Danny Boy - Gentri

Wild Mountain Thyme -  Emily Blunt

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    one month ago
The population of Ireland is about 6.9 million, but it is estimated that 50 to 80 million people around the world have Irish forebears, making the  Irish diaspora  one of the largest of any nation. Historically, emigration from Ireland has been the result of conflict, famine and economic issues. People of Irish descent are found mainly in English-speaking countries, especially  Great Britain , the  United States Canada New Zealand  and  Australia . There are also significant numbers in  Argentina Mexico Brazil Germany , and  The United Arab Emirates . The United States has the most people of Irish descent, while in Australia those of Irish descent are a higher percentage of the population than in any other country outside Ireland. Irish people - Wikiwand

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1    one month ago

irish stereotypes are funny...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  devangelical @1.1    one month ago

so is green beer. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    one month ago

so are micks that have had way too much green beer...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  devangelical @1.1.2    one month ago

I've been to more St Patrick's Day partys than I could count, and a real Irishman would never touch a green beer , other than to be polite,  and kind of laughs at those who do.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    one month ago

You got that right, I never understood dying the river green either - silly American custom.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.4    one month ago

I don't like the color but i suppose they have to dye it bright green to differentiate from the dirty green it usually is. 

There were thousands of people at the Chicago river yesterday morning to watch the dyeing, including quite a few tourists.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.5    one month ago

Yes, I read that 2 men were shot in the Loop yesterday as crowds gathered for the river dyeing.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    one month ago

What could be more appropriate on St. Patrick's Day than a large helping of the Chieftains. 

The Chieftains Reunion (Round Robin) featuring The Low Anthem at WGBH (youtube.com)