╌>

Prince Harry's 'attacks' on 'villain' Camilla led to Frogmore Cottage eviction: expert | Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  last year  •  14 comments

By:   Lauryn Overhultz (Fox News)

Prince Harry's 'attacks' on 'villain' Camilla led to Frogmore Cottage eviction: expert | Fox News
King Charles III's "last straw" with Prince Harry was the duke's comments about Camilla ahead of the Frogmore Cottage eviction. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle moved in in 2019.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

LFox News contributor Raymond Arroyo discusses Prince Harry and Meghan Markle being evicted from Frogmore Cottage and LaToya Cantrell facing a recall movement on 'The Ingraham Angle.'

Prince Harry's comments about Camilla during his press tour for "Spare" were reportedly the "final straw" that led to his and Meghan Markle's eviction from Frogmore Cottage.

Harry, 38, and Markle, 41, were asked to vacate the royal abode so that Prince Andrew could reportedly move in. The process was started Jan. 11, just one day after the Duke of Sussex's memoir was released, according to The Mirror.

One royal expert told Fox News Digital it's not surprising Harry's comments pushed Charles over the edge.

"The King is ferociously loyal to his wife, so it doesn't surprise me that, above all the things written in 'Spare,' Harry's attacks on Camilla were what irked Charles the most," said Chris Andersen, author of "The King."

Camilla_Prince_Harry.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Prince Harry's comments about Camilla during his press tour for "Spare" were reportedly the "last straw" for King Charles III.(Getty IImages(

MEGHAN MARKLE, PRINCE HARRY 'STUNNED' BY KING CHARLES' 'CRUEL' FROGMORE COTTAGE EVICTION, REPORT SAYS

"As far as the King is concerned, the coronation has as much to do with Camilla as it does with him. Crowning Camilla is the capstone of their love story. But Diana's ghost still hangs over the proceedings. Harry's description of how Camilla schemed to get where she is will make sure of that."

A source told The Mirror Harry's comments about Camilla were the "last straw" and that Harry's memoir crossed a line.

"It was the last straw. Harry was well aware how Camilla would be a red line for his father, and he crossed with flagrant disregard anyway," the source said. "It was the ultimate act of disrespect."

GettyImages-53221135.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Prince Harry claimed Camilla was "the villain." (James Vellacott)

MEGHAN MARKLE, PRINCE HARRY SUFFERED HOLLYWOOD 'MISCALCULATION' WITH EXPLOSIVE TELL-ALLS: EXPERTS

Prince-Harry-Spare.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Tom Bradby and Prince Harry chatted ahead of the release of "Spare," which chronicles Harry's royal life.(ITV)

Prince Harry labeled Camilla a "villain" during his press tour for "Spare." The queen consort was painted as the evil stepmother by the prince in his memoir.

"She was the villain. She was the third person in their marriage," Harry said during an interview with "60 Minutes." "She needed to rehabilitate her image."

"You and your brother both directly asked your dad not to marry Camilla?" Anderson Cooper asked.

"Yes," Prince Harry replied. Cooper went on to ask the royal why.

"We didn't think it was necessary. We thought that it was gonna cause more harm than good and that if he was now with his person, that surely that's enough," he said. "Why go that far when you don't necessarily need to? We wanted him to be happy. And we saw how happy he was with her. So, at the time, it was, 'OK.'"

image.jpg?ve=1&tl=1 Video

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

image.jpg?ve=1&tl=1 Video

Harry also criticized Camilla's relationship with the press.

"That made her dangerous because of the connections that she was forging within the British press. And there was open willingness on both sides to trade of information," Harry said. "And with a family built on hierarchy, and with her on the way to being queen consort, there was gonna be people or bodies left in the street because of that.

"If you are led to believe, as a member of the family, that being on the front page, having positive headlines, positive stories written about you, is going to improve your reputation or increase the chances of you being accepted as monarch by the British public, then that's what you're gonna do," Harry wrote in "Spare."

Prince-Harry-Camilla.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Prince Harry said he and Prince William both asked their father, King Charles III, not to marry Camilla.(Getty Images)

"Spare" is Harry's highly personal and intimate account of his life in the royal family and his relationship with American actor Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex.

Fox News Digital's Ashley Papa and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    last year

original

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     last year
"The King is ferociously loyal to his wife,

Too bad he wasn't ferociously loyal to his first wife and mother of his children, Princess Diana. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
2.1  shona1  replied to  Kavika @2    last year

Morning...took the words right out of my mouth...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @2.1    last year

And mine.  As a Canadian I may have been a British subject, but Chuckie ain't MY king and never will be.  He should do the right thing like his great uncle Edward did.  

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.2  MonsterMash  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.1    last year

Charles and Harry have the same problem, they're both pussy whipped. Even without Camilla Charles would still be a schmuck.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @2.1.2    last year

I'm sure a lot of people will watch the pageantry of the asshole's coronation.  I won't.  I wish that with the cameras on him the crown falls off his head.  Actually that would be really significant. 

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
3  mocowgirl    last year

The attacks were not limited to Camilla.  Harry attacked his father, brother and sister-in-law in his book.  After the book release, Harry has been demanding an apology from his father and brother for hurting his and his wife's feelings.  This is probably the answer to that absurd request.

South Park created an outstanding episode ridiculing Harry and his wife selling his family's privacy for megabuck while demanding a right to their own privacy.

The South Park episode is probably still free somewhere on the internet. 

I will share a recent critique on why many people are weary of listening to Harry playing the perpetual victim.

and losing an English residence may have US tax consequences for Harry.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1  Sparty On  replied to  mocowgirl @3    last year

South Park, spot on once again.

shona1
PhD Quiet
4  shona1    last year

Morning... Australia and Canada I think breathed a collective sigh of relief when those two drop kicks decided to lob into the US to live...

As for getting the royal order of the boot out of Frogmore couldn't happen to a nicer pair..

If they handed out academy awards for drama queens...they would win hands down ..

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
4.1  mocowgirl  replied to  shona1 @4    last year
If they handed out academy awards for drama queens...they would win hands down ..

Absolutely.

I am amazed at Harry's ability to disguise his envy and hatred for his brother all these decades.  

charger 383
Professor Silent
5  charger 383    last year

I used to like Harry and not like Camilla, now I don't like either of them.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
6  MonsterMash    last year

Harry, Meghan, Charles, and Camilla the royal schmucks.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    last year

Well, thankfully there's still Willie and Kate, and Willie will eventually take the crown, IMO the sooner the better. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    last year

Wait, the British royal fam is still a thing? I thought she died...