╌>

East Palestine Witnesses Another Train Wreck

Category:  Satire

Via:  gregtx  •  3 months ago  •  86 comments

East Palestine Witnesses Another Train Wreck
EAST PALESTINE, OH — After a little more than one year after the tragic train derailment and chemical explosion in East Palestine Ohio, the town's residents were forced to witness yet another catastrophic train wreck. Authorities are currently on the scene assessing the damage.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

EAST PALESTINE, OH — After a little more than one year after the tragic train derailment and chemical explosion in East Palestine Ohio, the town's residents were forced to witness yet another catastrophic train wreck. Authorities are currently on the scene assessing the damage.

"It's great to be here in North Philistine," said Biden to a small crowd of gathered fake supporters. "I'm sorry for your loss. I understand how it feels. I lost my son in a train derailment. Not a joke."

"I haven't seen a disaster like this since the last disaster," said East Palestine's Mayor. "I thought when a train spilled toxic chemicals into our water and air and threw a fiery plume of smoke into the sky, I had seen the worst thing to ever happen here. Sadly, I was wrong."

At publishing time, the President had passed around a collection plate to the locals to raise money for Ukraine.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    3 months ago

GregTx
PhD Guide
2  seeder  GregTx    3 months ago

I would say that the most transparent thing about this President's administration and his campaign are their inadequacies. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  GregTx @2    3 months ago
I would say that the most transparent thing about this President's administration and his campaign are their inadequacies. 

Really? No specifics? Let me give you a few of many Biden accomplishments. And please, spare us the dismissive pronouncements. If you can't offer specific rebuttals.

1. Passed the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package to increase investment in the national network of bridges and roads, airports, public transport and national broadband internet, as well as waterways and energy systems. 

2. Helped get more than 500 million life-saving COVID-19 vaccinations in the arms of Americans through the American Rescue Plan. 

3. Stopped a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence by signing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that created enhanced background checks, closed the “boyfriend” loophole, and provided funds for youth mental health. 

4. Made a $369 billion investment in climate change, the largest in American history, through the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. 

5. Ended the longest war in American history by pulling the troops out of Afghanistan.

6. Provided $10,000 to $20,000 in college debt relief to Americans with loans who make under $125,000 a year. This was struck down but the Supreme Court, however, the administration has announced a new plan to forgive billions in loans that were qualified under special programs but not done due to DOE mismanagement in previous years. Read the article above) 

7. Cut child poverty in half through the American Rescue Plan. 

8. Capped prescription drug prices at $2,000 per year for seniors on Medicare through the Inflation Reduction Act. 

9. Passed the COVID-19 relief deal that provided payments of up to $1,400 to many struggling U.S. citizens while supporting renters and increasing unemployment benefits. 

10. Achieved historically low unemployment rates after the pandemic caused them to skyrocket. 

11. Imposed a 15% minimum corporate tax on some of the largest corporations in the country, ensuring that they pay their fair share, as part of the historic Inflation Reduction Act.

12. Recommitted America to the global fight against climate change by rejoining the Paris Agreement. 

13. Strengthened the NATO alliance in support of Ukraine after the Russian invasion by endorsing the inclusion of world military powers Sweden and Finland. 

14. Authorized the assassination of the Al Qaeda terrorist Ayman al-Zawahiri, who became head of the organization after the death of Osama bin Laden. 

15. Gave Medicare the power to negotiate prescription drug prices through the Inflation Reduction Act while also reducing government health spending.

16. Held Vladimir Putin accountable for his invasion of Ukraine by imposing stiff economic sanctions. 

17. Boosted the budget of the Internal Revenue Service by nearly $80 billion to reduce tax evasion and increase revenue. 

18. Created more jobs in one year (6.6 million) than any other president in U.S. history. 

19. Reduced healthcare premiums under the Affordable Care Act by $800 a year as part of the American Rescue Plan. 

20. Signed the PACT Act to address service members’ exposure to burn pits and other toxins. 

21. Signed the CHIPS and Science Act to strengthen American manufacturing and innovation. 

22. Reauthorized the Violence Against Women Act through 2027. 

23. Halted all federal executions after the previous administration reinstated them after a 17-year freeze 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1    3 months ago

How about issues that the voters really care about Mac?  And how many of these "accomplishments" are the result of what Biden and the Democrats did or did not do? And how were them were beneficial to the majority of Americans?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.1    3 months ago

I still cannot get past Biden's Afghanistan train wreck of a evacuation that got 13 American service members killed and thousands of American and Afghans left behind when the US pulled out with it's tail between it's legs all courtesy of Joe Biden.

