorrow" as proof because it's really not proof of anything except Jones likes to talk and insinuate that he "knows" things when all he does is spout crap.  Some real proof.  You got any?

Otherwise this seed is just another in a long series of "we really really got him now" seeds and I'll just continue to wait until the end of all this to find out what really happens to him.