╌>

Jonathan Turley Says Judge Pauley Really Blasted Michael Cohen Yesterday, Except Judge Pauley's Been Dead For 3 Years

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  hallux  •  one month ago  •  9 comments

By:   JOE PATRICE - Above The Law

Jonathan Turley Says Judge Pauley Really Blasted Michael Cohen Yesterday, Except Judge Pauley's Been Dead For 3 Years

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Jonathan Turley’s labored relationship with the concept of linear time keeps getting him into trouble. He’s gushed at length about finally finding the smoking gun in the Hunter Biden case in 2018 messages involving “then vice president” Joe Biden — who, in the real world,   had left office over a year earlier . Then he expressed bemusement that Trump’s January 6 trial might start in January 2024 given that it would be a mere 18 days before inauguration.   He just forgot to add 366 days   (can’t forget leap year!).

He’s got a new update on yesterday’s Michael Cohen news:

As MeidasTouch editor-in-chief Ron Filipkowski dryly noted in a one sentence Tweet, “ Fox senior legal analyst.

Yes, Judge William H. Pauley III died in 2021. Judge Jesse M. Furman, on the other hand, is very much alive and did suggest Cohen’s past plea to Judge Pauley and Cohen’s 2023 testimony presented a double bind.

Mistakes happen, but there are a few details that make this mistake particularly bizarre. Most of Turley’s post is a verbatim quote of the judge who “slammed” Cohen saying “two possibilities: one, Cohen committed perjury when he pleaded guilty before Judge Pauley or, two, Cohen committed perjury in his October 2023 testimony.” Did he think Judge Pauley referred to himself in the third person a lot? Was he Jimmy?

Also, rather than write “Judge Pauley,” Turley types out “William Henry Pauley III.” He didn’t know that off the top of his head, right? Like, digging deep into my memory banks I might’ve pulled out the middle initial “H” but I couldn’t say that was necessarily short for “Henry.” Which means Turley had to look that up to be sure and it’s impossible to run a search for Judge Pauley that’s not going to lead off with something like this:

Screenshot-2024-03-21-at-6.32.22%E2%80%AFAM.png

The date is   right there , man!

Turley has since deleted the post.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
PhD Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    one month ago

It's okay Turley, after all you've been dead for a longer time.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Hallux @1    one month ago

turley's been brain dead a lot longer than that.

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Hallux  replied to  devangelical @1.1    one month ago

Appears to be so.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2  Ed-NavDoc    one month ago

Funny how when leftist liberal Democrats from Biden on down fouls up like that the left make excuses for them, but when a conservative does it the liberal left tries to proverbially crucify them in the media.

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    one month ago

Care for a roll of paper towels? Surely you've figured out by now Politics is a very mean sport that both sides play. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    one month ago
Funny how when leftist liberal Democrats from Biden on down fouls up like that the left make excuses for them,

and the right crucifies them.  How many Krugman bashings have we had here?

but when a conservative does it the liberal left tries to proverbially crucify them in the media.

Turley makes his living as a holier than thou self proclaimed Constitutional expert of law and facts.

When he fucks up the most mundane thing like misquoting a dead guy

I suggest you join in the well deserved mockery instead of circling the wagons and using the term 

"leftist liberal Democrats" in a sentence.

Just my opinion Ed.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @2.2    one month ago

kill joy...

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Split Personality @2.2    one month ago

I'm not a fan of Turley myself. I do not recall hearing from the left when President Biden called out for a lady in the audience to stand up and be recognized who had been dead for months. 

And for whatever it may be worth, I respect your opinion even if it differs from mine.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.2.2    one month ago
And for whatever it may be worth, I respect your opinion even if it differs from mine

Thank You Ed.