George
Junior Expert
2.1.3  George  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.2    3 months ago

Now you have done it, some idiot is going to try to blame Trump now in-spite of the fact that Biden didn’t follow any of the other trump policies like stay in Mexico.

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.1.4  seeder  GregTx  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1    3 months ago

Mmmm. Immigration, the economy and fitness for office.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  George @2.1.3    3 months ago

Actually, he already has.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.2    3 months ago

Do you still hate Nixon & Ford for the Fall of Saigon?

How many POWs, Vietnamese friendlies and Hmong troops did we leave behind there.

Be fair,

there was a treaty being honored ( for a change ). Not one that Biden signed either.

George
Junior Expert
2.1.7  George  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.6    3 months ago
there was a treaty being honored

Can you show where the Senate approved this treaty? Because there isn’t one without Senate approval, and Trumps tentative agreement was to leave May 1, so if dickhead was just honoring the “treaty” why did the stupid bastard give the Taliban 4 more months to prepare and not leave until August 31? This is 100% Biden’s fuck-up.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.8  Split Personality  replied to  George @2.1.7    3 months ago

Sound's like Trump went around the Senate, no surprise there, huh?

2022 was the first year since 2000 with no deaths due to hostile action.

Sadly, there were 13 in 2021.

Nor do I remember any melt downs with the 65 that were killed during the last Administration.

George
Junior Expert
2.1.9  George  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.8    3 months ago

So there goes Biden’s only defense for his fucked up withdrawal.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.10  Split Personality  replied to  George @2.1.9    3 months ago

The fucked up withdrawal retrieved every worthy airframe and much more material and personnel that would have been left behind if the May date stood.

But I understand, critics have to criticize and denigrate.

George
Junior Expert
2.1.11  George  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.10    3 months ago

You don’t know that, without the 4 months Biden gave them to mobilize we may have had a seem less withdrawal on May 1st, the only thing we know with 100% certainty is Biden completely fucked up his withdrawal.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.12  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.10    3 months ago
much more material and personnel that would have been left behind if the May date stood.

You know this how?

Where is your non partisan proof?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.6    3 months ago

It fell in 1975. The US left in 1973.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.6    3 months ago

We have built nasty reputation for the systemic abandonment of our allies where we leave them behind from the Montagnards of Vietnam to the Kurds in Syria and Afghans.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.15  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @2.1.12    3 months ago

Reading reports, watching the news and staying in touch with people

in the Pentagon.

Why did Trump need 14 months and not complete the withdrawal?

By January 1 2021 the treaty was essentially fulfilled and the US only had 2,500 troops scattered around the country.

Trump could have ordered them out at that point and proclaimed himself a hero.

The demilitarization and evacuation of Bagram wasn't completed until 07/06/21.  The only airframes left behind were already slated for scrapping.

Biden wanted safe and orderly and if possible a final date of 09/11

That didn't happen either because warfare is not a scheduled event

like soccer practice.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.16  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.14    3 months ago

correct, I said Hmung but I was thinking Montagnards.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.17  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.13    3 months ago

Chris McGee and Darwin Lee Judge would disagree

if they were alive today.

Alas they were the last two AMericans ( USMC ) to give their lives

"to the cause" on April 29 1975 at Tan Son Fhuc airfield.  Both had been in country for just a few weeks.

The US left in 1973

Funny how indirect support included the whole Task Force 7

sitting off the coast of VN

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.17    3 months ago

I don't think anyone would disagree. We finished in 1973.

On Jan. 23, 1973, President Richard Nixon announced an accord had been reached to end the Vietnam War. In a televised speech, Nixon said the accord would “end the war and bring peace with honor.”

The Paris Peace Accords, negotiated by Nixon’s national security adviser, Henry Kissinger, and North Vietnam’s Le Duc Tho, called for a ceasefire to begin on Jan. 27 between North and South Vietnamese troops that would allow Americans troops to begin a 60-day withdrawal. Additionally, North Vietnam agreed to release all American prisoners of war.

