╌>

Hawk appears to drop snake on Texas woman before attacking to get it back

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  9 months ago  •  12 comments

By:   NBC News

Hawk appears to drop snake on Texas woman before attacking to get it back
Peggy Jones was mowing her lawn on Tuesday when out of nowhere, a snake appeared to plummet from the sky before landing on her arm and wrapping itself around her limb.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Aug. 9, 2023, 12:22 PM UTCBy Chantal Da Silva

It turns out snakes don't need a plane to fall from the sky.

In a bewildering series of events, a Texas woman was injured after a hawk appeared to drop a snake on her before swooping down and launching an attack in an attempt to recover its prey.

Peggy Jones was mowing her lawn in Silsbee, about 100 miles northeast of Houston, on Tuesday when out of nowhere, a snake plummeted from the sky before landing on her arm and wrapping itself around her limb, she told Houston-based NBC affiliate KPRC-TV.

As the snake tightened around her arm, a hawk suddenly swooped down from above and started attacking Jones as it tried to pry the serpent away from her.

"The snake was squeezing so hard, and I was waving my arms in the air. And then, this hawk was swooping down clawing at my arm over and over," Jones, who did not immediately respond to a request for comment from NBC News, told KPRC.

"I just kept saying, 'Help me, Jesus. Help me, Jesus'," she said.

She said the hawk came at her at least four times before it finally managed to get hold of the snake and fly away.

Photos shared with KPRC appeared to show deep cuts and bruises on Jones' bloodied right forearm following the attack.

Jones said her husband took her to the emergency room after he heard her screaming and ran to her aid.

"I was yelling and screaming. He didn't know what I was saying. I thought I was bit by a snake," she said.

No snake bite was found, but Jones said she did find what appeared to be snake venom on her glasses, which were damaged during the incident.

The Silsbee resident said people have told her she must be the unluckiest person alive to have both a snake and hawk attack her at the same time. However, she said: "I feel like the luckiest person alive to have survived this!"

She also said it wasn't her first encounter with a snake — she already survived being bitten by a serpent a few years ago, KPRC reported.

Chantal Da Silva

Chantal Da Silva is a breaking news editor for NBC News Digital based in London.

Red Box Rules

jrSmiley_22_smiley_image.gif   Nope.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah    9 months ago

I have no words.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    9 months ago

great. now who's going to mow the lawn?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.1    9 months ago

In my neighborhood it's mostly Hispanics.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.1.2  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.1    9 months ago

I thought that was supposed to be a culturally insensitive thing to say.  Is it a good place to find Jesus?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.1.2    9 months ago
I thought that was supposed to be a culturally insensitive thing to say.  

Why would you think that, do you want them unemployed?

Is it a good place to find Jesus?

Don't know, haven't looked for him.  Most of the signs on street lights here are about missing cats or dogs.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2  cjcold  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    9 months ago
I have no words.

Yet another reason to avoid Texas.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.2    9 months ago

Excellent!

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    9 months ago

She should have rushed to by a ticket for the big MegaMillions drawing 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  charger 383 @2    9 months ago

Thanks for my first laugh out loud today, and it's almost noon here. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     9 months ago

One in a billion for that to happen.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    9 months ago

I see that as just part of nature and the Earth's wildlife getting even with us for totally fucking up the planet.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  seeder  Hal A. Lujah    9 months ago

My question is when she cried “Help me Jesus!”, why didn’t he?