╌>

GoFundMe To Send The Squad To Gaza Raises $5 Million

Category:  Satire

Via:  gregtx  •  7 months ago  •  17 comments

GoFundMe To Send The Squad To Gaza Raises $5 Million
U.S. — Following the controversy that arose due to comments made by a group of outspoken members of Congress known as "The Squad" regarding the Hamas terrorist attacks on Israel, a GoFundMe that proposes sending "The Squad" to Gaza raised $5 million within just a few hours.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S. — Following the controversy that arose due to comments made by a group of outspoken members of Congress known as "The Squad" regarding the Hamas terrorist attacks on Israel, a GoFundMe that proposes sending "The Squad" to Gaza raised $5 million within just a few hours.

"We're raising money at a record pace here," said Hank Thomas, the man who started the GoFundMe. "I expected there to be a decent amount of support for shipping members of The Squad off to show their solidarity with the Palestinians, but the eagerness people have to send them to Gaza is just explosive."

As support for the GoFundMe continued to grow, ordinary people across the United States began doing whatever they could at the grassroots level to help the cause. "I've already sold both of my family's cars," said proud American Cody Callow. "This weekend, I'm having my kids work long shifts at their roadside lemonade stand. Maybe I'll take out a second mortgage on the house next week. Whatever we can do to make this happen!"

At publishing time, the GoFundMe added a stretch goal to throw in Joe Biden and Kamala Harris if support broke the $10 million mark.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    7 months ago

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  GregTx @1    7 months ago

It only took the title of this satire to cause my first laugh out loud of the day - although it's a satire, IMO it's also a brilliant suggestion.  Although that war is no laughing matter, I really do smile when I imagine them stumbling through the rubble. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    7 months ago

Maybe they’ll fly in on their brooms …… and your little dog too!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3  Just Jim NC TttH    7 months ago

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4  Jeremy Retired in NC    7 months ago

$5 mil?  An inflatable boat only costs about $1000.  I move we use the remaining $4.9 mil for something worthwhile.

GregTx
PhD Guide
4.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4    7 months ago

Personally, I'm hoping they hit the $10m mark.....

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  GregTx @4.1    7 months ago

That would be the best option for everybody.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4    7 months ago
"$5 mil?  An inflatable boat only costs about $1000."

Come on Jeremy, the war would be over and Gaza flattened by that time.  $5 mil is enough already to charter a jet plane.  Make it an empty cargo plane, no need to provide them with comfort on the way, and that way they could experience what the Gazans will be left with when the war is over.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2    7 months ago
$5 mil is enough already to charter a jet plane.

Why afford them the luxury?  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2.1    7 months ago

It's not the luxury, it's the speed.  IMO the faster we can get them there the better off America would be.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.2    7 months ago

I'm all for making it as miserable as possible.  An aircraft would get them out of here faster but they would have little work to do.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2.3    7 months ago

Okay then, a Native American war canoe and paddles. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5  Nerm_L    7 months ago

charger 383
Professor Silent
6  charger 383    7 months ago

One way tickets

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  charger 383 @6    7 months ago

Good idea.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
7  Right Down the Center    7 months ago

Damn. I was writing a check before my wife pointed out it was satire.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Right Down the Center @7    7 months ago

LOL