Jan. 23, 1973 | Nixon Announces End of U.S. Involvement in Vietnam - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.19  Split Personality  replied to  George @2.1.11    3 months ago
we may have had a seem less withdrawal on May 1st,

and you don't know that either.

What I do know is that less time, means less planning and more variations from the plan.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.20  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.18    3 months ago

And in 1974 we gave them $1.1 billion and another $$750 Million 

in direct military aid while still conducting operations by the CIA in Laos and Thailand and who knows where else.

Isn't that the definition of a proxy war?

What was the 7TH Fleet doing there, fishing?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.20    3 months ago

And they had a 100,000-man army.

Sorry, SP, they lost their war in the end.

George
Junior Expert
2.1.22  George  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.19    3 months ago

Less time for the Taliban to plan, no amount of time will make up for the dementia in chief.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.23  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.18    3 months ago

All the announcements in the world do not mean diddly shit. In 1975 the Mayaguez incident took place in Cambodia when the ship Mayaguez was captured by the Khmer Rouge and President Ford sent in the Marines what they thought would be a quick simple operation resulting in a disaster in which t otal U.S. casualties included 18 dead and 50 wounded. Twenty-three more USAF personnel died in a support force helicopter crash in Thailand due to mechanical failure. 

If it hadn't been for a USMC Sargent Scout Sniper Fofo Tuitele the KIA and WIA would have been much higher.

Leave No Man Behind: The Truth About the Mayaguez Incident 

The last casualties of the final battle of the Vietnam War were 3 Marines left behind on Cambodia’s Koh Tang Island.

The three Marines left behind survived for days but were finally captured and killled by the KR. They are the last names on the Vietnam Memorial.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Kavika   replied to  Split Personality @2.1.20    3 months ago
in direct military aid while still conducting operations by the CIA in Laos and Thailand and who knows where else.

Cambodia.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.25  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.23    3 months ago

We also have troops in the middle east, but we are no longer fighting a war there.

You are just going to have to accept it: South Vietnam lost that war. We left in '73.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.18    3 months ago

You didn't.  Those who served did.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.26    3 months ago
Those who served did.

Not according to your friends. They point to bases that we kept there.

What say you?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.25    3 months ago
You are just going to have to accept it: South Vietnam lost that war. We left in '73.

I'm well aware that South Vietnam lost the war I did spend 24 months there, remember? I'm the squad leader. 

I suppose you can claim whatever you want but the US government recognizes the 18 Marines KIA and the 50 wounded as Vietnam Vets and the KIA are on the Memorial Wall. 

Of course, you could argue your point to SSGT Fofo Tuitele or PFC Al Bailey I'm sure that they have a much different view or the 18 that died there surely they would set you straight.

Sad that you insist on making a point that is moot when American Marines and Air Force personnel fought for their lives and many died.

Semper Fi  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.29  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.28    3 months ago
I'm well aware that South Vietnam lost the war I did spend 24 months there, remember? I'm the squad leader. 

I know you keep telling us.

I suppose you can claim whatever you want but the US government recognizes the 18 Marines KIA and the 50 wounded as Vietnam Vets and the KIA are on the Memorial Wall. 

Of course we recognize them.

Of course, you could argue your point to SSGT Fofo Tuitele or PFC Al Bailey I'm sure that they have a much different view or the 18 that died there surely they would set you straight.

We don't know how they felt. Some may even think that they might have a lot of disagreement with you, but it is never a good thing to invoke dead veterans into such a conversation.

Sad that you insist on making a point that is moot when American Marines and Air Force personnel fought for their lives and many died.

What is really sad is that you and it was YOU that used them to make a point that isn't even a valid point. The US war with North Vietnam ended in 1973 and that is a FACT.

Fair winds.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.30  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.29    3 months ago
I know you keep telling us.

Only when I find it necessary to remind you that I have actual personal experience in that particular event.

Of course we recognize them.

If ''we'' recognize them and the battle took place after Nixon's announcement and they are on the wall as the last of the US KIA in the Vietnam War then the war must have been going on after Nixon's announcement...As stated announcements don't mean shit in the real world.

We don't know how they felt. Some may even think that they might have a lot of disagreement with you, but it is never a good thing to invoke dead veterans into such a conversation.

Actually, I do, since I spoke to SSGT Fofo several times, and of course you can read what he Bailey and several other Marines had to say about it. 

What is really sad is that you and it was YOU that used them to make a point that isn't even a valid point. The US war with North Vietnam ended in 1973 and that is a FACT.

You don't need to yell, it makes you whole comment more childish than it already is. 

I didn't use them, I pointed out to you that if you spoke to them both those who sacrificed their lives and those like Fo Fo and Bailey you would get a quick history lesson. 

Cheers

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.31  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.27    3 months ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.32  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.30    3 months ago
Only when I find it necessary to remind you that I have actual personal experience in that particular event.

Is that why you do it?

If ''we'' recognize them and the battle took place after Nixon's announcement and they are on the wall as the last of the US KIA in the Vietnam War then the war must have been going on after Nixon's announcement...As stated announcements don't mean shit in the real world.

Sorry, Kavika, that simply isn't going to work.

Actually, I do, since I spoke to SSGT Fofo several times, and of course you can read what he Bailey and several other Marines had to say about it. 

That we'll have to take your word for, won't we.

I didn't use them,

Yes, you did. Everyone can see it. Don't make it worse.

Adios Amigo!

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.33  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.32    3 months ago
Is that why you do it?

Well duh.

Sorry, Kavika, that simply isn't going to work.

Good to know that actual verified events don't work in your world.

That we'll have to take your word for, won't we.

Whether you take my word for it or not is of no concern of mine. 

Yes, you did. Everyone can see it. Don't make it worse.

Yes, of course they can see it and what they see if they don't have blinders on is you tap dancing. 

Cheers.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.34  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @2.1.24    3 months ago

Thank you for reminding me, teacher.

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.1.35  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.34    3 months ago

Ahh, that's nice. It's amazing how fast this thread deflected from Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan to the withdrawal from Saigon some 50 years ago.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.1.36  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.32    3 months ago
If ''we'' recognize them and the battle took place after Nixon's announcement and they are on the wall as the last of the US KIA in the Vietnam War then the war must have been going on after Nixon's announcement...As stated announcements don't mean shit in the real world.Sorry, Kavika, that simply isn't going to work.

Hey Vic, who the HELL are you to tell a veteran that was there what the fck happened ?

Are you really this insecure where you choose to argue with a veteran that was ?

Have a little respect Vic, and as I know not if you served, but if you did, I thank you, just like i appreciate and thank Kavika for his service! Damn Vic, in my eyes that is WRONG..

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.37  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.6    2 months ago

Yoiu mean the treaty that Brandon unilaterally pushed back the departure date on? Thinking that the Taliban and all of the other factions we were fighting would honor it?

Biden delayed the May 1 withdrawal date that he inherited. But ultimately his administration pushed ahead with a plan to withdraw by Aug. 31, despite obvious signs that the Taliban wasn’t complying with the agreement and had a  stated goal  to create an “Islamic government” in Afghanistan after the U.S. left, even if it meant it had to “continue our war to achieve our goal.” Biden  assured Americans  last month that a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan was “not inevitable,” and denied that U.S. intelligence assessed that the Afghan government would likely collapse. But it did — and quickly.

The fact that he lied not only to Afghanistans but to the US about the state of the war several months before the withdrawal;  failed to get US civilians out- because he didn't want to make it look like the country was falling?

In the call, Biden offered aid if Ghani could publicly project he had a plan to control the spiraling situation in Afghanistan. “We will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is,” Biden said. Days before the call, the U.S. carried out air strikes to support Afghan security forces, a move the Taliban said was in violation of the Doha peace agreement.
The U.S. president also advised Ghani to get buy-in from powerful Afghans for a military strategy going forward, and then to put a “warrior” in charge of the effort, a reference to Defense Minister General Bismillah Khan Mohammadi.
Biden lauded the Afghan armed forces, which were trained and funded by the U.S. government. “You clearly have the best military,” he told Ghani. “You have 300,000 well-armed forces versus 70-80,000 and they’re clearly capable of fighting well.” Days later, the Afghan military started folding across provincial capitals in the country with little fight against the Taliban.
In much of the call, Biden focused on what he called the Afghan government’s “perception” problem. “I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” Biden said. “And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.”
Biden told Ghani that if Afghanistan’s prominent political figures were to give a press conference together, backing a new military strategy, “that will change perception, and that will change an awful lot I think.”

Top military leaders said Tuesday that they had recommended to President Joe Biden that the U.S. keep 2,500 troops in Afghanistan even after the   Aug. 31 withdrawal deadline , contradicting the president's assertion last month that his advisers did not tell him to leave a small military presence in the country.

Gen. Frank McKenzie, who oversaw the withdrawal as head of U.S. Central Command, and Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in testimony before Congress that they had communicated that advice to the president.

Biden, however, was asked in   an interview with ABC News   in mid-August whether any of his military advisers told him to leave 2,500 troops in the country.

"No," Biden said. "No one said that to me that I can recall.”

McKenzie also said in his testimony to the Senate Armed Services Committee on Tuesday that he had held the view that a withdrawal of forces would "inevitably" lead to the collapse of the Afghan forces and government.

Milley confirmed later in the hearing that he agreed with the recommendation to leave behind a force of a few thousand troops. He added that if the U.S. military had stayed in Afghanistan past Aug. 31, the risk of attacks on both American civilians and service members would have increased. Additionally, remaining in the country would have required 15,000 to 20,000 troops and a move to re-establish control of Bagram Airfield, he said.

Brandon thought bullshit would prevent the collapse of Afghanistan.
Americans and Vietnamese that are old enough to remember it still do. Or do you think history gave a pass to Nixon/Ford that Democrats/leftists so desperately want to give Brandon. Also, Nixon made it damn clear to US citizens in Vietnam to get the hell out before the withdrawal deadline; and yet it still was a disaster. Brandon's administration made no such effort in Afghanistan. Perception over reality with Brandon.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.38  Vic Eldred  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.36    2 months ago
Hey Vic, who the HELL are you to tell a veteran that was there what the fck happened ?

I no longer have the right to an opinion?  Is this how it works in Biden's America?

Are you really this insecure where you choose to argue with a veteran that was ?

I've known many veterans. Just about every one of them agrees with me.

Have a little respect Vic, and as I know not if you served, but if you did, I thank you, just like i appreciate and thank Kavika for his service! Damn Vic, in my eyes that is WRONG..

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.39  Vic Eldred  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1    2 months ago

If my name was Bill Ayers, I would love every bit of it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.40  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.38    2 months ago

[deleted]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.41  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.6    2 months ago

As far as Vietnam, when I was there I never hated Nixon or Ford so much as I totally detested McNamara.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.42  Split Personality  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.41    2 months ago

I can see the point of that,

so why detest Biden who was retired when the Dohan Agreement was signed by the Trump Administration?

Trying to detest one of the many SecDef appointees in the Trump Administration might be more difficult

but I believe it was a toss up between Miller and Esper at that time.

Overall there were 7 SecDef ; Only Mattis and Esper were confirmed the others were all Acting SecDef including a previous stint by Esper.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.43  Kavika   replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.36    2 months ago

No worries, Iggy I expect it from him, he is probably trying to cover the fact that he never served, I don't know if it was from bone spurs or what but he does seem to be touchy about my service, trying to compensate for his lack of service I suppose.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.44  Split Personality  replied to  GregTx @2.1.35    2 months ago

The remark was made that the US was forced to retreat from Afghanistan with it's tail between it's legs.

Biden was a retired citizen when the Dohan Agreement was signed by the USA and the Taliban

without input from the actual government of Afghanistan.

During the Trump years at least 62 lives were lost in hostile action and no one here said a word that I remember.

The 13 lost in 2021 were most regrettable.

The zero lost in 22 was something no one  here noticed either.

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.1.45  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.44    2 months ago

I see. Your defense of your deflection is duly noted.

The remark was made that the US was forced to retreat from Afghanistan with it's tail between it's legs.

How would you describe it?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.46  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.37    2 months ago
Also, Nixon made it damn clear to US citizens in Vietnam to get the hell out before the withdrawal deadline; and yet it still was a disaster. Brandon's administration made no such effort in Afghanistan. Perception over reality with Brandon.

I remember the State Department memos starting in February monthly warning Americans to leave,

I reprinted them here frequently that August and September. 

From July 6 when the last planes and equipment were flown to Qatar and Bagram was declared demilitarized and evacuated, State emailed texted and announced daily for all concerned to leave via Kabul.

You are entitled to your own opinions, but to say that State did nothing is just misinformation.

Security Alert - May 15, 2021 - U.S. Mission to Afghanistan (usembassy.gov)

Everyone entitled to do so  should have left that week but maybe people,

especially Americans, don't like to be told by the government what to do.

After all how often is the government or weatherman right?

They were correct this time and those who waited til the last minute paid, some with their lives.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.47  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.21    2 months ago
they lost their war in the end.

no one denies that.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.1.48  charger 383  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.36    2 months ago

As 2.1.36 was responded to by member addressed in 2.1.38  comment stays in play and flag was dismissed  

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.1.49  Igknorantzruls  replied to  charger 383 @2.1.48    2 months ago

thanx, but i've NEVER flagged a comment and NEVER WILL, cause i'll take my verbal jui jitsu chances

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.1.50  charger 383  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.49    2 months ago

As explanation, That message was more for flagger and other members and euphuizing thet if responded to by member addressed it stays in play.  

Thanks for your participation 

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
3  Robert in Ohio    3 months ago

Biden dropping in to see the people of East Palestine over a year after the tragedy and acting like a sanctimonious savior is a bigger insult to these people than the fact that he was too busy to be bothered with the situation

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3    3 months ago

Excuse me?  What are you talking about?  It has been a year since the tragedy.  Sanctimonious savior?  Insulted, how?

Again, what are you talking about?????

Makes no sense.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    3 months ago

Excuse me?  What are you talking about?  It has been a year since the tragedy.  Sanctimonious savior?  Insulted, how?

Again, what are you talking about?????

Makes no sense.

You really don't understand and that is sad, but enjoy the satire and don't worry about missing the real point

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3.1.1    3 months ago

see my prior comment and carry on

toodles

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.2    2 months ago

Tessylo

Always glad to reread your intellectual and insightful input

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.4  MonsterMash  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3.1.3    2 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.5  MonsterMash  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3.1.3    2 months ago
Always glad to reread your intellectual and insightful input

That comment is a perfect example of satire. jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
3.1.6  Robert in Ohio  replied to  MonsterMash @3.1.5    2 months ago

Actually it was sarcasm, but good try

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3    3 months ago

I forgot.  This is supposed to be satire.

But then satire is supposed to be funny.

Continue

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @3.2    3 months ago

[Deleted]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3    3 months ago
Biden dropping in to see the people of East Palestine over a year after the tragedy and acting like a sanctimonious savior is a bigger insult to these people than the fact that he was too busy to be bothered with the situation

Under President Biden’s leadership, within hours of the derailment, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) deployed a team of trained emergency response personnel to East Palestine to aid state and local emergency and environmental response efforts. The Department of Transportation (DOT) also arrived on scene within hours to support the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) in their independent investigation of the derailment. The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) worked alongside state and local health departments to conduct public health testing and offer technical assistance. Throughout the response and recovery process, the Administration has continued to closely coordinate with the Ohio Governor, the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and Department of Health and local partners, including the Village of East Palestine and Columbiana County.

Donald Trump Can’t Distract From His Failures

• Trump spent four years dismantling the very railroad protections that could have prevented the incident in the first place. 

Donald Trump reversed an Obama regulation that was designed to prevent this very type of accident.

George
Junior Expert
3.3.1  George  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.3    3 months ago

And for those that actually care about the truth unlike the lying pieces of shit at the Lincoln project linked above.

However, even if this safety rule had still been in effect, it would not have applied to the Norfolk Southern train that derailed in East Palestine, because it was not categorized as a high-hazard cargo train.

Although the Norfolk Southern train contained hazardous materials, including vinyl chloride, it did not meet the Department of Transportation’s narrow definition of a high-hazard flammable unit train in that it didn’t have at least 70 cars containing flammable materials, such as crude oil or ethanol. The chemicals it was carrying fall into a different classification not included in this definition.

Mr. Kelly Ann Conway never had any integrity to start with so why would anybody except anything honest from him now.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.4  Split Personality  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3    3 months ago

Did you miss the SATIRE tag?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @3.4    3 months ago

Apparently

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    3 months ago

What protections were those? What Obama regulation?

The accident was caused by a faulty trackside defect detector that didn't give enough of an early enough warning of the hot bearing.

Why did it take Biden a whole year to visit the site of the accident? He could have taken a day less of vacation.

George
Junior Expert
4.1  George  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 months ago

He probably didn’t go because it took Jill a year to explain that Ohio isn’t where HAMAS is, and he wouldn’t get hurt.

GregTx
PhD Guide
4.1.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  George @4.1    3 months ago

Nah, I'm sure it was because they didn't want to expose someone so frail to toxins...

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.2  A. Macarthur  replied to  Greg Jones @4    2 months ago

“Obama imposed stricter rules on trains carrying toxins. Trump killed them.”
meter-mostly-true.jpg

Trump, Who Deregulated the Railroad Industry, Lies to the People of Ohio in His Visit

Asked about his administration’s own record, Trump pretended he had nothing to do with it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  A. Macarthur @4.2    2 months ago

The truth!  Thanks!

charger 383
Professor Silent
4.3  charger 383  replied to  Greg Jones @4    2 months ago
   "faulty trackside defect detector that didn't give enough of an early enough warning of the hot bearing."
the previous detector reported the bearing as trending hot and the one the train was on was sending a critical alarm (stop the train) when the derailment happened. 
Norfolk Southern is adding a lot of detectors.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5  Split Personality    3 months ago

SATIRE folks, SATIRE

GregTx
PhD Guide
5.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Split Personality @5    3 months ago

It is pathetic that it took till he was campaigning and down in polls to visit this town. Perfect fodder for satire...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  GregTx @5.1    3 months ago

Would it matter if he were up in the polls?

Perfect fodder for satire...

Well, I will agree it's fodder.

GregTx
PhD Guide
5.1.2  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.1    3 months ago
Would it matter if he were up in the polls?

After a year? Not to a lot of Americans. Thanks for your comments. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  GregTx @5.1.2    3 months ago

You are welcome.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.1    2 months ago

If Brandon would have given a shit about the people of East Palestine it wouldn't be "fodder".

But they were the wrong demographic; and he treated them as such.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.1    2 months ago

He provided a lot of that in the past week:

In his disastrous press conference of last week, he claimed that special counsel Hur’s report exonerated him. Anyone who read the findings concluded exactly the opposite.

Then he lied about what was said during his deposition that Hur brought up his son’s death (“How in the hell dare he raise that?”). In fact, Biden as is his serial wont, raised it, and does on a regular basis, and usually further lying that his son died while on military duty in Iraq.

He lied about notifying people about the classified documents he had in his garage and elsewhere "as soon as he realized it." In truth, Biden only admitted that he had for decades unlawfully removed classified files in 2017, to his ghostwriter in a recorded tape, and then he hid that fact and kept quiet for five more years, right up until his administration’s special counsel began to investigate Trump for the same thing. The ghostwriter then destroyed the tape.

He also lied when he claimed the files had no classification marks. They did.

He lied when he tried to convince the people that Trump’s once secure border is somehow responsible for Biden’s intentionally open border.

Finally, he told his biggest whopper when he claimed that Trump somehow caused the Ukraine invasion to occur under Biden's watch.

Where were all the liberal fact checkers in the last two weeks?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.5    2 months ago

All lies

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.5    2 months ago
In his disastrous press conference of last week, he claimed that special counsel Hur’s report exonerated him. 

Great ghosts, you mean like the Durham report?

At least Durham didn't offer his opinions on things not germane to the topic.

Anyone who read the findings concluded exactly the opposite.

Funny how that myopic partisan tunnel vision works isn't it?

Both reports dealt with intent, neither found criminal intent.

The rest of Biden's gaffes no matter how they were interpreted by Fox News had nothing to do with the Hur report.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.8  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.4    2 months ago

How so, did he pause for a photo op

to throw paper towels to hurricane survivors?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
5.2  A. Macarthur  replied to  Split Personality @5    2 months ago

Even satire can be propaganda.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  A. Macarthur @5.2    2 months ago

Absolutely

charger 383
Professor Silent
6  charger 383    2 months ago

E Hunter Harrison and the hedge fund managers who supported him should be blamed for this accident.  Hunter and his misnamed  idea called Precision Scheduled Railroading (PSR) which calls for  an operation ratio approaching 50%  badly hurt the 3 railroads he got control of at different times before he died. PSR cut maintenance and safety budgets along with other non-Precision things  Norfolk Southern (which he didn't get his hands on) was hurt by this cost cutting and was starting to recover when this accident happened.

Before being afflicted with PSR Norfolk Southern had won the railroad safety award about 20 years in a row.